[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Vindictus Rise Review

UndonexillusionUndonexillusion
Vindictus Rep: 600
edited August 18, 2017 in General Discussion

Review for Vindictus Rise update leave me feedback on the channel or hear to help me make better content
  1. Did you agree with what was said18 votes
    1. Yes
       56% (10 votes)
    2. No
       44% (8 votes)

Comments

• XXlockdownXXXXlockdownXX
    Vindictus Rep: 1,255
    edited August 19, 2017
    Man.. i m too lazy to see a 30 min video of some random people speaking.Could you make a written review?
    Hmm here a little gem from the past
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=w15oWDh02K4
  • UndonexillusionUndonexillusion
    you don't have to watch it more of audio if any thing
  • Sw33tSSw33tS
    Vindictus Rep: 1,265
    I like what that lil Fi-fi karok hybrid white mask looking guy said, the game has been "simplified" or shortened. Now you could only do this and that, everything else is irrelevant to the game.
    Anyways, rise update made the game less appealing to new players, it's easier. We (og's) had the luxury of enjoying the game at it's finest at one point because we started earlier than them. They won't get to experience what we experienced but that's why there's Youtube and recordings so show what this game used to be like back in the days.
    As for enhancement, yes, wish it was different. +20? but +15 is already really hard. Nothing much to say about that, especially since you can't take a low level +15 any higher. That sucks for the OG's. The game is just trying to reach a middle-point where most characters are the same, if you know what I mean.
  • Arrow95Arrow95
    Vindictus Rep: 2,515
    The rise update just made it easyer for newer players, who just play casual
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Review is pretty accurate, though with the way players have been even more spread out and the difficulty with gaining seals--a huge step backwards--the game just doesn't offer nearly as much socially as is it used to. That on top of other horrible changes like an increase to a max of +20 with decreased enhanced rate and increased benefit to additional damage and there are just too many steps in the wrong direction for it to be worth any serious time or energy anymore for many former regulars.
    UndonexillusionSaintGuinness
  • TroyTroy
    Vindictus Rep: 725
    I think that removing seals from lower raids and gold from dungeons when you're not within level range. Gives people NO REASON to actually help them reward wise :/
    SaintGuinness
  • arkaine757arkaine757
    Vindictus Rep: 1,430
    +10 useless, +15 god like
    4 Man Raid
    Season 1 and 2 useless
    Every gear below 90 useless

Yeah...
    MochiSweetSaintGuinness
  • X1Guts1XX1Guts1X
    Vindictus Rep: 1,795
    Positives:
    1)Incrementally building your gear is now financially logical due to standardization of purpe to HIGHEST stat and decrease in cost of materials required to upgrade. This helps new players and veterans without lots of NX to build gear over time
    2) Enchantment system is actually decent now, with NX related items recycling with "shards" and "fragments" and rank A,9,8 not reckting gear and actually being useful - just change binding system a bit and this will be pretty decent overall
    3) Ease of use, skipping dialogue, and other QOL improvemtns are all good
    4) Game optimization - I have a crap laptop and was having FPS issues before Rise, now I'm not having any problems, so good job on FINALLY doing some Optimizations
    Negatives:
    1) You improved enchantment, then went ahead and totally REKT enhancement by adding +20 and OP add Damage
    2) You made all the S1 and S2 bosses EZ mode, which takes out challenge of game Story Mode
    3) Crafting System is STILL NOT WORTH IT really, and FURTHER MEASURES need to be done to make it worthwhile the investment. Increase the RATE of 3* items and eliminate 2* and 1* items, and maybe cut the actual time it takes to level up by 33%

Overall, I'd say it was overwhelmingly an improvement EXCEPT for the ENHANCEMENT + add Damage changes effectively making this game completely P2W
    Undonexillusion
  • ZeroheartZeroheart
    Vindictus Rep: 7,740
    Good review, but for me the score is more or 4/10 , the Quality of Life changes were overdue for a long time but the changes in game play kinda ruined the good parts of what made Vindi special. Mostly the raid battles, each raid battle offer something new and challenging to the player:
    - Nightmare in the ruin = Two giant spiders, now it is single spider like hidden even thought the cut scene shows two.
    - Irukul = The run was exciting where some player can show off their skill in hold him back and an option to drop rock on him, now quick sand bag
    - Hidden Forest = First boss that spams projectiles that taught player to run and dodge properly.
    - Ancient Glass = He has a break off which was pretty cinematic, now Two combo can usually kill him.
    - The Dragons is enough said.

I get the idea to lower the difficulty to bring in the new players, but when i was rushing new release characters if i couldn't find a story raid to join, I played it on easy. or normal, That was always an option if you want to progress the story. Why couldn't they leave hard mode and hero mode is locked til 90. With the game play change the still screw new players since why would anyone lv90 and higher join anything beside S3. S1 and S2 raids offer no seals, no high rank ES and once you hit 95 no f&^king gold. Us veterans didn't mind before since we can get this stuff but hey our stuff need to repair and it can cost 100k and so . With no mission besides S3 to offer us gold 20k base maybe . I have some characters i can't play anymore since the equipment is broken and sending them money is kinda pointless since the rate of money gained is less than money that can be easy occurred since i can't wear cheap gear in S3.

Before rise, I was running S1 (Colhen and Rocheste) , Malina raids and area raids (Ghost ship, Crescent moon island, not twilight desert though, and sometime misty peaks) as well S3 raids. I was more active and playing a lot more. Now mostly stay in S3 and AFK a lot more. in town.

If Devcat wanted more and new players, please for the love of Tieve, advertise the game more or optimize the game to run better. The graphic are not top but still better than most MMO. When asking popular youtuber to play and promote (See Rosster teeth play it) please have them spend time to learn. I swear you gave them 70 lv accounts and set them loose. They barely knew the combos and their skills. Also with RISE you lost some streamers, we used to have more but who wants to watch the same 7 raids over and over and with mostly likely same 4 ppl. Hell the Vindictus office sneak peak twitch stream, they are barely the skill level of new players after all these years. Put an ad on the nexon launcher , i find this game better than maple story or FPS.
    UndonexillusionSaintGuinness
    Thank you For the Feedback
    I would be nice if you were able to sub and tell me how I can improve my channel

• ZeroheartZeroheart
    Vindictus Rep: 7,740
    Like Vinidi related or just in general gaming.
    For vindi: I guess build episodes or skills, Like easy Dullahan bombing or tips and tricks of characters (Surprised some newer Evie's does not know quick charge or some Arisha can not perform full combos)

Other I do enjoy watching let play's (get big enough a free sponsors) Maybe a MMO Review where the review actually plays 100 hrs before giving his own review.

That or Arisha dancing...just do that.
    IF you did put a dislike please explain why it not helpful for you to not agree and not say why you don't
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Forgot to mention as well horrible QoL missteps like having to the the Enhancement/Enchanting quests on every single character on your account, even if they were in the game before Rise his and have had no issue utilizing the system. This update was clearly rushed in so many ways and thus far has ignored all positive feedback from players, resulting in something that is unnecessarily trying at best and off-putting to the point of wanting to log out for good in others.