[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

A few Newbie Questions

YomaYoma
Vindictus Rep: 580
in New Recruits
Hi,

since i finally fond a character fun for me after years of coming and leaving starting a new character every time, i got a few questions regarding several (basic) lategame stuff.

To keep it short and simple:

1. What's the way to go at upgrading a weapon to +11/+12? Should i start using Runes at +5 so it doesnt reset upon failure? (And how does one upgrade past +12 wihtout runes being aviable )
2. I got several Runes (Even Premium ones) on another character of the account so is it possible to e.g. upgrade the weapon to +8, (since it gets bound at +9 i heard) then swap it to the character which has the premium runes, make it +11/+12 there with the runes and scroll it and then unbind it and switch it back to my main?
3. If you use a Quality+1 booster on an item piece, will it become bound? (Regarding the weekend event)
4. Is there any good/reliable way to get a Greater Werewolf Paw because PvP is pretty much dead.
5. What is a good farming methos for fresh 95's? I currently farm either Ben Chenner Entrance or if i feel like doing it the boring but more profitable way, Trailhead just the Luminary. (I play Sylas so dont expect the greatest solo feats)
6. The active ability Weapon piece of 90/95 Weapons can be changed and therefor ignored upon buying? (Petrify nearby enemies, stamina reduction etc.)
7. Is Expertise something usefull or should i ignore it? (Because the mats can sell for quite a sum themselves, at the right time that is.)

That's it already if i did not happen to forget something. I do appreciate every answer even if you only have the time to help me with a point or two.

Best regards.

Comments

• ImMikeImMike
    Vindictus Rep: 530
    edited August 10, 2017
    1. You can start at 5 if you have bunch of them. I start use rune at 6 most of the time. Also even if you fail you will get rune shards that can be exchange for +1 coupon - 4 shards= 1 coupon. Notice that you will get them only from normal runes not unstable ones. To up your weapon lvl 90/95 to more than +12 it have to be full orange.
    2. You can get a free shared storge from story at some lvl so my advice is to check how many runes are tradeable via storge and put them to one with prem rune so you could up from +8 to +10. Then use +11 rune and if you you succed you can sent it to main or scroll it . Also remember not to push your luck and yolo to +12 when it wont be on good character.
    3. It will bound but only on 5th star as far as i know
    4. Nope there is not. You can try to find some ppl via mega asking about Arena Trade. If can its good to have item that give you 2x win/lose seals
    5. There is a lot of party thats farm new maps so you can join to them
    6. That one dunno never try
    7. Well for start i would say its good to have beginner done coz after that you can dismalt items and craft element stones but dont use all your gold for that.

Ok so thats a bit of what i know hope it even little helpful. And sorry for my mistakes im to tired to check it all
    Ertxz18Yoma
  • YomaYoma
    Thank you for taking your time answering my questions.

I got 6 unbound Enhancement runes and 3 bound ones on my main (Sylas) and my Kai (on which the premium ones are). Besides that i got 7 unstable ones aswell. Hopefully this amount will suffice.
  • ImMikeImMike
    Ye it should do. Just use those bound first till +8 coz shards can be trade by shared storge befor transfor into a coupon :)
  • YomaYoma
    edited August 12, 2017
    Well, the Dagger is now +11 with merely 3 fails between +7 and +10. Im currently farming for some scrolls because well... everything costed a little more than i wanted but well 8,8k essence cost what it cost. Now to my question, what happens if i fail it at +12? Rise has changed it i heard that once it fails it becomes bound and cant be enchanted further. (To +12 and higher) Is that true and should i go for the risk or is there some time to wait for like when an rune for +12 will come. (I readed in a thread that kr has such runes so any info regarding them coming here?)

And ya one more question, these enhancement coupons you get from enhancement rune fragments only work up to +10 dont they?

PS:I do have Restoration Scrolls. (The Scrolls used etc. will be restored aswelll dont they?)
  • ImMikeImMike
    edited August 14, 2017
    Yes if you fail you wont be able to up it again.
    There is a chance that we will be able to get +12 runes when hurk 2nd weap will come. I have +11 weap myself and didnt try to up it yet coz i hope for soem +12 runes.
    Yes they work only till +10
    The revived weapon will be the same one you fail so all scrolls infusions etc will remain
  • Blackbirdx61Blackbirdx61
    Vindictus Rep: 1,355
    Have a few Newbie Questions of my own, thought I would just tag along this thread.
    1. Is there an AP cap? or can a player ultimately max out all trait/skilll lines. I was watching some videos and the OP was regretting some of his earlier AP decisions on Arisha. So it got me wondering. I do know that you can buy a full reset; saw that in the cash shop but the price seemed pretty steep so thought best to avoid that up front best I can just now. Ty BB.