[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Destruction safeguad rune

Question2Question2
Vindictus Rep: 3,235
in General Discussion
Does anyone know what the point of this is? It reduces unbind count by 1 and enhancement level by 2. The fact that it reduces enhanceent level at all completely defeats the point of using it in the first place, especially as it costs 300 seals.

E.G. You get up to +10 using normal runes. Lets say you want to go +11, you can either use this rune and drop to +8 when you fail or make a new weapon/armor, which is much easier now that OJ stuff has a decent drop rate.

If it was pretty cheap, like 50 seals or so, then using it would be a no brainer. But at 300 seals its actually faster/cheaper to make something from scratch and +8 it again.

Comments

• AequipondiumAequipondium
    Vindictus Rep: 1,965
    It's the f2p method of gear progression. I think it's definitely a step in the right direction (no more rage quitting through weapon booming, so you can stick with one weapon until the end), but 300 seals is definitely too steep given our current methods of seal gain.

20 daily seals + 10 seals from honor medal = 30 seals a day
    This will take 10 days not including arena.
    10 days religiously farming seals only to get knocked down 2 levels... or succeed?

You be the judge whether it's too steep, I personally think so - especially given how horrendous rng rates are (and no I'm not buying the bs that they've increased the chances of enhancing success).
  • misakamisakamisakamisaka
    Vindictus Rep: 1,685
    I don't even think you can get the 20 daily seals now without doing abyssal arena o.o

If I'm counting it right from just pure 1 seal per raid:
    1 from regina, braha, glas, lugh, abom, eoch, special raid, rr = 8 seals
    +
    ~2-4 seals from the rr if you're lucky at getting those low level things that drop them(not sure if those count towards the daily limit)

Okay, maybe if you have vip you can get like 16 seals.
  • PhoebeHalliwelPhoebeHalliwel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,720
    I don't even think you can get the 20 daily seals now without doing abyssal arena o.o

If I'm counting it right from just pure 1 seal per raid:
    1 from regina, braha, glas, lugh, abom, eoch, special raid, rr = 8 seals
    +
    ~2-4 seals from the rr if you're lucky at getting those low level things that drop them(not sure if those count towards the daily limit)

Okay, maybe if you have vip you can get like 16 seals.

Niflehim and [Special] battles give seals too
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    They have increased orange drop rates and AP revival costs to fit new concept, which is to keep enhancing stuff until it blows. This rune doesn't fit it.
  • HallyHally
    Vindictus Rep: 1,985
    edited July 3, 2017
    It's the f2p method of gear progression. I think it's definitely a step in the right direction (no more rage quitting through weapon booming, so you can stick with one weapon until the end), but 300 seals is definitely too steep given our current methods of seal gain.

20 daily seals + 10 seals from honor medal = 30 seals a day
    This will take 10 days not including arena.
    10 days religiously farming seals only to get knocked down 2 levels... or succeed?

You be the judge whether it's too steep, I personally think so - especially given how horrendous rng rates are (and no I'm not buying the bs that they've increased the chances of enhancing success).

The time spent farming that many seals can be spent farming s3 mats, sell for money, and buying yourself multiple +10s, or a +12 outright... hence really defeating the purpose of this rune.
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    Think longer terms. Since the rune lacks a specific enhancement level, I believe it was intended for if you try to +20. Say you fail to reach +20, you'll have some ammunition against +17 when you try again. Also, you get a shard back every fail, so it won't always be 300 seals if you actually farm that much.
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    edited July 3, 2017
    Order5 wrote: »
    Think longer terms. Since the rune lacks a specific enhancement level, I believe it was intended for if you try to +20. Say you fail to reach +20, you'll have some ammunition against +17 when you try again. Also, you get a shard back every fail, so it won't always be 300 seals if you actually farm that much.

I don't see anyone using that rune on anything greater than > 12... (And does it even work on +11 or better?)

The odds of getting a weapon from +14 to +16 is ~0.2% Why would you want to chance making a +16 go to +14 again just to blow it up at +14 ->+15?
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    ikevi wrote: »

The odds of getting a weapon from +14 to +16 is ~0.2% Why would you want to chance making a +16 go to +14 again just to blow it up at +14 ->+15?

Why even try to +16 in the first place if you are only willing to commit one item to the Hell Forge? Sell it as is later or blow it up and revive it as a permanent +15.

As I pointed out, the rune doesn't seem to have any specified restrictions, so if it saves you even 100 items in the long run, the +20 pilgrims will try to make use of something like this - especially when it could take over a million enhancement attempts to make it to journey's end (unless +25 enhancement descends upon us).
  • kls9kls9
    Vindictus Rep: 1,215
    edited July 4, 2017
    Order5 wrote: »
    Why even try to +16 in the first place if you are only willing to commit one item to the Hell Forge? Sell it as is later or blow it up and revive it as a permanent +15.

As I pointed out, the rune doesn't seem to have any specified restrictions, so if it saves you even 100 items in the long run, the +20 pilgrims will try to make use of something like this - especially when it could take over a million enhancement attempts to make it to journey's end (unless +25 enhancement descends upon us).

On average it would take ~680,000 unboomed +15s to make a +20, ignoring the safeguard rune. +20 wasn't designed to be something players can work toward. It's probably reasonable to assume that the safeguard rune does not work unless the item has a remaining unbind count to lose.

Edit: It was mentioned in the update notes: "Destruction Safeguard Rune can be used only on items that have at least one Bind remaining." So given that you can only fail with a safeguard rune 3 times on a given item, it doesn't make sense to use the rune on higher enhanced items, where it's unlikely you'll be able to make up the -2 enhancement.
  • ElleaseEllease
    Vindictus Rep: 1,625
    If you have a certain enhancement level already restored, the rune is used to have a chance to progress further on other weapons. If you have a +15, a +14 or under is useless to you. If it blows up, you have no reason to recover it. The rune, even though it is used on a +14 and would bring it back to a +12, still allows you another shot towards getting a +16 on those grounds. A weapon enhanceable again is better than a dead weapon when you have something higher already.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    At 300 seals a pop it really isn't much of an expedient towards reaching a higher enhance. It, like the rest of this update, mocks players' time and energy with how it's designed.
  • SlyGoatSlyGoat
    Vindictus Rep: 500
    A full orange weapon from the seal shop costs more seals than the rune does. It's probably worth using above +12. It's still total RNG, obviously, but what else are you going to do other than blow up a weapon that isn't worth restoring?