[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

New Channel bug

NoburoNoburo
Vindictus Rep: 2,940
in Bug Reporting
This is a long running issue for me, well over a year at this point, though I know not everyone experiences this for some reason. After returning to town from a battle I'll occasionally be stuck in "New Ch.", and be unable to switch to the channel I want. Trying to do so will just result in no channel change and no system messages after the channel changing loading bar finishes. I have to switch to any other channel first, wait the 5 seconds, and then switch to the target channel.

Until now I thought that it was the preferred channel feature that was bugged, but today I realised that the channel it disallows you from switching to is the channel the player was in before the battle.

Steps to recreate: Go into any nonstandard channel (7 or higher) and finish a battle. After returning to town there will be no message stating "Moved to ch. X" . Trying to switch to the same channel as before the battle will bring up no system message and change the channel to "New Ch." after a delay.

Comments

• DorianSBDorianSB
    Vindictus Rep: 1,160
    I want to know how to solve this problem too
  • SlothPrincessSlothPrincess
    Vindictus Rep: 1,420
    I often get stuck in New Channel and the way I solve it is this: simply go to a channel that isn't the channel you were in before. Then switch back to the one you want.

Example: I was in CH 57 before starting a mission. Stuck in New CH after finishing mission. Switch to CH 58. Switch back to CH 57. Hope this helps