[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Passion ES no longer goes to 100% success!

DaPlayaDaPlaya
Vindictus Rep: 885
edited July 7, 2017 in General Discussion
Looks like they changed Passion ES to no longer go to 100% success chance at 100 Brynn. Now it only goes to 50% success at 100 Brynn. And if you fail, it can decrease the item's durability now. :(
Zaeadras

Comments

• SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    Rules of all scrolls has been modified and unified, including these 4 scrolls since they are dropable now.
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    edited July 7, 2017
    The Passion scroll has always been able to decrease durability when you fail.
  • BeepBeepImAJeepBeepBeepImAJeep
    Vindictus Rep: 1,150
    edited July 7, 2017
    it's a cheap, easily dropped scroll anyway...
  • DaPlayaDaPlaya
    Dude, I know it's cheap now. I'm just letting people know that the scroll is no longer 100%.
  • RyanReynoldsRyanReynolds
    Vindictus Rep: 1,795
    If you are unlucky enough to fail 4 times, you will get a 100% on after you combine the scraps.
  • NuclearChickenNuclearChicken
    Vindictus Rep: 1,385
    edited July 7, 2017
    If you are unlucky enough to fail 4 times, you will get a 100% on after you combine the scraps.

You only get scraps when failing R7 scrolls. Failing other scrolls give nothing
    Zaeadras
  • SaintGuinnessSaintGuinness
    Vindictus Rep: 1,730
    I'm not happy with the change. Yeah they are cheap but I've failed 6 significant scrolls in a row. I miss when they were rare and expensive but successful. Now, I will most likely end up paying more overall for less success. It wouldn't be so bad if the max success rate wasn't 49% or if we got scraps toward a 100% scroll. What we have instead is the worst of both worlds.
    SlothPrincess
  • RyanReynoldsRyanReynolds
    Vindictus Rep: 1,795

You only get scraps when failing R7 scrolls. Failing other scrolls give nothing

Well that sucks.
  • AbyssofthorAbyssofthor
    Vindictus Rep: 1,345
    edited July 9, 2017
    iIjrsPr.png It never was 100% so i don't know what you mean XnI6mSd.png There is a small chance you could fail.
  • DaPlayaDaPlaya
    edited July 9, 2017
    iIjrsPr.png It never was 100% so i don't know what you mean XnI6mSd.png There is a small chance you could fail.

What I mean is that 100 Brynn use to give 100% chance before the RISE update. There use to be a bug with the 100% chance, but that was later fixed. Irrespective of that, 100 Brynn would be displayed as 100% before RISE.
  • SaintGuinnessSaintGuinness
    Vindictus Rep: 1,730
    DaPlaya wrote: »

What I mean is that 100 Brynn use to give 100% chance before the RISE update. There use to be a bug with the 100% chance, but that was later fixed. Irrespective of that, 100 Brynn would be displayed as 100% before RISE.

Actually, that's incorrect. At 100 Brynn it was a 98% chance of success and currently at 100 Brynn it's 49% chance of success. There was always a chance of failure. Don't get me wrong, I definitely prefer the old success rate but it was never a guarantee.
  • DaPlayaDaPlaya
    edited July 11, 2017
    DaPlaya wrote: »

Actually, that's incorrect. At 100 Brynn it was a 98% chance of success and currently at 100 Brynn it's 49% chance of success. There was always a chance of failure. Don't get me wrong, I definitely prefer the old success rate but it was never a guarantee.

No, at 100 Brynn, it showed up as 100%, not 98%.

http://vindictus.gamepedia.com/Passion_Enchant_Scroll
    Success Chance: 25-100%

There was a long-standing bug where you could fail at 100% and people were recommending to only go to 99%. But that had been supposedly ninja fixed.

PS. Also like to add that 100 Brynn post-RISE shows up as 50% success, not 49%.
  • ArcticAzrealArcticAzreal
    Vindictus Rep: 955
    I'm not happy with the change. Yeah they are cheap but I've failed 6 significant scrolls in a row. I miss when they were rare and expensive but successful. Now, I will most likely end up paying more overall for less success. It wouldn't be so bad if the max success rate wasn't 49% or if we got scraps toward a 100% scroll. What we have instead is the worst of both worlds.

^
    That's why I farm them instead of paying someone else to do my work.