[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Randomly banned?

HairDryerHairDryer
Vindictus Rep: 770
in General Discussion
Hey so, I was just randomly doing Abomination with some people off Quick Battle, part of the way through the fight I was disconnected from the game, only to my sorrows on trying to relog in I was greeted with a message saying that my account was restricted according to polices, submit a ticket (which I have) and such. Rather upset with this turn of events as I'm a 4-year veteran and I've spent quite a lot of money on this game because I enjoy it, as anyone else had this happen perhaps? I hardly talk to people, I don't troll or do anything that breaks the rules ):

Comments

• TamagoTamago
    Vindictus Rep: 5,460
    It's happened to a lot of people. You can blame BlackCipher.
  • EbonwingsEbonwings
    Vindictus Rep: 1,790
    Word of advice:

If you have something (like another game) running while Vindi's running, BlackCipher will go full derp.

Best thing to do is to run Vindi all by itself (with whatever browser you use). BlackCipher doesn't like when other games are running. Seriously.
  • HairDryerHairDryer
    Ah that could be why, I was playing another game while waiting for the prompts from QB. good advice my friend
  • CloakshireCloakshire
    Vindictus Rep: 4,580
    edited July 16, 2017
    I sometimes run Vindictus alongside Runes of Magic, or Planetside 2. Rarely will I run all 3 at once, but I've done so in the past. Never had an issue with BlackCipher. I've also run vindictus alongside Touhou Project, Team Fortress 2, and Cloud Pirates. Dunno why ya'll are having issues.

No issues with Bandicam, OBS, VideoPad, Audacity, Chrome, Discord. These are common "non game" programs you can find me running alongside Vin & still no issue. Guess I'm lucky?
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    @cloakshire Yes, you're lucky. Both Vindi & Blade and Soul are titles known for bad false positives with their "anti-cheat" programs. I put that in quotes because both have histories of other issues, and are rather ham-handed in what they do. There isn't a shortage of threads like this because of how the program works, there are issues a plenty. It's one of the reasons I became hesitant about spending, several high profile perma bans with support telling players there's a one time pass for mistaken banning but after that you're gone no matter what.

I don't mind tossing time at a title that might see you gone any day, but money isn't something I'd waste.
  • SuhpremeSuhpreme
    Vindictus Rep: 3,935
    edited July 16, 2017
    boo4u wrote: »
    Ebonwings wrote: »
    Word of advice:

If you have something (like another game) running while Vindi's running, BlackCipher will go full derp.

Best thing to do is to run Vindi all by itself (with whatever browser you use). BlackCipher doesn't like when other games are running. Seriously.

Don't listen to this guy when I ran 2-3 games at the same time with Vindictus running in the background.
    No ban

i guess it's to be safe, if you see urself playing vindi in the future might as well be safe about it. that would suck ass if u dropped tons of money and sinked a bunch of time into the game only to lose all of it just because the anti-cheat program is ass

i actually got kicked off earlier today getting an error message of "unauthorized program detected" when all i had on was vindictus and google chrome. maybe switching between windows triggered the sht or somthing lmao
  • iMiniiMini
    Vindictus Rep: 2,065
    What was the exact message might I ask?
    My account had been restricted before, but it was deactivated for some reason.
    I sent in a ticket and got my account reactivated the next day.

If the message you got wasn't like the one in the picture below, it shouldn't be a ban.
    l4EUj8d.png
  • EbonwingsEbonwings
    Vindictus Rep: 1,790
    boo4u wrote: »
    Ebonwings wrote: »
    Word of advice:

Don't listen to this guy when I ran 2-3 games at the same time with Vindictus running in the background.
    No ban

I'd advise you to check the Archives before spouting nonsense.

One of the triggers for BlackCipher is a game called Tales of Berseria. A good amount of people were wrongfully banned from having that game and Vindi open. And as said in this topic, other games can cause BlackCipher to wig out for absolutely no reason.

Count yourself amongst the lucky ones, but don't spread false information.
  • HairDryerHairDryer
    Hey everyone thanks for the comments and advice's. it's probably safe to assume that I should just play the game however I feel safe from now on and such.
    My account was restored and unbanned (As for iMini's comment, yes that was the message I had received telling me I was perm banned [Also within 24hrs of my ticket])
    Game I was running in question was Legacy of the Duelist, for a heads up to anyone else who might be playing it.
  • ZuzukZuzuk
    Vindictus Rep: 1,690
    still, BlackCipher does crashes lots when having other programs open. But i do found out another problem, it was like 8 days ago, my pc was kinda laggy so i decided to use ctrl+alt+supr to end pretty much everything i was running, before my Vindictus closed up, i got a "unauthorized program detected, you will be removed from game" message D:!!.
    Seems like yo ucan trigger that when closing something, i would like to know what...