[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Character Gender Ratio - What do you think?

seashorescrollsseashorescrolls
Vindictus Rep: 545
edited August 7, 2017 in General Discussion
Back when this game was new, DevCat always managed to keep the male/female gender ratio of characters even.

We started with fiona and lann. Then came Evie. Then Karok. Then Kai. Then Vella. Then Hurk. Then Lynn.

After Lynn, You'd think we would have gotten another male character, just to balance the gender choice. But we got Arisha after Lynn. After Arisha came Sylas, a male......

But instead of giving another male after Sylas, DevCAT released Delia... and now we're getting Miri after Delia, another female.

Males: 5
Females: 7

I'm just curious about this topic, since I my taste is in playing male characters over female characters (i don't have any female characters). I play all the male characters, except Sylas - he is too feminine / justin bieber-y for my liking. It would be nice if they made another male character after Miri. But if they don't make another male character, at least I won't have to invest any NX or gold into something new.

Do you think there will be any more characters after Miri? If so, do you think the next one will be male, or female?

Rezi
  1. Will the next character after Miri be male or female?63 votes
    1. After Miri, next char will be MALE.
       27% (17 votes)
    2. After Miri, next char will be FEMALE.
       16% (10 votes)
    3. After Miri, next char will be androgenous.
       5% (3 votes)
    4. After Miri, next char will be transgender.
       32% (20 votes)
    5. After Miri, there won't be any more characters.
       21% (13 votes)

Comments

• hornywatermelonhornywatermelon
    Vindictus Rep: 3,985
    Female heroines generate more revenue.
  • LennasLennas
    Vindictus Rep: 610
    Female heroines generate more revenue.

Pretty much this. Not only that, they're a lot easier to make. All the female characters use the same body model with Vella being the only one that even has a different texture, so they can re-use the assets and just make a new face and animations. Like that the armors are all interchangeable as well and new versions of those don't have to be created either.
  • AngelYukkiAngelYukki
    Vindictus Rep: 2,300
    edited August 7, 2017
    People continuing to compare sylas to jb smh
    but yea prev posts pretty much answered question.
  • RainbootsRainboots
    Vindictus Rep: 725
    AngelYukki wrote: »
    People continuing to compare sylas to jb smh
    but yea prev posts pretty much answered question.

Yeah I agree..

It was pretty obvious that DevCat was going for a Kpop styled male character..
  • PhoebeHalliwelPhoebeHalliwel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,720
    All of this sounds just dumb to me. I look at the gameplay of a character, not the gender..
    PlaksterSaintGuinness
  • seashorescrollsseashorescrolls
    All of this sounds just dumb to me. I look at the gameplay of a character, not the gender..

I think looks, gender, fashion, style and role are all important when it comes to playing a character in an MMO. Most of us end up designing our characters in our own special and unique way, and Vindictus gives us a great variety of looks to choose from. I look at what they've done with TERA, giving 3 or 4 classes exclusive only to that little midget loli elin race, and I cringe. Same thing goes here, I have no interest in playing sexy girls, strippers, or lolis. That's all. Anyway, if they don't make any more male characters after Miri, it's no biggie for me - it just means I save my NX and gold for my current chars instead of a new one.
  • BladeXAngelBladeXAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,805
    as predicted, most votes go to trolling options lol
    Anthonytonyboy
  • PhoebeHalliwelPhoebeHalliwel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,720

I think looks, gender, fashion, style and role are all important when it comes to playing a character in an MMO. Most of us end up designing our characters in our own special and unique way, and Vindictus gives us a great variety of looks to choose from. I look at what they've done with TERA, giving 3 or 4 classes exclusive only to that little midget loli elin race, and I cringe. Same thing goes here, I have no interest in playing sexy girls, strippers, or lolis. That's all. Anyway, if they don't make any more male characters after Miri, it's no biggie for me - it just means I save my NX and gold for my current chars instead of a new one.

Stay on topic.
    Gender and customization are two different things.
    I would like to have both genders for each class so that everybody is free to play the character with the gameplay they mostly like in male/female version, but that won't be happening.
  • ArishanteArishante
    Vindictus Rep: 1,280
    edited August 10, 2017
    A male warrior that rips his clothes and goes all out is a virile berserker, but when Delia does that it's a stripper's thing:D.
    PhoebeHalliwelUsagiiiKun
  • seashorescrollsseashorescrolls

Stay on topic.
    Gender and customization are two different things.
    I would like to have both genders for each class so that everybody is free to play the character with the gameplay they mostly like in male/female version, but that won't be happening.

You're the one going off topic. Gender falls under the category of customization.
  • UsagiiiKunUsagiiiKun
    Vindictus Rep: 1,855
    I've literally wanted a male counterpart to Evie and a female Kai for years now, but for some reason everyone says that's a bad idea fml
    tumblr_ou33atXZjf1u8n0xao1_540.jpg
    (to stay on topic tho, next character will hands down be male, probably that one guy from that one April fools joke...Kiva or whatever)