[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Dullahan 101

탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
Vindictus Rep: 5,590
in Battle Quests and Guides
Granted you guys don't have this raid just yet but I will add this here anyway. There will be a stone pillar in the middle of the arena that will come into play at some time.

Starting Out: It basically starts as any other raid. You go in, you wail at the boss, you try not to take damage left and right, easy. HOWEVER....do keep in mind that he is next to the stone pillar. I recommend leading Dullahan away from the Pillar. You will know why as you keep reading c:

At 9 Bars: The stone pillar in the middle will shatter it's stone shell and reveal an Ice Pillar. Hmmm this seems rather suspicious. I wonder what it can be for? Just keep doing what you are doing and wail on Dullahan in the remote spot you lead her to.

At 8 Bars: Start focusing on keeping Dullahan away from the Ice Pillar. This part can be challenging if you use your lockdown too early. Be sure to notify in order in chat of your lockdown turn to keep the DPS going as smooth as possible to deal as much damage as possible before Dullahan reaches the Pillar. There will be some instances where.....the pillar breaks and Dullahan isn't even near it....or Dullahan teleports to it and it breaks....I think that's a glitch though.....

When Dullahan and Her Soul Unite: This is the part that is VERY tedious and time consuming. While Dullahan and her soul are united you will not deal nearly any damage. You will need to use Soul-Separation Stones or Soul-Splitting Stones (depends on NA's choice of translations....both works....or they may have their own idea) in order to separate Dullahan's Soul from her Body. But here is the tedious part. You have to aim for the Neck. You can hit the neck from either the front or the back. Keep in mind that because this boss moves so fast hitting the neck isn't easy unless you study and find the best time to use your bombs. In a full party you will need to hit the neck 6 times.

When Dullahan's Soul is Separated from the Body: There is a pattern to this. Remember when Lakoria first came out and one person would distract the tail? Well that's gonna happen with Dullahan HOWEVER it will never be the same person. She will be aggro'd to whoever attacks her soul....but only for a short amount of time. She will teleport away from who she is aggro'd to after about....10-15 seconds and choose a player to teleport to. So if you are close to the body and you have the bright blue glow on you then you need to get away from the body as quick as possible. Otherwise her Soul will unite with her body allowing her to regain her lost power forming the shield back up. Then you must bomb the neck again.

At 4-3 Bars: Dullahan's soul will disappear and the shield will be gone making the Soul-Separation Stones not spawn for the remainder of the fight....however Dullahan will go into a Frenzy and start summoning a lot of clone Dullahan Souls forming a giant ring. DO NOT step outside the ring or you will take ice AOE damage and it hurts badly. Stay towards the outer part of the ring because from the middle of that area a red ring that is undodge-able will start appearing spreading from the middle outward. The goal is to dodge the souls from the outer part of the ring. Once that AOE attack is done you go back to wailing on Dullahan.

IMPORTANT: At 4-3 bars phase there is a glitch that happened on Test Server. It MAY have gotten fixed. I won't know until I keep running it on Live Server but if Dullahan keeps the shield at Phase 3 then the raid is then impossible to complete due to the Soul-Separation Stones no longer spawning. At this point you may as well give up that run and try again.
ZensArellaRothdazedgumballLoLoBootyOrder5DelterosBloodAngelBlawrghMochiSweetAqua22and 6 others.

Comments

• dazedgumballdazedgumball
    Vindictus Rep: 7,725
    The Dullahan is a female? That is my knowledge of the day.
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    dazedgumball

It's technically classified as a headless being that rides a horse, CAN be male or female depending on which medieval region they hail from.

They are technically affiliated with ice because in Norse mythology, Dullahans can actually freeze mortals to death by calling out their name. They are also known to be affliated with other elements as well, which includes fire, lightning, and metals.

Dullahans are afraid of the element gold (Aurum) because it can hinder their body and soul from becoming one, often running at the slightest glimpse of it. It can be speculated that the soul stones can be made out of gold.

Their main method of attacking is using a whip made out of a spine of an animal, usually being a human, a lion, or a python because of their range, of which the human is much more common than the other two.
    Anner
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Ikarsu
    Ikarsu said:

dazedgumball

It's technically classified as a headless being that rides a horse, CAN be male or female depending on which medieval region they hail from.

They are technically affiliated with ice because in Norse mythology, Dullahans can actually freeze mortals to death by calling out their name. They are also known to be affliated with other elements as well, which includes fire, lightning, and metals.

Dullahans are afraid of the element gold (Aurum) because it can hinder their body and soul from becoming one, often running at the slightest glimpse of it. It can be speculated that the soul stones can be made out of gold.

Their main method of attacking is using a whip made out of a spine of an animal, usually being a human, a lion, or a python because of their range, of which the human is much more common than the other two.
    Basically this. Though I was basing it on the Soul Appearance. The soul is apparently a female. Though I don't know too much about the mythology about Dullahan so it's more or less me assuming it's Gender.
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    Ikarsu
    Ikarsu said:

dazedgumball

What Ikarsu said, Dullahan is a noble steed: http://hataraku.wikia.com/wiki/Dullahan
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    탱크블레이드

Basically this. Though I was basing it on the Soul Appearance. The soul is apparently a female. Though I don't know too much about the mythology about Dullahan so it's more or less me assuming it's Gender.
    It's been a while since an MMO has had an ice theme boss anyway, and dullahan fits in perfectly. Though, I'm not sure how powerful the 95 weapons are going to be when compared to the 90 weapons because a load of players have +15 90s with almost 16,000 attack rating.

They most likely chose the dullahan to be Female to fit the ice theme even more. It even gives me some Blizzeta battle vibes from twilight princess by reading your description.

The armor is just an empty husk and the gender of the Dullahan is dependent on the soul that inhabits the armor.

There could be a connection to the nine worlds in Vindictus, where Helheim is a world that is completely enveloped by ice clocking in at absolute zero temperatures (0°K, –273.15°C, or –459.67°F.), where the dead and Dullahans reside and travel to Midgard (Earth or the regular world of Vindictus) to take a human soul with them as an act of revenge of some form. It is rumored that the dead souls suffer from this extreme cold and seek revenge on Midgard for their warm luxuries on those that murdered them, with Dullahans having full memories of their past before their untimely death.

BloodAngelOrder5
  • NoburoNoburo
    Vindictus Rep: 2,940
    I hope they end up patching the raid to give him lockdown invulnerability at the 8 bars part. Really don't like there being an expectation for people to use lockdowns to cheese raids like that, and there's already a 2 minute run on youtube where they blitzed him down to 0 before he could even hit the pillar. If the boss is so strong and wastes so much time that these strategies feel like a necessity then he needs adjustments to his stats and patterns.
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    edited December 17, 2016
    Noburo
    Noburo said:

I hope they end up patching the raid to give him lockdown invulnerability at the 8 bars part. Really don't like there being an expectation for people to use lockdowns to cheese raids like that, and there's already a 2 minute run on youtube where they blitzed him down to 0 before he could even hit the pillar. If the boss is so strong and wastes so much time that these strategies feel like a necessity then he needs adjustments to his stats and patterns.
    The boss itself has A LOT of health so it doesn't really matter too much. Only speeds things up a little. They did some stat changes to the raid though once it hit live.
  • ZuzukZuzuk
    Vindictus Rep: 1,690
    stats? what are the stats on that thing?
    like how much def
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Zuzuk wrote: »
    stats? what are the stats on that thing?
    like how much def

That I don't know because I don't look into the numbers honestly. I can at least tell you the crit cap for the most part is 155 I think. But if I had to take a wild guess I would say about a little more than your average S3 boss.
  • QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    Vindictus Rep: 4,960
    Thank you for posting this guide :-)
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Anytime c: more guides to come as we receive more raids.
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    edited July 27, 2017
    Bumping because this is now relevant. For post-Rise, the required number of bombs to disable Dullahan's shield scales perfectly with the number of players in your party.

As a suggestion to quickly remove the shield - when Dullahan is bonding with her soul, everyone will have time to quickly grab a bomb (if needed) and stack up on top of each other a ways behind Dullahan, and then time the throw to land as Dullahan turns to face one of you. The distance between you and Dullahan's back should be about the distance between the bomb spawn point and the center of the arena. With enough practice you will be able to disable the shield right after it forms (obviously easier in solo mode since you only require one bomb to land).
  • RaijinnRaijinn
    Vindictus Rep: 1,490
    Crit cap is 155, and his defense is 18.5k, making our ATT Cap on him 28.5k.
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Order5 wrote: »
    Bumping because this is now relevant. For post-Rise, the required number of bombs to disable Dullahan's shield scales perfectly with the number of players in your party.

As a suggestion to quickly remove the shield - when Dullahan is bonding with her soul, everyone will have time to quickly grab a bomb (if needed) and stack up on top of each other a ways behind Dullahan, and then time the throw to land as Dullahan turns to face one of you. The distance between you and Dullahan's back should be about the distance between the bomb spawn point and the center of the arena. With enough practice you will be able to disable the shield right after it forms (obviously easier in solo mode since you only require one bomb to land).

Pretty much. Unless you turn into Midorima from Kuroko no Basuke and shoot half court threes (I do this like...50% of the time because what is patience) and land those throws xD