[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

some questions about chunk replacement/level 95 eq

ShifonShifon
Vindictus Rep: 510
in General Discussion
if for example i make a level 95 armour with orange essence and purple chunk,will i be able to use r6? is there an enhancement limit for that?

does changing the main essence will make your enhancement reset? how about the enchants?
and what about if you replace the chunks?

is there any penalty applied when using the material synthesis for level 95 equip?(the upgrading shard thing)

thank you

Comments

• RadeRade
    Vindictus Rep: 1,020
    Mainly going off of what I know from 90 gear here, but should still hold true unless something got changed: Enchant and enhancement accessibility should be decided solely by the values listed on the essence, and quality of the chunks shouldn't matter. I remembered hearing they put some kind of cap on enhancement after which point you need to have full orange to raise it any further, but I got an orange essence/purple chunk weapon to +12 without running into that, so I don't know if that was actually a thing.
    Changing the main essence will reset the enhancement if you go from purple to orange. Anything else should keep it. Enchantments are never lost from replacing materials.
    I don't know what kind of penalties you're thinking of for material synthesis, but no, there's nothing that punishes you for doing it that I know of. It's just an expensive process whether you're doing it to 90 gear or 95 gear.
  • KourinKourin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,375
    You cannot enhance to +13 or above unless you have a full orange item. Aside from that, how much you can enhance and what scrolls you can use should be written on the main essence.

And as far as I know, enhance is reset if you're changing the main essence from purple > orange. Don't know about enchants, but it's best to be safe and enchant after you've got an orange as your main piece.
  • ShifonShifon
    Vindictus Rep: 510
    edited August 2, 2017
    i see,thank you rade and kourin
    only the main essence is important then
    oh but how about a purple 95 with orange essence,can it be r6-ed?
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    As far I remember scrolls remains. The thing is that purples accept up to rank 8 scrolls.