[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Report Nmehain for hacking :V

Comments

• SuhpremeSuhpreme
    Vindictus Rep: 3,935
    ? you got your back swiped bro, your shield was only guarding your front side
  • erickhendrixerickhendrix
    Vindictus Rep: 930
    fiona shield wokrs in 360 degreeees yoru argument is invalid, ;v
  • HallyHally
    Vindictus Rep: 1,985
    Could just be lag. Which can result in you getting hit through block.
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    This happens everyday for Sword Vellas.
  • ScevityScevity
    Vindictus Rep: 975
    Heavy stander is a bit weird in neam and dullahan, with both small and large shield. Something similar to perfect guard timing applies to when you press the up button to go from guard to heavy stander. After the supposed perfect guard window until a little after the animation of setting up heavy stander is over, you can't block anything. This period of time seems to be longer with worse connection.
    BraveBlade2
  • RhapsodyOfFireRhapsodyOfFire
    Vindictus Rep: 5,375
    edited August 8, 2017
    There is an approx. 250-500 ms (quarter or half but i haven't measured it) timeframe on perfect guard and the hit landed approx. 250 ms after you guarded. Plus calculate in the usual Vindi lag that can spread over that entire timeframe and that lag compensation doesn't exist in this game.
    fiona shield wokrs in 360 degreeees yoru argument is invalid, ;v

I think that was sarcasm...
  • LeucosieLeucosie
    Vindictus Rep: 2,105
    Fiona is vulnerable for a short period of time during the heavy stander animation, blame devcat :p
    SamalenkoBraveBlade2
  • SamalenkoSamalenko
    Vindictus Rep: 1,475
    as Leuco stated, this is intended .

Basically all smashes that requires perfect block, would also require "perfect heavy stander"
  • SaphreeSaphree
    Vindictus Rep: 2,280
    Samalenko wrote: »

Basically all smashes that requires perfect block, would also require "perfect heavy stander"

there's no such thing as a "perfect heavy stander" as far as I know, and it was prob just a bug knowing this game
  • RobertLiviaRobertLivia
    Vindictus Rep: 2,905
    Neh, I can stay 2 min with heavy stander on and no hit would touch me except red and in knockback animation.

It was lag or some sort of bug.
  • LeucosieLeucosie
    I don't think it is intended, it's probably a bug but just like Scevity described it, the second half of heavy stander's animation is vulnerable to incoming attacks. It often happens when you are late using heavy stander against Neamhain Ohk/ Neit Ohk / Neamhain's purple aoe or her quick stabs. It Also happens when you are really close to dullahan and you try to heavy stander the multi hit flying sword blow ( the one you should block anyway : p )

BraveBlade2
  • RhapsodyOfFireRhapsodyOfFire
    Vindictus Rep: 5,375
    edited August 9, 2017
    Any of the guard skills have vulnerability frames until their animations are over (around 200-250 ms). Then the invulnerability frame starts (probably until the sound effect is over) and his timing was in that frame because the animation has already finished.

People with crappy PC's like me experience these delays quite often in parties and sometimes people with high-end PC's experience the same issue it seems.
    Saphree wrote: »
    Samalenko wrote: »

there's no such thing as a "perfect heavy stander" as far as I know, and it was prob just a bug knowing this game

Last time i used HS in time there were blue sparks and stamina reduction. Did they change it?
  • Riy45Riy45
    Vindictus Rep: 710
    edited August 9, 2017
    SirRFI wrote: »
    This happens everyday for Sword Vellas.
    gmkyor.png
    being vella is suffering
    Leucosie
  • ScevityScevity
    Perfect heavy stander is a thing for large shield. It costs less stamina to block, gives tons of sp, and you can hold it forever.
    As long as you give yourself a good second or two to get into heavy stander before any attack hits, you can block anything that requires perfect guard.
  • SamalenkoSamalenko
    Vindictus Rep: 1,475
    edited August 10, 2017
    by "perfect" I mean there is a small gap between you actually start heavy stander and the animation you hold the shield. During that phase you could get hit by "heavy smash"(attacks that requires perfect block/perfect amber). Imo this is intended.

some other "heavy smash" in game like , (Rochester)Glas dive or Lugh multiblinks, you also get hit from there . Not just dullahan or Neamhain .

So for the best you could time the heavy stander a little bit ahead of time .

if needed I might make a video to prove it .
    Leucosie
  • ScevityScevity
    edited August 11, 2017
    So it seems this feature applies to all season 3 content. I kind of suspected it but didn't have the experience to back up any claims other than dullahan and neam.
  • LeucosieLeucosie
    Scevity wrote: »
    So it seems this feature applies to all season 3 content. I kind of suspected it but didn't have the experience to back up any claims other than dullahan and neam.

Same they are the only ones against whom I use HS in some situations :p

I took it for granted when we switched to PRE that heavy stander blocks any attack at any given time during the animation and that perfect-guard was only a thing when guarding. So I thought this was a bug of some sort. Samalenko is right, it applies to every smashes. I haven't even been bothered reading the skill description until now

521328Sanstitre9.png

609753unknown.png

• AnnerAnner
    Vindictus Rep: 1,935
    You don't have to "perfect" HS to block that attack though, or any attack. Perfect HS just reduces stamina consumption I believe.

That has happened to me though, but normally when I'm not hosting. I believe, for the most part, it's a connection issue.