[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Nexon Launcher Update - Had To Redownload The Game

AeriesAeries
Vindictus Rep: 870
edited July 10, 2017 in General Discussion
Does anyone else had to redownload the game after the launcher update?

Now my launcher is stuck at verifying the game.
Hurricane622
  1. Did you have to redownload the game?56 votes
    1. Yes
       46% (26 votes)
    2. No
       54% (30 votes)

Comments

• PlaksterPlakster
    Vindictus Rep: 1,705
    nope i just cancel it and got back in the game with no problems
  • Sw33tSSw33tS
    Vindictus Rep: 1,265
    I had to redownload it, thought it was just a seperate patch for some reason but it only took about half an hour or so, not a big deal for me. I saved the game onto my desktop.
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    edited July 10, 2017
    Did this also cause your game to drop?

I had to redownload (tried canceling, then shows update... for 15+ gigs.)

*/edit/* looks like they changed the default install location to be C:/Nexon/Library instead of C:/Nexon/

So to all the folks that just use the default, you likely will have 15 gigs of copied files...

Note I couldn't get it to work by just renaming folders or changing the default install. Had to just download everything again :-(
  • GaldoRGaldoR
    Vindictus Rep: 300
    Same i had to download again after launcher update.
    p.s.: If you are already in game, don't exit until learn what is going on. or you may have to download 15.6GB.
  • TamagoTamago
    Vindictus Rep: 5,460
    Only had to verify.
  • vertualvertual
    Vindictus Rep: 200
    l tried everything but nothing works so l just deleted the game and won't install again, a shame since l've just installed it with the RISE update.
  • NokaubureNokaubure
    Vindictus Rep: 2,185
    edited July 10, 2017
    - rename your folder (ex: C:\vindictus to C:\vindictus2)
    - click download and choose download folder to your old folder (ex: C:\vindictus)
    - cancel the download
    - delete the new folder and rename back the old folder
    - click update and done
  • libertyliberty
    Vindictus Rep: 840
    It prompted me to download with the updated launcher, but I canceled and clicked play and then it just verified.
  • BullBull
    Vindictus Rep: 1,060
    nope, no need to re-download again, clicked play and game verified and done.
  • VanisaurVanisaur
    Vindictus Rep: 1,285
    edited March 27, 2019
  • WilkoWilko
    Vindictus Rep: 1,750
    edited July 10, 2017
    I miss the days before mandatory Nexon/Steam launcher.
    Zaeadras
  • libertyliberty
    Vindictus Rep: 840
    Wilko wrote: »
    I miss the days before mandatory Nexon/Steam launcher.

I do too sometimes, but I also like not having to sign in twice
    ZaeadrasHurricane622
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    liberty wrote: »
    I do too sometimes, but I also like not having to sign in twice

Why did you sign in twice? You would click the EXE, type username password, then your code.

Now you type in username password when you open the launcher then the code when the game launched. (Unless you don't care about security and like having your username/password stored in a txt file. Though, I assume steam at least has it encrypted, but I haven't looked.)
  • CwenniCwenni
    Vindictus Rep: 540
    Had to download, too.
  • SolarSnowSolarSnow
    Vindictus Rep: 635
    I just cancelled and relaunched, only needed to verify
  • BabyDaniBabyDani
    Vindictus Rep: 1,735
    Vanisaur wrote: »
    Edit. They updated the launcher I believe! I just changed the download location back to the same location where I had downloaded it before hand, in the launcher settings and clicked download. Then it just verified the files, and started up again :)

this

install location in the launcher got changed from c:/nexon to c:/nexon/library

changed it back to just c:/nexon

then when i clicked "download" it immediately changed to verifying, and game started normally

check where you have vindi installed, then verify that's the location in the launcher settings, hopefully it works for you too
  • Hurricane622Hurricane622
    Vindictus Rep: 635
    Do the guys at Nexon HQ really have to prove over and over again how incompetent they are?... A simple launcher update shouldn't invalidate all games installed via the client! Well at least you can manually make sure that the new installation path is the same as the old one, and it should only need to verify the data. :)
  • BabyDaniBabyDani
    Vindictus Rep: 1,735
    BabyDani wrote: »
    Vanisaur wrote: »
    Edit. They updated the launcher I believe! I just changed the download location back to the same location where I had downloaded it before hand, in the launcher settings and clicked download. Then it just verified the files, and started up again :)

this

install location in the launcher got changed from c:/nexon to c:/nexon/library

changed it back to just c:/nexon

then when i clicked "download" it immediately changed to verifying, and game started normally

check where you have vindi installed, then verify that's the location in the launcher settings, hopefully it works for you too

so i went to log in tonite and my trick no longer works. download location matches but it insists on re-downloading anyway wth >.<
  • VanisaurVanisaur
    edited March 27, 2019
  • VanisaurVanisaur
    edited March 27, 2019