[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Typos, spelling, grammar, and other text issues

QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
Vindictus Rep: 4,960
in Bug Reporting
This can be the thread where players can report any and all text related issues. This will make it easier for Vindictus Staff to find and keep track of these issues and will cut down on any duplicate threads of the same issue.

Again thanks all for taking the time to report these text issues.

Reporting Tips for Text Issues (and any bug in general):
- Be as descriptive as possible.
- Write down exact text.
- Screenshots (when feasible) help a lot.

Credit goes to Ehgess (QA Coordinator) on the previous forums.
Order5

Comments

• Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    edited December 19, 2016
    I probably should have reported this months ago when the change first happened but...
    Lynn's Divine Spear description is pretty much a mess:
    1) The "piercing attack" is not the only attack that upgrades Swift Assassin into Zhen Swift Assassin, the 3 consecutive strikes also do this.
    2) This is part of the old description for when Jade Fox is active. You do not dash forward twice after completing your 3 consecutive strikes, you only dash once (and now you have to press smash to dash).
    3) In Jade Fox, you cannot perform "up to 3 piercing attacks" only 2*.

*You might want to check with the developers to see if the number of piercing attacks is a game-play bug instead just a typo because only two things have actually changed: you have to press smash for the piercing attack, and the piercing attack now also upgrades Swift Assassin to Zhen (previously it was only the 3 strikes). Even if it is a game-play bug, the description can still use a clean up on number 1.

I also purpose an update to the in-game video demonstration to show that you have to press the smash key to perform the piercing attack, and have 4 Swift Assassin on the Gnoll Chieften to show that the piercing attack also upgrades a 4th mark to Zhen.

Purposed text changes:

- Strike ahead three times using Divine Spear.

- Can deal a piercing attack by pressing Smash. A successful attack changes [Swift Assassin] into [Zhen Swift Assassin]. You will dash forward in the desired direction after completing your 3 consecutive attacks.

- Each successful attack changes an applied [Swift Assassin] into [Zhen Swift Assassin].

- SP Cost is reduced and ATT is decreased by 20% when Jade Fox triggers.

- You will dash forward twice in the desired direction after completing your 3 consecutive attacks.

------------------

- After completing 3 consecutive strikes, deal a piercing attack by pressing Smash. Can deal up to 3 2 piercing attacks when Jade Fox is active.

If it's not too much of a bother, there's also a missing hyphen on Swift Assassin:
  • QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    edited May 12, 2017
    -Resolved-
    Order5
  • NoburoNoburo
    Vindictus Rep: 2,940
    In the keybinds settings for Karok, the bind for actions usually bound to the tab key is still labelled Auto-Clash. Auto-Clash has been tied to the grab key since the Karok revamp earlier in 2016, with Cestus Charge/Big Bang link and Pillar Toss/Bison Charge link now using that bind.

If you need ideas for what to change that label to, try something along the lines of "Alternate Smash" or even "TAB [Karok]" just so you don't need to edit all of the skill descriptions.
  • Order5Order5
    During the substory "The Price of Indolence." The Strange Traveler gives the tutorial on how to bring up quick battles. There are a few grammar errors throughout the dialogue like missing spaces, but the main concern is that he says you can also press the "T" key, but the image displays the "K" key.
    http://i.imgur.com/nwvNTaj.jpg
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    Nifleheim still displays the outdated text saying that you cannot revive in hard mode. This is incorrect, you can revive up to 3 times per player.

The text is displayed in two areas : When viewing nifleheim battles at the board, and at the start of the dungeon.

See : http://imgur.com/a/TKVRZ

Error message when getting the "Stormy seas" quest : http://imgur.com/a/Cvv3b

Story text bug when Black Hammer is talking about Larken : For some reason, he now says that he will let Shakkar know of "their plans" (which is the plan to backstab him), which makes no sense. The previous story text simply has Black Hammer warn that they must not let Shakkar know of their plans (if i recall correctly). I'm not sure what happened when the s1 storyline was rewritten, but either someone made a translation error or a typo error here.

See : http://imgur.com/a/8bRcb

Obvious typo error with Keaghan's text : http://imgur.com/a/QCXtJ

Very obvious copy and paste errors during the hilder forest storyline : Ingkells keeps repeating "If everyone is here, I shall explain the operation". This copy and paste error was also present in the original version of the s1 storyline before it was re-written.

See : http://imgur.com/a/vp4NW. Ingkell's line is clearly meant to be said by Aodhan (in the third screenshot), not Ingkells. Ingkells is clearly supposed to be saying something else, but someone made a copy and paste error and he is saying Aodhan's line instead.

Very obvious grammar error in the Titan raid : See http://imgur.com/a/MwvVv. A similar grammar error is present in the fight against The Duke in Ainle. "More easily" is not proper grammar.
  • CwenniCwenni
    Vindictus Rep: 540
    This is concerning the german client.
    Some battles can't get started due to unappropriate words. Same happens in chatchannels.
    ie. Ainle: Den Halbmond durchstoßen (ge) / Piercing the Crescent Moon (en)

Please take a look into it. Thx.
  • ever57ever57
    Vindictus Rep: 300
    Within the german client it isn´t possible to join the battle "Southern Rock Cliff", in German" Südliche Steinklippen". Maybe there´s a problem with the Ü. I got the message "not permitted word"
  • QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    For the time being, to be able to enter the battle, try renaming the boat. You should be able to when you select it from the board before launching.
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    edited April 21, 2017
    Upon selecting a battle in Quick Battle and clicking "Join party" if there's any available, party list shows up. The list contains information like difficulty, party members, class, level and status. This is also displayed when You select particular party in the window, showing full party list rather than just 4.

In both of these windows, the status displays "A Dark Premonition" instead of "Ready".

H5tlDm4.png
  • Order5Order5
    edited April 17, 2017
    Why isn't this a stickied thread anymore?

During the main story "Paranoia" Roma and Jornin start talking about Roma instead of Rema.
    y7dUPqH.jpg

Misspelling for "laughs".
    XnxwDVq.jpg
  • EhgessEhgess
    Vindictus Rep: 2,910
    Member, Nexon
    It is stickied, it's just the sticky function is broken. :*
    Order5
  • QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    Visual Bug:
    Incapacitated players displayed with full bar of health in the Party Member window in Sea of Reflection.

Text Bug:
    In many of Hurk's skill descriptions, Blockade is being referred to as Stone Wall instead of Blockade.
  • Order5Order5
    edited June 22, 2017
    5 minutes into the new Rise update and already found a typo haha!

In the main story "Brynn's Gift" Brynn says "If" when it should be "It".
    IlFak5l.jpg

*Not sure how I missed this one. Noted, will fix. -Ehgess
  • LunetistulROLunetistulRO
    Vindictus Rep: 200
    edited June 22, 2017

Can not put friends in my dc friends list? He tells me that my letter was canceled and I must come back later. I did this and the message is the same
  • Order5Order5
    During the tutorial main story "Do you want to try Compositing?" there is an improper coding text that is supposed to turn the word "Superior" to purple font.

ROaNYS7.jpg
  • FurielFuriel
    Vindictus Rep: 3,330
    When you click on the Ein Lacher icon on the mission board, this pops up:
    KUsQ2ws.png

The text that should say:
    Level - Battle Name - Party
    was not translated from korean to english.
  • DokkunDokkun
    Vindictus Rep: 1,500
    8fe6eb85af.png
    During the story "Threat", Lazkum says " k " after "Okay" (lol)
    Order5
  • RavelationsRavelations
    Vindictus Rep: 1,255
    JMWEuGZ.jpg

I forget the exact quest name, but its part of the mainstory, when you fight Black Belly, to prove your courage,
  • neminemi
    edited June 30, 2017
    Sylas's skill has Evie in it for some reason
    http://imgur.com/a/cNGkw
  • Raiker_RingtailRaiker_Ringtail
    edited July 3, 2017
    Wrong area to post my bug.