[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

The update killed what I played vindictus for.

Comments

• TrueAngelBloodTrueAngelBlood
    Vindictus Rep: 530
    Dunno. I decided to return today, and the update made just want to log right back out honestly. So I agree.
    daws360
  • AngelYukkiAngelYukki
    Vindictus Rep: 2,300
    Oldschool MMO life.
    Innovation is the only way an MMO can continue to survive as other MMOs are developing and becoming more creative.
    Though, this isn't to say that games must continue to innovate to survive - some games are able to stay the way they are and be fine.
    Vindictus was probably not one of those games though, so the director took a risk with it and it failed.

Nothing you can really do. Just move on to a new game if you don't find enjoyment in it anymore.
  • GewelliriousGewellirious
    Vindictus Rep: 2,945
    AngelYukki wrote: »
    Vindictus was probably not one of those games though, so the director took a risk with it and it failed.

You cannot make a game that was combat-action centered, and then, with a TRASH update like this one, make it on par with any cliché MMO. (stats stats stats stats)
    Again, we all know he didn't really failed, everyone is so "angery", yet barely anyone really did quit.

HEHE

I absolutely agree with last sentence tho, fighting for an eastern game as a western player is completely obsolete, I suggest to not waste time, sadly.
  • DrachusDrachus
    Vindictus Rep: 1,880

You cannot make a game that was combat-action centered, and then, with a TRASH update like this one, make it on par with any cliché MMO. (stats stats stats stats)

I agree on this. But this isn't where the game started to lose it's "skill-side". Since you're on EU like me I can use this as an example. The game started being more relied on stats ever since att limit stat was introduced. It could already make significant difference between skill and gear. Now, I'm not saying that there should be no gear depending at all in PvE, but the difference shouldn't be that big. Next thing is... Transfering from XE to Premiere and oh man did this kill the mood for me. I'd rather stick all those bugs from XE just to keep the combo system. With it you could easily out damage even people who had better gear with you if you preformed better than them. There was something that'd make you to try harder because you'd be losing damage if you were to make mistakes. I'm sure the developers realized along the way that keeping the Combo System and att limit would result in unreal advantages of XE compared to Premiere. Besides maintaining two versions of the game, I'm sure that this was a big factor in their decisions to transfer us from XE to Premiere.
  • KiyoujiPandaKiyoujiPanda
    Vindictus Rep: 720
    Maybe find a new goal, I've been playing for about 6 years but I didn't make hero mode and oaths a goal to keep coming back to the game, my goal deals with new characters or leveling up characters and having fun with what the updates come out with. I used to play because of the storyline, but since I haven't been interested in season 3 storyline, I no longer pay attention to the storyline and can't really explain what's going on in the storyline now.
    Yes, hero mode was fun but it's not up to Nexon NA, if you really want to ask questions about why Nexon removed hero mode and oaths, go make a form on the Korean forums, I'm sure you could use google translate to help out with translating the language so that you can read it and see what answers you get.

As for the response to the GM, you were caught being rude to someone else just because you could, that doesn't make it right either way, sure the guy shouldn't have been rude in the first place but they are just words, why give them meaning if you can't tell if the person is “trolling” or just giving their opinion? If you don't give words a meaning, they mean less and a person doesn't get as mad over it, or just take what someone says with a grain of salt and move on.

I still think you should find a new goal to go after, either way though, good luck in whatever you decide. ^.^
  • KprimeKprime
    Vindictus Rep: 440
    Games Dead >.< but ima log in for this update thoooooooo XP
    KuraiHotarudaws360
  • KuraiHotaruKuraiHotaru
    Vindictus Rep: 1,435
    Kprime wrote: »
    Games Dead >.< but ima log in for this update thoooooooo XP

Same here, last time I checked the game was about 4weeks ago or so after 3months break, played one dungeon with old friends and logged out cause the lag was insane, hopefully I'll get a prettier experience this time around.
    daws360
  • IbNoobIbNoob
    Vindictus Rep: 1,055
    Bowner wrote: »
    Aquasol wrote: »
    Removing content that increases replayability and spending power of users doesn't keep a game alive. It kills it.

While I understand there's a lot of tension and frustration, please do not take it out on other members. And while the team appreciates feedback, try to keep it constructive, rather than attacking and leaving insults.

i do agree a little on what he saying, putting a limit on amount of runs you can do on dungeons (not bosses) is a bad idea. i dont know how long you played this for but i been around since the start and they used to have limits on boat runs, i think it was 3 a day then you had to buy tickets to keep running, well that lasted like a month and they completely removed it.
    also trying to farm things which requires spear killing is impossible now. took me 6 spears to kill 1 vampire. i have to kill 500 vampires, you see where i am going with this, also removing farming items like leather sheathes and replacing it with mission items is also a rubbish idea, all that is doing is removing farming which is what this game is all about.

remember the NX we got when we changed over from that all them nx coins .. And also it was fun just before reset everyone would help out by giving away daily coins to use them before you lose them
  • NiNikiaNiNikia
    Vindictus Rep: 410
    I did enjoy doing the dailies and the missions, to waste time during a boring day, and it was one of my favorite things to do. Now that Rise has come out, I'm literally just doing the Today items to get mats to increase my Armour Crafting skill, but it's not as enjoyable as it was in the past.
  • FlameSama1FlameSama1
    Vindictus Rep: 1,960
    Yeah it's not too often you hear of games getting updates that REMOVE a ton of content and replace it with...nothing. But that's okay, AFK EVENTS! That's almost the same thing as a fun game.
    daws360
  • AngelYukkiAngelYukki
    edited July 26, 2017
    Yes, I agree that some of the decisions that were made were very questionable, but his decision - any decision any game makes - is a risk in itself.
    Even if it was a trash update that failed miserably, it was still a risk - a bad one nonetheless.

Perhaps he wanted to gamble on the pay2win aspects that Korean gamers seem to like, or perhaps he didn't see any possibility of saving the game, and decided to milk off remaining profits.
    The first, the risk being the nature of Korean gamers, while the latter is the risk on the success of the future of the game.
  • FranBunnyFFXIIFranBunnyFFXII
    Vindictus Rep: 1,700
    Maybe find a new goal, I've been playing for about 6 years but I didn't make hero mode and oaths a goal to keep coming back to the game, my goal deals with new characters or leveling up characters and having fun with what the updates come out with. I used to play because of the storyline, but since I haven't been interested in season 3 storyline, I no longer pay attention to the storyline and can't really explain what's going on in the storyline now.
    Yes, hero mode was fun but it's not up to Nexon NA, if you really want to ask questions about why Nexon removed hero mode and oaths, go make a form on the Korean forums, I'm sure you could use google translate to help out with translating the language so that you can read it and see what answers you get.

As for the response to the GM, you were caught being rude to someone else just because you could, that doesn't make it right either way, sure the guy shouldn't have been rude in the first place but they are just words, why give them meaning if you can't tell if the person is “trolling” or just giving their opinion? If you don't give words a meaning, they mean less and a person doesn't get as mad over it, or just take what someone says with a grain of salt and move on.

I still think you should find a new goal to go after, either way though, good luck in whatever you decide. ^.^

No thanks.
    I already had something fun to do, and something i liked doing. It wasn't about goals. It was about fun and liking something.
    And Make a new goal? Like what? Oh I know, I'll go play another game instead, and not spend my money here anymore.
    If your game isnt fun anymore, I dont play it and i dont give you money.
    This game isnt entitled to anything I have.
    I'll just go play something else, like Quake, or WildStar, or Dota2 or any other hundreds of games that consistently keep being interesting.
    That's the nature of the market.
    In a sea of choices, if you remove people's interests, they leave. They don't spend anymore money on your game, and you lose those players.

Also "caught being rude" Excuse me but don't interject. It's not your place, and people were instigating. Stay out of it.
    Zaeadrasdaws360
  • RizzleRizzle
    Vindictus Rep: 1,860
    edited July 27, 2017
    Is this the "I quit" thread? Cool. Same here. I'll log on one last time to destroy everything on my account via ferghus and delete my characters. No. Nobody is getting my stuff. Its all going to hell, along with this game, and the embarassment of actually having NX. At least when 90 came out it revived a few peeps. Every update so far and content release has manged to bring a few old players back. And bring some new players. But this, is just boredom. A brand new content release and I could fall asleep ten minutes into it.
    daws360
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Rizzle wrote: »
    Is this the "I quit" thread? Cool. Same here. I'll log on one last time to destroy everything on my account via ferghus and delete my characters. No. Nobody is getting my stuff. Its all going to hell, along with this game, and the embarassment of actually having NX. At least when 90 came out it revived a few peeps. Every update so far and content release has manged to bring a few old players back. And bring some new players. But this, is just boredom. A brand new content release and I could fall asleep ten minutes into it.

Got that bad, eh? I know you said the other day you'd at least hold on to your stuff and see if the DoL ever gets his mind right or gets fired.
  • RizzleRizzle
    Vindictus Rep: 1,860
    edited July 27, 2017

Got that bad, eh? I know you said the other day you'd at least hold on to your stuff and see if the DoL ever gets his mind right or gets fired.

Yes. I know. But in the words of the immortal Sweet Brown- "AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FOR THAT!"

And my hanging on here, waiting for Nexon, Devcat, All persons involved to get things straight, is just delaying me from enjoying other things in life. Other games. The new changes are good, i guess. But lets face it - these are changes they should have made in 2015. And since 2015 I've been playing other games that have these changes and more already in place. Games that have cheat detection that works(Nexon's still doesn't), and doesn't gobble up resources like Chrome on crack. But they'll protect their BlackCipher at any cost(welcome to 4 man raids.) Games that move faster, have higher detailed graphics, smoother gameplay. Will I waste another 2 years, logging in mostly for afk events, while I'm forced to watch this game sink even deeper into depravity? No.

I want a game thats actually interesting enough to play. Vindictus has been failing at this for years. Nexon has been failing at this for years. Icarus was barely a spatter in the pan before it became a flop. Dragon's Nest was so mismanaged they ended up dropping it to be picked up by another company. I'll waste no further time here.
    GewelliriousKuraiHotaruPrototypemindKayoAemskeydaws360
  • AngelYukkiAngelYukki
    I'll waste no further time here.
    >Continues to post on forums despite finding better games tho ;)
    Goodbye though
  • RaptorBugRaptorBug
    Vindictus Rep: 1,060
    edited July 28, 2017
    Yep game is pretty boring now
    daws360
  • BountyBounty
    Vindictus Rep: 1,140
    Oldschool MMO life.
    Innovation is the only way an MMO can continue to survive as other MMOs are developing and becoming more creative.
    Though, this isn't to say that games must continue to innovate to survive - some games are able to stay the way they are and be fine.

Nothing you can really do. Just move on to a new game if you don't find enjoyment in it anymore.

problem w/ this is they made it less innovative by making things like their pot system just like every other pot system out there as an example. ._.
    daws360
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    I'll waste no further time here.
    >Continues to post on forums despite finding better games tho ;)
    Goodbye though

Eh, I hardly play now and I still post some. There are even rage quitters that still post, doesn't mean they actively play. MMOs are about community, and people still enjoy talking to the people who are a part of the community they've been a part of through the game.
    GewelliriousKuraiHotaruTrueAngelBlooddaws360