[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Petition To Bring Back Features (Game is Boring)

RyuTheGreatRyuTheGreat
Vindictus Rep: 845
in Suggestions and Feedback
Man, I've been playing this game since open Beta and it's appalling how easy the game is now (especially S1 and S2). I understand that the game's population is dwindling in numbers because the game was "too hard" for newcomers to get into but that's a BS reason. We already had something called easy mode before the Rise patch and people could just breeze through the game on that difficulty. Also, the fact that Nexon got rid of 8-man raids isn't a smart one because players had a "CHOICE" to choose whether they wanted to run a 4-man, 6-man, or 8-man raid. 4-man raids are just not as exciting. Additionally, the additional damage is one of the worst changes in the game because the amount of damage you can do between +10 and +20 is ridiculous...at least temper the additional damage to only increase by +100 and not by +5000 by the end. The skill factor in the game is pretty much gone if this stays into effect. I am proposing that the developers make the following changes that would help the community:

1.) Bring back 8-man raids with hard mode and bring back easy mode
2.) Make hero mode the same as it was pre-RISE
3.) Significantly temper the additional damage to +100 on weapons so that the gap between +10 to +20 isn't nearly as high
4.) Temper the additional damage on armor to just maybe +20 per +1 armor increase
5.) Bring back "how much % that you do in battle" (Certain battles like Redeemers don't show your damage anymore)

These were the main issues that bugged me the most but I know there were many other issues/bugs that came about with this patch. I know people don't want
+16-20's to be in existence but not sure if they will get rid of it now.

Please Nexon listen to your community. I think that you guys are falling into the same pitfall that the Halo Franchise and Diablo Franchise fell into...trying to cater to just one audience. Diablo and Halo used to be great Franchises but then they started to copy the mechanics of other games like Call of Duty and Warcraft. As a result, people don't play those games nearly as much as they used to and they are not nearly as popular because they didn't stick to their roots. Look at Counter Strike for example, the core mechanics of that game haven't change in a long time but it's massively popular. Obviously, you can't compare Counter-Strike to Vindictus but you get my general idea.
QuinqueAnnerMrGold
  1. Do you think these proposed changes would be helpful for both newcomers and older players?36 votes
    1. Yes
       72% (26 votes)
    2. No
       28% (10 votes)

Comments

• RyanReynoldsRyanReynolds
    Vindictus Rep: 1,795
    +1
    ++++++ Extra 20000000 for option to make 4 or 8 raid options.
  • JamesGrossJamesGross
    Vindictus Rep: 2,600
    original_345222_TiliEQlSutEprHbEEPaRVHB93.jpg
  • hornywatermelonhornywatermelon
    Vindictus Rep: 3,985
    No.
    Purgatore
  • JamesGrossJamesGross
    Vindictus Rep: 2,600
    No.

No one cares
    DemonChild
  • RyanReynoldsRyanReynolds
    Vindictus Rep: 1,795
    And the negativity cancer showed up.
    Quinque
  • KonchieKonchie
    Vindictus Rep: 300
    Yes.
  • dazedgumballdazedgumball
    Vindictus Rep: 7,725
    I'm down for it.
    Quinque
  • QuinqueQuinque
    Vindictus Rep: 1,805
    edited July 4, 2017
    Signed. The same director who brought us Redeemers' raid failed to realize people come back to this game because of challenge. The same person who brought us Ein Lacher but failed to solo Muir without getting hit on a Chinese player convention. He must have never played the game himself, that's why he can't get the satisfaction from beating someone with better stats. We are playing the game, not being played by the game. The ADD changes are taking away control from players, now the game is nothing but numbers generated by computers.
  • jeddyhijeddyhi
    Vindictus Rep: 1,880
    Wishful thinking. I just do not see it happening ever.
  • KingKarokKingKarok
    Vindictus Rep: 410
    edited July 4, 2017
    Raiding feels more lonely without 8 man +pain. 4 man raids are not worth having with these add damage changes. While there are many QOL changes that are great, a lot of these combat related changes kill the game for me and the combat is (soon to be was +cry) the main reason I played the game for so many years.
    We can only hope the director makes some changes or maybe the next director will make vindi great again but it will probably be too late by then T_T
    Quinque
  • elcausaelcausa
    Vindictus Rep: 1,240
    I came back just to sign on it but doubt it would ever happen
    Quinque
  • OkatsuOkatsu
    Vindictus Rep: 1,665
    edited July 4, 2017
    I agree with most of these changes, but:

A. I don't see the point in 8 man raids. Most people can't even host 7 other players but they're convinced it's the right thing to do since eight is the member cap. This just causes people with average - poor computers to lag like hell and makes the game unenjoyable for the host as well as all the players running under them.
    B. Easy mode should have never been a thing.
    C. The boost in add from enhancing armor shouldn't be removed. This at least gives players a chance to make up some add they've missed out on so that they can reach the effective damage they would've been outputting prior to rise. Also gives them a means of catching up to players who were luckier than them enhancing weapons prior to rise.

Changing the member cap to 4 man makes it easier to find players that can carry, and much easier to host. It also removes the need for easy mode. If you could explain what peoples' obsession with 8 man raids is and what they do to benefit the gameplay maybe I'd change my mind on this.
    I'd also like the enhance rates after +10 to be returned to normal. They decided to put so much emphasis on ADD with this update then, all of a sudden, they're going to make it impossible to enhance your weapons, leaving players who were less fortunate at a disadvantage? And this is all part of their master plan to keep players from being demoralized? There's a level of mental incapacity going on...
    Anner
  • AuntJEMIMAAAAuntJEMIMAAA
    Vindictus Rep: 735
    edited July 12, 2017
    You speak for the many that stayed silent. These are decent changes but I honestly think Vindi has run its course. Hopefully if some new people come in and Vindictus doesn't die, they'll enjoy the changes more than the previous generation did.

Best of luck.
  • AnnerAnner
    Vindictus Rep: 1,935
    Okatsu wrote: »
    I agree with most of these changes, but:

A. I don't see the point in 8 man raids. Most people can't even host 7 other players but they're convinced it's the right thing to do since eight is the member cap. This just causes people with average - poor computers to lag like hell and makes the game unenjoyable for the host as well as all the players running under them.

Changing the member cap to 4 man makes it easier to find players that can carry, and much easier to host. It also removes the need for easy mode. If you could explain what peoples' obsession with 8 man raids is and what they do to benefit the gameplay maybe I'd change my mind on this.

You've never really been a guild person, so this doesn't really affect you too much. People that run with medium or large guilds find themselves having to exclude more people than normal from raid trains. I'm fine if it doesn't go back to 8, but I don't really like 4.
    Okatsu
  • SlyGoatSlyGoat
    Vindictus Rep: 500
    edited July 4, 2017
    8 man raids have been dumb for a long time. It should be reserved for actual raid-like raid content. In the past you had bosses that actually took a team to take down and felt like epic fights that you'd want more players for, like Titan, Thor, Glas, dragons, etc. Raids became pretty much meaningless throughout Season 2 as the game's power creep had already turned everyone into a killing machine that could solo raids without much sweat as long as they were geared up. The bosses also became much less epic, with some "raid" bosses being just normal human looking enemies, some of whom were even normal human size (looking at you Iset). Now that raid bosses no longer feel epic and gear is more influential than ever, there's literally just no point in having 8-man raids. They would have to have special bosses that don't just have an attack cap but also a defense cap so that you can't just tank through their damage and make tons of mistakes without dying. But they'll probably never do that because it will devalue the pay to win aspect way too much.

I'm all for 8-man raids coming back if they implement new ones properly but it should not be the default for every 'raid' and I'm really glad they changed it. One of the best things about the patch TBH.

Edit: Hard and hero mode were also both pretty pointless alongside the other changes. Hard mode was just the default mode - nobody ever ran normal mode, it was pointless. If you really had trouble running a mission you would just do it on easy to clear it. Hard was barely harder, it was just "bonus drop mode". Hero mode didn't really make sense with the way drops were changed - previously it was primarily there for enchant scrolls, but now those just drop from bosses normally. I hope they bring back Hero mode on more fights with actual fitting difficulty and rewards, but right now it's fairly pointless. What I disagree with is making normal mode so easy for the vast majority of content as an excuse to remove easy mode. They should've just kept easy mode for people who couldn't clear content on normal and left normal mode with at least some challenge for players who want to actually play the game instead of just rush to 90.

You could also argue that they're effectively taking away drops by removing hard mode because now we all get normal mode amount of drops from bosses, but considering how radically drops were changed and how everything from S1 to S3 drops more frequently I'd say it's fine.
  • DawnmayrDawnmayr
    Vindictus Rep: 300
    Agree completely, brought a friend with me to play again after a long hiatus, and the game is just so pathetically easy he seems bored..until the dragon raids that are still listed as far lower level than can handle them.
  • MokutonMokuton
    Vindictus Rep: 1,700
    The game wasn't just too difficult for newcomers, they also could not find teams with anyone. There's just no incentive to help new players level up. Some newbies can be really shy and do not have enough communication skills to be able to make new friends or join helpful guilds. So most of them just quit because they couldn't find anyone to play with. Things may never return to what they once were. If Nexon doesn't listen, then we need to come together as a community and help each other out. It is crucial now more than ever because there have been a lot of major changes.

Vindictus is also requires a high performance computer. Not many people can afford to spend $800 or more for a gaming PC when they could buy a new console for half the price. There may be hope in brining in new players if Nexon chooses to invest in research and development, in order to find a way for the game to play cross platform with Microsoft XBOX One or Sony PS4.
  • The_VillainThe_Villain
    Vindictus Rep: 1,550
    Honestly, I have yet to see a single person say anything along the lines of "this game is too hard" (unless talking about enchant/enhancing/RNG based aspects) within the three years I've been playing this game so I can't see that as a reason why the "difficulty" of this game has been butchered and made over simplified as much as it has- especially when I've seen it being praised for it's difficulty and being the reason why people play it to begin with. Besides, that's how games and even life in general are supposed to go. Things get tougher and tougher the further you progress, not everything is meant to be easy or be handed to you.

----
    I personally liked all the difficulty settings the game originally had, as it was set up like most platform games..

Easy mode for when you either wanted to rush through a fight or couldn't handle it on any of the other settings

Normal mode for when you're actually trying to learn boss patterns or again with some sort of "difficulty" involved

Hard mode for when you wanted to take the training wheels off.

Hero for when you wanted a real challenge after making the boss your punching bag~
    ----

With that in mind, I say the difficulty settings should be re-worked and unlockable based on level:
    Normal- 1-49
    Hard- 50-79
    Hero- 80-90/95(when level cap is raised)

Doing it this way could also grant extra cores for each difficulty setting you choose as well, basically restoring the game back to what it originally was lol.. You know, when it was actually fun and still had some form of satisfaction in playing. Keep the quality of life changes, keep the raids to 1-4 person only as anymore than that will either make the raids go by too fast or cause lag issues for host/party.

Honestly, if people really complained about the game being "too hard", then this game just isn't for them. It's not really going to baby sit you. You're supposed to struggle, as that's what it's about to begin with for both humans and fomors- fighting for survival and the battle isn't in our favor. You're supposed to learn and adapt to many monsters & situations you're put against. If you "can't" do that then just admit that you suck & go play something more your speed.. like, Minecraft or something lol.