[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Unstable Enhancement Rune Warning/discussion

Yuria100Yuria100
Vindictus Rep: 2,480
edited August 17, 2017 in General Discussion
swTkwJC.png

This is the new discription for the rune. After using the rune, the rune is consumed after a success leading to the discription as being miss leading. Just a warning.

I made a bug report on this issue here link

Which version of the rune would ya like more, the version of the current discription where if it succeed you keep the rune and if it fails you don't get a scrap back or the old one where it consumed either way?
  1. Which version?20 votes
    1. Current discription version
       70% (14 votes)
    2. Old version
       30% (6 votes)

Comments

• EffectEffect
    Vindictus Rep: 1,040
    I don't see why anyone would want them to be consumed upon success.
    PhoebeHalliwelDokkun
  • Yuria100Yuria100
    same, but who knows x3
  • KenshinXKenshinX
    Vindictus Rep: 1,870
    New version is better. One other thing, did anyone success even one enhance with this rune? I've gotten a total of 16 across my 2 accounts and every single one failed
  • Yuria100Yuria100
    there one random person i was talking to that used it to go from +4 to +5(rune 1), +5 to +6 (rune 2), and +7 to +8 (rune 3). dont know why they did it that way but yeah they were consumed when it succeeded.
  • RobertLiviaRobertLivia
    Vindictus Rep: 2,905
    Yuria100 wrote: »
    there one random person i was talking to that used it to go from +4 to +5(rune 1), +5 to +6 (rune 2), and +7 to +8 (rune 3). dont know why they did it that way but yeah they were consumed when it succeeded.

Who uses runes from +4 lol. I only use from +8 and up.. since that's when the threat of destruction comes into play.. up until then ur safe. just set back and reset.

But I used a few, succeeded a bunch also failed a bunch. The description is flawed indeed it does consume regardless of failure or success , good part is it protects ur item. haha.
  • Yuria100Yuria100
    edited August 17, 2017
    I sometime use Runes at +6 and +7, so i can avoid it goign back to 0. but thats if i'm getting a bad streak when getting to +6 and +7. Also prevent me from wasting excess gold on re plusing them back to +6 or +7 via buying Stones.

Someone else already said exactly what you said @RobertLivia (in discord chat but what evs), and most will agree, but what said person does with thier rune is their choice even if it not a good choice x3.
    Dokkun
  • TetsujinTetsujin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,660
    The bigger problem with the description is that it doesn't say that the rune won't work for items +11 or higher.

I had been happily collecting them, thinking I could use them to safely enhance my weapon to +12 or higher & I was really shocked & disappointed when I tried it on a +11 longsword & the game wouldn't allow me to use it. ohq83W0.png
    clickhere
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    edited August 17, 2017
    This is why they are "unstable", and this is what made them different from the regular runes before Rise changes. As far I know these will be eventually in seal of bravery shop, so don't expect their functionality to be changed.
  • Yuria100Yuria100
    edited August 17, 2017
    Just wanted to have a discussion on the poll and people opinion on the matter while also making a post about the issue in bug report so they can fix the "bug", having this discussion might get them to fix this during their next maint maybe :*