[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

The update killed what I played vindictus for.

FranBunnyFFXIIFranBunnyFFXII
Vindictus Rep: 1,700
in General Discussion
I've played vindi for years as a log in, smash and grab game, where I'd log in, load up dailies with a challenge(Oath) and hero mode, and either go without armor running around in my lingerie, or doing whatever in a pair of bunny ears. I'd buy outfits and stuff to wear what i wanted to wear when hackin and slashing.
But now, both hero mode and the Oaths gone. poof, gone.
I didnt ever really follow the story, cause I didn't care. I justed wanted a bloody brawler dungeon crawler with some fun combat.
Oaths+Hero mode was perfect.
Now it's all gone.
Practically everything I played this game for was removed from the game.
Why the hell would they do this? Why would they remove content from the game?
who was hero mode and Oaths hurting?

The game used to have tons of completionist content, now it's all gone.
What the hell man? I've been playing this game for almost 7 years, and been doing the same things for almost as long with hundreds of dollars dropped into the game, and now everything I played the game for is gone.
ZaeadrasKayoAemskeyHerucrossNovuQuinqueGewelliriousTroyLazutSaphreeRaptorBugand 1 other.

Comments

• AimAndKillAimAndKill
    Vindictus Rep: 1,590
    Hero mode now 90+
    KiyoujiPanda
  • SrWurmSrWurm
    Vindictus Rep: 345
    bye
    KiyoujiPanda
  • FranBunnyFFXIIFranBunnyFFXII
    SrWurm wrote: »
    bye

Yeah real helpful comment. That's real nice.
    ZaeadrasjjXHerucrossSaphreemyrngsucksdaws360
  • UsagiiiKunUsagiiiKun
    Vindictus Rep: 1,855
    Are you literally complaining that hero mode is too hard/too high lvl for you to go in with no armour?
    tumblr_inline_nt7f0pI44V1r6nvbk_500.gif
    PhoebeHalliwelKiyoujiPanda
  • BeepBeepImAJeepBeepBeepImAJeep
    Vindictus Rep: 1,150
    So you think opening a thread and complaining about it, will change something?
  • VallestiVallesti
    Vindictus Rep: 1,120
    Other than getting a little extra AP, I don't see how grinding old content on hero mode and getting more useless drops fun at all.
    FlufffyParrotDokkun
  • KenshinXKenshinX
    Vindictus Rep: 1,870
    edited July 23, 2017
    Come on now, I can't imagine anyone only playing hero mode dailies for 7 years.
    FlufffyParrotDokkundaws360
  • EnigmaTaroEnigmaTaro
    Vindictus Rep: 3,815
    edited July 23, 2017
    there's neamhain solo if you want the experience nice challenge.
    JeyemFlufffyParrotQuinque
    UsagiiiKun wrote: »
    Are you literally complaining that hero mode is too hard/too high lvl for you to go in with no armour?
    tumblr_inline_nt7f0pI44V1r6nvbk_500.gif

No.
    Read the post.

I'm saying all I did was play hero mode with modifiers and thats what was fun. Now the game doesn't let me do that with old content.
    KenshinX wrote: »

That's pretty much what I did.
    I'd do the quests to get the new maps and play the AP dailies and dungeons in hero mode and complete every challenge for the AP until the maps were drained completely of AP.
    Herucross
  • jjXjjX
    Vindictus Rep: 1,475
    edited July 23, 2017
    KenshinX wrote: »

Sup. We exist. Obviously we talk/play the least, so I'm not surprised we got shafted in the update.
    ZaeadrasSaphreedaws360
  • RachnaelRachnael
    Vindictus Rep: 820
    some people were in middle of making hero mode titles... e.e
    ZaeadrasSaphreedaws360
  • SrWurmSrWurm
    Vindictus Rep: 345
    bye

Yeah real helpful comment. That's real nice.

People who dont stop complaining about changes that are going to keep the game alive a bit more dont deserve more
    KiyoujiPanda
  • PhoebeHalliwelPhoebeHalliwel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,720

People who dont stop complaining about changes that are going to keep the game alive a bit more dont deserve more
    Mmh..
    de94e7028d27f4be71446a5b939c881e.gif
    UsagiiiKunHerucross

Mmh..
    de94e7028d27f4be71446a5b939c881e.gif

Removing content that increases replayability and spending power of users doesn't keep a game alive. It kills it.
    ZaeadrasSaphreedaws360
  • AquasolAquasol
    Vindictus Rep: 2,650
    Removing content that increases replayability and spending power of users doesn't keep a game alive. It kills it.

While I understand there's a lot of tension and frustration, please do not take it out on other members. And while the team appreciates feedback, try to keep it constructive, rather than attacking and leaving insults.
    KiyoujiPandaRaptorBug
  • NuclearChickenNuclearChicken
    Vindictus Rep: 1,385
    Vallesti wrote: »
    Other than getting a little extra AP, I don't see how grinding old content on hero mode and getting more useless drops fun at all.

Well, theres low lvl bosses that are preety fun to fight if they last a while and do good dmg to you. I mean theres einlacher now, but I guess its not the same since you cant go with friends and screw around (theres still some people that do that for fun and not just money)

I mean, I dont care that much about removing hero on low lvl content myself but I dont see ONE good reason why they would remove it, so theres no reason to defend it
    Zaeadras
    Aquasol wrote: »

While I understand there's a lot of tension and frustration, please do not take it out on other members. And while the team appreciates feedback, try to keep it constructive, rather than attacking and leaving insults.

There was no reasont o remove my entire posts explaining these concepts. You could have very well just made some edits.
    And I'm not "taking it out" on other memembers. They posted rude and crude comments, and they get exactly what they deserve in return. If you treat people like crap, expect them to throw the heat you give them back.

Don't target me when you know very well they instigated with trolling/toxic behavior.
    If you're going to enforce moderator intentions, then treat people equally in that sense. Do not punish just the people who strike back at the people who started the fight in the first place.
    I will explain this to you myself as a Moderator who manages a community, has been a official mod for a GPotato game, the best thing you can do as a moderator is to NOT irritate the people who are lashed out at by people who instigate. Your community fairs far better by dealing Instigators first, and not the people lashing.
    Instigators are FAR WORSE of a problem than people who retaliate.
    Many moderators never learn the fact that once you remove all the retalitors you end up with nothing but instigators and an incredibly toxic and hostile forum user base that eventually prevents discussion from ever taking place.

And to talk towards your post yourself, You don't see it from my point of view, so ofc you dont' see how. Because you don't want to see how it's fun and interesting.
    Think about it for a minute.

If someone has been playing the stuff for 7 years, obviously there's something interesting about it. It's about replayability, access, Quick match ups and goofing around. Replayability is actually something that games are rated on, their value is weighted by it. So don't act like it's mysterious and pointless.

If it kept someone like myself around for 7 years, and spending money, then it obviously wasn't just worthless.
    It obviously meant something, and there was no legitimate reason to remove it. It just degrades the quality of the game.

As I explained in my previously(and unwarrantedly) removed posted, Completionist content and Replayability are critical part of developing a player base that stays longer, and has something to do.
    You may not have liked doing that, but some people did, and you are not the only person that spends money in the game.
    What I was paying to get in the game that I was playing was hosted at no serious cost to the game, was already developed and increased the player base, but now that entire completionist and casual interest playerbase that often occupied such content now has nothing to do.
    There maybe a few hundred players who now have lost their content.
    MMORPGs are about casting a wider net, and appealing to a wider player base. And removing those players from your playerbase removes income, removes cash from your bottom line and could very well eliminate whales from your income.
    I was planning on spending about 120$ on some outfits, but now that all of the content that I used to run is completely removed from the game, I have no reason to buy.
    What exacly did Oaths and hero/veteran modes do to keep new players from getting into the game?
    Absolutely nothing. The setups automatically selected the basic modes for players and most of them just shot up the leveling process with tons of quests and exp and no one else cared.
    But what did the Oahths and vet/hero modes do? It brought old players back to old content, and gave them something extra to do. filling out those point bars, and diffuculities and special quests on all modes.
    Some people love doing that kind of stuff. Such as myself.
    Some people like to have some fun handicaps that reward them for old content that they'd otherwise never see.

It kept me coming back to this game for 7 years and spending money and planning on spending even more. Obviously there's something interesting about it, that while you might not understand, some people do.
    Just like how some people like vindictus, but don't like WoW or TERA.
    It's content preference.
    And now people such as myself who loved vindi for it's fun completionist casual challenge content, have nothing to play anymore because the game that offered it just removed it.
    DemonChildQuinquedazedgumballTamagoDrachusPixelPantsuZaeadrasSaphreeThe_VillainJinyieand 1 other.
    You know what the worst part of this is really? I just got my friend into this game. after YEARS of trying to get someone to play this game with me that i know on real life. They finally sit down and install it and going to play it with me...

And then this happens.

This is like a kick in the balls when someone already punched me in the face.
    This is the kind of coincidental crap that happens that makes me want to just throw my computer in the trash, and find something else to do with my life, away from a computer screen.
    QuinqueSkieghdaws360
  • BownerBowner
    Vindictus Rep: 1,775

i do agree a little on what he saying, putting a limit on amount of runs you can do on dungeons (not bosses) is a bad idea. i dont know how long you played this for but i been around since the start and they used to have limits on boat runs, i think it was 3 a day then you had to buy tickets to keep running, well that lasted like a month and they completely removed it.
    also trying to farm things which requires spear killing is impossible now. took me 6 spears to kill 1 vampire. i have to kill 500 vampires, you see where i am going with this, also removing farming items like leather sheathes and replacing it with mission items is also a rubbish idea, all that is doing is removing farming which is what this game is all about.
    RaptorBugclickhere
    Bowner wrote: »

i do agree a little on what he saying, putting a limit on amount of runs you can do on dungeons (not bosses) is a bad idea. i dont know how long you played this for but i been around since the start and they used to have limits on boat runs, i think it was 3 a day then you had to buy tickets to keep running, well that lasted like a month and they completely removed it.
    also trying to farm things which requires spear killing is impossible now. took me 6 spears to kill 1 vampire. i have to kill 500 vampires, you see where i am going with this, also removing farming items like leather sheathes and replacing it with mission items is also a rubbish idea, all that is doing is removing farming which is what this game is all about.

Oh my god the limited boat runs beyond Perilous ruins was so dumb. I remember when they did the free boat weekends, and it was so successful that the patch let the boats become unlimited.

Man that brings back some memories.
    My hair and eyes were brown back then.
    They didnt have body adjustment sliders. Every Fio looked almost the same except for hair colors. There werent any costumes, only armor fusions.
    Oldschool MMO life.
    Zaeadrasdaws360