[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Royal Raid Lag

JinyieJinyie
Vindictus Rep: 1,830
in General Discussion
When will Royal Raid be fixed? :*

Comments

• IngkellsIngkells
    Vindictus Rep: 1,405
    they have been laggy for so long that they probably wont be fixed, unless u count party size going from 24 to 16 to 12. 4 man royal will be buttery smooth
  • HairDryerHairDryer
    Vindictus Rep: 770
    edited August 3, 2017
    Royal Raids appear to be partly hosted by the 1st person who loads into it. For example if I load the RaR map and I'm the first and only person in the lobby when it fills to 10 and starts I have no more lag then I would normally hosting a raid, but on the flip side, out of 8 I've joined that were already filling up 6 had horrible lag and 2 were even smoother then when I "hosted" the raid. It's still very inconsistent of a system.
  • AbaddanAbaddan
    Vindictus Rep: 2,320
    HairDryer wrote: »
    Royal Raids appear to be partly hosted by the 1st person who loads into it. For example if I load the RaR map and I'm the first and only person in the lobby when it fills to 10 and starts I have no more lag then I would normally hosting a raid, but on the flip side, out of 8 I've joined that were already filling up 6 had horrible lag and 2 were even smoother then when I "hosted" the raid. It's still very inconsistent of a system.

This has been talked about a long time ago.
  • LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    Vindictus Rep: 5,275
    edited August 3, 2017
    It's weird...I can join my first RR and it will be smooth. And then join my second and it be unplayable. I used to think it was linked to what boss it was...but no...even that is not a good predictor. It's like a surprise each time.
  • AphoticaiAphoticai
    Vindictus Rep: 1,185
    Is it really the person "hosting" it being the first to launch the boat? Or is it one server handling them all, and when a mega goes up calling for RAR people start trying to get into a sure and fast clear, to wind up having more than one boat up, thus lagging said server.

I recall seeing messages from time to time saying it was looking for a server, what is it doing at that time, testing PING on everyone involved to choose the best host, or allocating resources on a blade server at NexonNA?

If it was looking for the best host, I would think it would not matter if you, being a good host, were the first one to launch into it, right?