[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Advice on how to PvP as Lynn?

PooStickPooStick
Vindictus Rep: 865
in PVP Discussion
Just started to play Siege match and I have no idea how to use Lynn in PvP. Anyone got some tips for meh?

Comments

• Arrow95Arrow95
    Vindictus Rep: 2,515
    Get used to her dodge and how it works in pvp, When you dodge into an attack you get a 2 sec invul buff. Using Lr to bring people in mid air then you can hit them, Also Lynn as Grab I belive.
    PooStick
  • AtherionAtherion
    Vindictus Rep: 3,520
    In something as hectic as siege, don't go on the offensive unless you have the 2sec inv buff to start you off. Try to get your furious tiger buff before going in for marks to make the most of it.

When you are against a single person or a smaller more manageable group, go on the defensive and try to bait a grab. Your best combo is LRLLRR TAB to get a burst, but only if the first LR gets your opponent in the air.
    PooStickMochiSweet
  • PooStickPooStick
    Okie I'll try thanks
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    edited October 27, 2016
    Arrow95
    Arrow95 said:

Get used to her dodge and how it works in pvp, When you dodge into an attack you get a 2 sec invul buff. Using Lr to bring people in mid air then you can hit them, Also Lynn as Grab I belive.
    What Arrow95 said, use Dark Cloud (LR) to launch opponents, juggle with extended smashes, and then detonate your stacks. Juggling works better with more attack speed, but this is basically the best thing you can do because you won't win in straight up fights. Unfortunately, Lynn's pvp grab sucks because the wind-up animation is basically like the first swing of Long-armed Devil, which could mean your death if you try and use it.
  • PooStickPooStick

What Arrow95 said, use Dark Cloud (LR) to launch opponents, juggle with extended smashes, and then detonate your stacks. Juggling works better with more attack speed, but this is basically the best thing you can do because you won't win in straight up fights. Unfortunately, Lynn's pvp grab sucks because the wind-up animation is basically like the first swing of Long-armed Devil, which could mean your death if you try and use it.

lol I had a feeling Lynn wasn't good for pvp. No wonder I rarely see any Lynn in siege battles. Oh well I guess I have to just keep losing to get the seals :(
  • Arrow95Arrow95
    Vindictus Rep: 2,515
    Shes not god tir but if you put in the time to learn her timeings and how to move around other classes shes pretty good, and her juggle is one of the best in the game
    Order5
  • Bring_Back_CMAeselliBring_Back_CMAeselli
    Vindictus Rep: 1,085
    edited October 30, 2016
    I wouldn't recommend relying on her juggle like most people recommend; it's a nice punish if you get a read on a grab or stamina exhaustion, but using LR too much will cause your opponent to catch on and punish you severely. This is especially bad because LR doesn't give Lynn any orbs on the opponent. I'd recommend using little rat to dodge attacks whenever possible to keep her teleport up and get the furious tiger buff. The teleport is a nice panic move since it gives lingering invul frames after she teleports. Use the killer dart save to dash in when they're not expecting it so you can get furious tiger and possibly some knockdown.

You also need to use her second and third smashes + the second attacks on them to gain stacks on enemies. It doesn't matter if they invul buff; whenever they invul buff on an orb procing attack, you will get orbs. However, you don't get orbs if they truly invul-frame your attacks. Don't be too afraid to trade hits, but don't be stupid about it. Your orbs do a lot of burst damage even though they were recently nerfed.

Lynn works the best when kiting around and using orb-procing smashes when they are dodging close to you, or to interrupt the start of an attack or grab. In the case that someone is trying to recovery camp you, or camp standing endurance with a juggle, spam the key for five finger death. If they barely mistime their juggle, you will superarmor the juggle and explode any orbs on them if you hit them. While Lynn is a generally defensive character in pvp like Aterion said, especially in siege or deathmatch, do not be afraid to punish mistakes and don't be afraid to trade hits in the arena. Once you have about 8 stacks or more, it's a good idea to use five finger death to punish a grab or a close smash that won't out-trade you.

I'd recommend getting a greater mysterious cat statue for Lynn since her sp skills can be very useful in some situations. Iron flag can detonate orbs from a distance, but is somewhat predictable, Long-Armed-Devil is good for trading hits due to its high damage and orb-procing ability, and divine spear is nice when you catch your opponent off guard at low hp due to its invul frames and long range.

It is important to know her invul frames and the timing for her invul buff like arrow said, but she is not a heavily invul buff based character unlike someone like spear Lann. I would not recommend using her grab unless if you're certain it will land and the enemy is literally dodging right in front of you since it doesn't do much damage and I usually prioritize getting orbs rather than grabbing. I haven't done any testing to confirm this, but it feels like Evie and Lynn have slower, shorter-ranged grabs than the other characters.

Honestly when it comes down to it, Lynn is a mid-tier at best due to multiple glaring flaws such as her poor stamina consumption, and how good you are with her depends on your grasp on pvp fundamentals and ability to actually know when to perform what. If it's your first character, you will not get good at pvp overnight, and you will not improve if you only fight inexperienced players since they tend to play their characters unoptimally and do things that competent players would never consider. You need to learn how each character works and how to best deal with them, but I will admit that Lynn has some almost unwinnable matchups such as Arisha and Sylas.
  • AuntJEMIMAAAAuntJEMIMAAA
    Vindictus Rep: 735
    To be fair.... aside from Arishas, I think Lynn's are pretty difficult to fight due to their dodge and their punishing juggle. Work with that, and you'll be top tier.
    Also, a good tactic is to juggle and aim your stack burst off the cliff... you might be able to knock them off. If you do succeed, be prepared for the rage chasing after the respawn :).
  • Bring_Back_CMAeselliBring_Back_CMAeselli
    Vindictus Rep: 1,085
    Order5
    Order5 said:

Arrow95
    Arrow95 said:

Lynn actually had a somewhat even matchup against Cestus Karok pre-revamp and had the ability to burst Hurks when they missed smashes due to ability to proc orbs on invul buff although it was a risky move due to revenge. I'd say she has even matchups against Sword Lann, Hammer and Sword Fiona, Sword Vella, and Scythe Evie. Hurk has a very slight edge as well as Spear Lann, Bow Kai, and Cestus Karok. I'm not exactly sure where Staff Evie, Delia, or Pillar Karok stand since I haven't fought them much with Lynn after the balance changes, but Chainblade Vella is difficult, and Arisha, Crossgun Kai, and Sylas absolutely destroy Lynn. Honestly, just relying on Lynn's juggle is gimmicky and really limits you when fighting against certain classes or people. It's very easily punished by just about any competent player assuming they don't make some kind of massive error. Her juggle is an unreliable punishing tool, and shouldn't be used as her sole method to winning duels since actually landing it requires your opponent to make a huge mistake or go for a risky grab without invul buff.
  • PooStickPooStick
    lol I scored a 10-2 in siege but we still lost :( . I'll keep trying though.