[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

RNG reverse polarity nightmare.

jeddyhijeddyhi
Vindictus Rep: 1,880
edited June 28, 2017 in General Discussion
So I have 3 enchant scroll fragments, need one more for a 100% scroll. I find the scroll I want for a fairly decent price but do not want to risk booming my favorite wep so I figure I will by a cheap worthless wep, enchant boom with no elixirs, collect my last scroll fragment and have a 100% scroll ready for my favorite wep.

So I press enchant with no elixirs, 25% success rate.......enchant successful. WTFF!!!!!!!! NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Order5

Comments

• Weiss_OswaldWeiss_Oswald
    Vindictus Rep: 1,475
    That's sad, but also suits you for trying to be cheap.

Enchant runes are there for something :*

OR

Next time buy the fragment instead, they're tradeable.
    PhoebeHalliwel
  • jeddyhijeddyhi
    No fragment was available. Do not call me cheap. It cheapens you.
    7thRoninVallesti7th_SisterOrder5PixelPantsu
  • RizzleRizzle
    Vindictus Rep: 1,860
    ^Wow. Somebody points out your cheapness and all you can do is take their comment and turn it back at them? Can't even afford an actual response? Weiss thanks you for supporting and verifying his comment.
  • Weiss_OswaldWeiss_Oswald
    Vindictus Rep: 1,475
    jeddyhi wrote: »
    No fragment was available. Do not call me cheap. It cheapens you.

I didn't mean to offend you. I get nothing out of your misery, I'd get happy for you if your "trick" would have worked.

But you need to admit it, by trying to be "cheap" you got "burned". Though it sucks to get reversed luck, it happens all the time, and I can't really feel sorry.
    25% Is still a prety high chance (higher than the chance to get "+15 -> +16", like the double of it :p ), so it was your gamble, and therefore, your loss.

Wait for someone to sell a fragment, a part of Vindictus is knowing how to play patient, that is, if you want to walk the easy path
  • jeddyhijeddyhi
    edited June 28, 2017
    You people are warped. You see no humor and only attack. Have a blessed day
  • jeddyhijeddyhi
    Rizzle, the last of the big spenders LMAO
  • AeledingAeleding
    Vindictus Rep: 1,255
    Came here expecting an Evie bug, was disappointed...

But never forget how Vindi RNG works out : When you want it to work, it fails, and when you want it to fail, it works.
    Order5
  • XaldinZXaldinZ
    Vindictus Rep: 475
    edited June 28, 2017
    i had a +3 nighthawk scythe drop from doing malina quests. I wanted it to Boom for no reason just bored/wanted to try new rates.
    It reached +12 (which now is the MAXIMUM for lvl 1-80) gear with 0 fail 0 runes. OBVIOUSLY the game has a mind of its own... it wasnt even an evie! ( I dropped it on an Evie OBV but i had it transfered for Dismantling to my crafter char)
    On that note if anyone wants a +12 Nighthawk Scythe On EU Hit me up xD
  • oCharlotteoCharlotte
    Vindictus Rep: 1,345
    Aeleding wrote: »
    Came here expecting an Evie bug, was disappointed...

But never forget how Vindi RNG works out : When you want it to work, it fails, and when you want it to fail, it works.

And to this day I expect everything to boom :*
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    B-but...if you reverse the polarity of something that's random...wouldn't it still be random?
  • oCharlotteoCharlotte
    Vindictus Rep: 1,345
    Order5 wrote: »
    B-but...if you reverse the polarity of something that's random...wouldn't it still be random?

:thinking:
  • ZiggyStardustZiggyStardust
    Vindictus Rep: 1,110
    Order5 wrote: »

in Vindictus both polarities are negative. Randomness is merely the means of selecting from a pool of identically negative possibilities.
  • RizzleRizzle
    Vindictus Rep: 1,860
    jeddyhi wrote: »
    Rizzle, the last of the big spenders LMAO

When it comes to words, you can call me wealthy. Im fine with that. But i dont think i've spent anything on this game since 2016.

CRAP! they're gonna torpedo my rng now! LOL!