[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

So who wants a RollBack?

MokutonMokuton
Vindictus Rep: 1,700
in General Discussion
Things could always be worse. If we don't speak up now, it'll never get better.
BladeNsoulZaeadras
  1. Would you be in favor of a Server Rollback?134 votes
    1. No thanks; Rise Update was a much needed change and improvement.
       32% (43 votes)
    2. 100% ABSOLUTELY YES!
       26% (35 votes)
    3. Maybe Rollback one of the servers: East or West and let players pick where they want to go
       1% (2 votes)
    4. Just make bosses challenging again, remove LV 90 REQ for Hero, and restore Assist Function
       40% (54 votes)

Comments

• TwilightSparkleTwilightSparkle
    Vindictus Rep: 2,440
    MMiiJNK.png

rise update made a lot of things worth a looooot less so people can get them but umm it sorta ruined a lot of money making too x.x its really hard to make monies at all unless u have nx airtights or lucky in abom ess
    QuinqueBabyDaniSaintGuinness2edgy4uTroyZaeadrasMoistyPickles
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    A rollback to pre-Rise? It would be nice. Really they just need to remove the garbage parts of the update, but the DOL has to be right even if he's wrong and Nexon's sticking with him so we're stuck as well.
    Order5
  • EbonwingsEbonwings
    Vindictus Rep: 1,790
    Not a COMPLETE rollback.

RISE gave us new scrolls that're good substitutes for the nuclear r7s (Petite to Subdued and Sparkling to The Dead, for example). We also got the much needed "No booms for r8 and below" update.

However, the three major things that I've seen universally agreed upon ruined the game could use a serious rollback: +20 (the F*** were they thinking), raids (while stability is nice, I kinda miss the 8-man aspect. Also not a fan of major steamrolling, either), and Add. DMG.

Seriously, in all honesty, the previous two could stay if the AD were reverted back to normal. It is INFURIATING when you're on your A game, dodging and attacking, making the most out of your character's abilities, and yet you only end up with about 10-12% because your AD is trash; meanwhile, some nubcake who facetanks everything and kisses concrete 75% of the raid gets that 40+% because he has a +15.
    Dokkun7thRoninBladeNsoulZaeadrasKayoAemskey
  • FlameSama1FlameSama1
    Vindictus Rep: 1,960
    Add Macha, Hard, Hero, and Lab back, at the very least.
    BladeNsoulSkiegh
  • JynXiJynXi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,025
    " Just make bosses challenging again, remove LV 90 REQ for Hero, and restore Assist Function"

Uh what?

Anyway, for me no really rollback needed. Since this stuff 'has to be implanted' for future content.
    Tho what I'd like to see, is abit more 8 man raids now, cuz 4 man is pretty boring.
    You end up doing 50%+ easily if the party sucks a lil bit already.
    BladeNsoul
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    By all means it would be easier AND better to simply change things that are flaw to Rise update, rather than "rollback".
    BladeNsoulZaeadras
  • RobertLiviaRobertLivia
    Vindictus Rep: 2,905
    Rollback to season 1 !

''She promised us paradise... we exist in hell''
    BabyDaniSaintGuinnessZiggyStardustLazutBladeNsoulZaeadrasKingRichRice
  • TamagoTamago
    Vindictus Rep: 5,460
    Bring back the equips that were removed and some of the ES.
    SlothPrincessDokkunNoburoZaeadras
  • PuppymanPuppyman
    Vindictus Rep: 3,055
    edited July 16, 2017
    Ah jeez, finally easy to acquire decent stats and now people want to go back.
    I'd rather they fix and attune things then dare ruin everything with a massive bound to fail rollback
    BladeNsoul
  • SaintGuinnessSaintGuinness
    Vindictus Rep: 1,730
    A lot of the changes were nice but they clearly made a decision to make the game simple... way too simple. It's not just that they made the bosses weaker or made us way too overpowered with AD. It's that they change the game mechanics of many of the bosses, removing things that use to be a challenge for any character at any level. For example, Glas doesn't grab anymore. Lionotus no longer shoots those black spheres. Titan no longer stuns you. There's only one spider now in Nightmare and many other little changes that take the strategy portion out of the game. Also, the changes remove the need for cooperative play. We use to need a plan and teamwork to beat these bosses. Now, we just have to face tank naked and watch the boss die in under 3 mins. I'm glad I learn to play the game before they nerf everything. I really don't know how newer players will develop the skill without a decent challenge.
    EngelWiIliam
  • NuclearChickenNuclearChicken
    Vindictus Rep: 1,385
    I just wish there was hero mode for normal dungeons and not just raids.... And the att speed of bosses change like before on hero mode, dunno why they forgot about that
    BladeNsoul
  • MyDeliaMyDelia
    Vindictus Rep: 655
    edited July 17, 2017
    I like the 4 man raids.
    I like the quality of life stuff.

What I won't stand for is the damage determining drop rate, the RNG aspect of the gear progression, the ez-mode they made most of the game, the pay2win aspect of the game, the additional damage changes, the content locked behind stats, the money grubbing, and the management of the game by Nexon NA.

Make gear progression worthwhile to play for but fully obtainable without a great deal of RNG.
    Make all of the bosses even harder than they are now with more varied movesets.
    FloatnhiBladeNsoul
  • gogoshicagogoshica
    Vindictus Rep: 500
    "make bosses challenging again............restore assist mode"

Vindi players don't even know what they want,proved once again.Haha
    BladeNsoul
  • ZuzukZuzuk
    Vindictus Rep: 1,690
    +20 and ADD dmg needs to go, also lv 90 """ex raids"" are the old easy mode ones, yeah they stupid easy, but hey, thats why they have hero mode now.
  • WiIliamWiIliam
    Vindictus Rep: 935
    edited July 19, 2017
    gogoshica wrote: »
    "make bosses challenging again............restore assist mode"

Vindi players don't even know what they want,proved once again.Haha

Assist was a really good option back in the day, since it actually gave people incentive to add friends and join guilds. When bosses wiped out entire 8 man raids, one of your friends could just select "assist", join the battle, and revive everyone with a party feather. But it's not needed now because game-play has become so simple that an 8 year old could probably just solo everything and reach 90. The game used to be really fun, but now it's a complete joke.
    A lot of the changes were nice but they clearly made a decision to make the game simple... way too simple. It's not just that they made the bosses weaker or made us way too overpowered with AD. It's that they change the game mechanics of many of the bosses, removing things that use to be a challenge for any character at any level. For example, Glas doesn't grab anymore. Lionotus no longer shoots those black spheres. Titan no longer stuns you. There's only one spider now in Nightmare and many other little changes that take the strategy portion out of the game. Also, the changes remove the need for cooperative play. We use to need a plan and teamwork to beat these bosses. Now, we just have to face tank naked and watch the boss die in under 3 mins. I'm glad I learn to play the game before they nerf everything. I really don't know how newer players will develop the skill without a decent challenge.

Yup and their decision to simplify things has made people become less likely to socialize, form parties, or even work together as a team during boss fights.

We went from this:

To This:

Edit:

Or this:

• MyDeliaMyDelia
    Vindictus Rep: 655
    WiIliam wrote: »

It was the same back before Rise, even 3 years ago.
    You'd have 1-2 people carrying the raid and the rest of the team literally just running around and dying because they don't know how to play.

The difference now after Rise is that it's 4 people in a raid and the 4th player who gets the lowest damage basically gets nothing in terms of drops.
    So now it's 1 person carrying the raid and the other 3 just running around doing mostly nothing in general.

I say leave the 4 man raids.
    But make the raids harder.
    Just remove the last person getting **** for drops and remove most of the RNG in gear progression.

If you think the game is dead now wait until school starts again and the few constant players you get during summer disappear. lol
  • LedeLede
    Vindictus Rep: 300
    I'm satisfied with the rise update. Everything is much more convenient than before. I might quit if I have to face the old UI again. I like how S2 boss is relatively easier (but no you do not obviously one hit them I have high gear) and S3 is still difficult. Considering not many do forums out of all vindi players, the popularity who want a roll back is very small yet they are just very noisy. Casual players and Solo players who doesn't participate on forums are definitely more than number of people I see here often.
  • BeepBeepImAJeepBeepBeepImAJeep
    Vindictus Rep: 1,150
    edited July 20, 2017
    Lede wrote: »
    I'm satisfied with the rise update. Everything is much more convenient than before. I might quit if I have to face the old UI again. I like how S2 boss is relatively easier (but no you do not obviously one hit them I have high gear) and S3 is still difficult. Considering not many do forums out of all vindi players, the popularity who want a roll back is very small yet they are just very noisy. Casual players and Solo players who doesn't participate on forums are definitely more than number of people I see here often.

S3 bosses never were difficult... but considering how scarce is the scrolls droprate, i don't mind killing them faster.

The only thing that really irks me, is how unbalanced is the Add Dmg. There are other ways to make money through a game, but nexon choose the most unpleasant one.

The enhance rates are still low and unforgiving, any new player that doesn't have luck will either be forced to grind countless hours or pay real money to actually get decent endgame-gear.

The sole reason for which people are still playing vindi, is the gameplay it offers.

Give it a few years and as soon as a mmorpg with the same fast paced combat (but with a progression system that actually rewards time and effort) comes out, then vindictus's servers will get empty very fast.
    SaintGuinness
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    4 man could be done previously, and included scaling damage and even oaths to limit groups to 4 or 6 max for raids. It's more than frustrating to be on and have the few boats that pop get filled because there's now half the capacity of the old system. Megas are sparser than previously, channels have fewer players running around and most of those that are happen to be lower levels--so I guess DevCat got what they wanted there. Again, it costs far, far more to attract and keep new customers than it does to retain loyal ones, and the loyal ones are more likely to spend.

People can do what they feel is best. I don't see any reason to give money to a title that would intentionally alienate so much of its veteran player base, change the game so drastically that it goes from a challenge to easy mode, or one that on top of all its other issues has horribly coded "anti cheat" software that results in unwarranted bans. A bit of an aside in that last bit, but the overall direction of the game is not going to keep players coming back. New players are going to hit a ridiculous difficulty spike with S3 that they're unprepared for, and those who were used to a game that was actually social are going to move on.

Keeping some of the quality of life changes while returning 8-player modes and removing the additional damage revisions would be more than welcome, but considering that even well-known players and guilds quitting in KR has done nothing to make a change, I don't know what differences our voices will make. Still going to speak with my wallet, though.
  • ZeroheartZeroheart
    Vindictus Rep: 7,740
    I think people who enjoy the 4 man raids are forgetting what kind of game Vindictus is, it is an MMO not a coop but a massive multiplayer online game. It really feels alive when you tackle Raid bosses with a large group, you say only one person carries but a team who supports each other does finish faster. Some players have buff skills (Kai's crossgun hunting party, Sylas circles, Fiona aggro, Karoks boss grapple and Evie support, and the little use but the attack buff that almost everyone has) also some player require more ppl to pull of the skills like Arisha ressonance that takes for ever to charge needs someone to aggro or hold boss down. Not to mention Delia Supernova attack that can be combo with Karok boss grapple. Also this being a MMO, we have guilds to join, why have a 200+ member guild if only 4 ppl can join a raid. I understand if someone can't host 8 ppl raid are feeling that bad and get insulted but either warn people on the boat that it might lag or have someone else host it. There was nothing stopping anyone from hosting max ppl (unless it was QB) if you were part of a guild someone will be nice enough to help you. But being a solo or loner player who refuse to even say Hello on a boat does not make the game more fun, it is the social aspect.
    VladinoPrototypemindMintchiZaeadrasiMini