[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

GM Help Please [ERROR MESSAGE ON WEST]

Comments

• ReallypissedDcedReallypissedDced
    Vindictus Rep: 200
    edited June 27, 2017
    i think i know whats going on check the general discussion you'll notice our forum got highjack by the sfgjsfg something and i believe we got ourself a ddo attack from delhi lol

Welp they delete the post of that guy sheesh

ps is the server in the west got shutdown

• [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    Vindictus Rep: 6,750
    edited June 27, 2017
    West is currently undergoing an unscheduled maintenance to address the log in madness. We will keep you posted on our progress

More info here: http://vindictus.nexon.net/news/23700/june-27th-unscheduled-west-server-maintenance

[UPDATE] Servers are back up. Let us know if you are still experiencing any weirdness
    giphy.gif
  • DeCoyThatGuyDeCoyThatGuy
    Vindictus Rep: 230
    Thank you VERY MUCH, GM's, for resolving this issue hella quickly. We definately have some really reliable people, handling these problems in a timely manner. TBH, this is the best I have seen a MMO issue resolved timely. I have played many and have been disappointed in responses to issues. I do understand that the problem occured a long time ago, but they were probably asleep at the time and they have limited staff, atm. But when they got on and saw there was an issue, they fixed it damn quick. I went out, to get lunch, came back and it was already fixed. damn awesome.
  • NuclearChickenNuclearChicken
    Vindictus Rep: 1,385
    edited June 28, 2017
    Well, goood to know that problems with the NA server gets solved in hours while problems with EU server we have to wait a week if not more +haha

#NotSaltyAtAll
  • Weiss_OswaldWeiss_Oswald
    Vindictus Rep: 1,475
    I wonder why didn't EU server get the same treatment with the lag issue. One week lag problem was too long.
  • AquasolAquasol
    Vindictus Rep: 2,650
    I wonder why didn't EU server get the same treatment with the lag issue. One week lag problem was too long.

Each server had a different issue; seems like whatever the West server had, was much easier to pinpoint and fix.
    Aquasol wrote: »

Each server had a different issue; seems like whatever the West server had, was much easier to pinpoint and fix.

I see. I'm sure you guys were doing the best you can within your powers, but from our perspective, we were being ignored for a whole week.
    I'll try and be more patient, but I'm sure you also understant our frustration.
    edited June 28, 2017
    Aquasol wrote: »

I see. I'm sure you guys were doing the best you can within your powers, but from our perspective, we were being ignored for a whole week.
    I'll try and be more patient, but I'm sure you also understant our frustration.

Have you ever played WoW (world of warcraft). They take forever to resolve issues (and I have been playing since vanilla). But dealing with lag issues, is not just server related issues. A whole lot takes into account for that issue, and one of the possible main issue, is ISP and nodes. Its harder to pin point. But I do understand your frustration. I played on Dragonmaw server in WoW. It was known as LaggenMaw for nearly 3 months, for reasons the name suggests. I stayed on the server even thought it was hella laggy and I had an option to move (for free) to a different server, but chose to stay. Anyways, its an issue that is harder to pinpoint. They can even replace the server and transfer all the data to a different computer (which probably will take a long time) and still not resolve the issue by doing that. So, they are doing what they can at this point.

These devs, with their limited staff compared to bigger companies, do care about their community, compared to other MMO's. And as a consumer, I would be upset when issues like the ones people are complaining about, are occurring. It is frustrating and there are times that I would want to vent my frustration. Its easiest to just blame the company, even without knowing what they are going through to try to get it corrected (and their frustrations, which consumers really care less about but not make it easier for them to fix the issue in a timely manner). And no one is patient enough to deal with it. We are humans, we want everything to go our way or we just get b*tchy at everyone around us. Which in turns makes it 10x harder for them to resolve the issue and puts more pressure on them. I know they will fix the issue. I guess people just want the GM's to just focus only on the EU server and forget that they have other servers. And not resolve any other issues that arises, until the EU is corrected (even if it means that the other servers crash, and completely go down).

Just have faith in them. I don't expect you to put 100%, but compared to other MMO's I have played (don't want to name them, for reasons), these people show they care. There will always be angry people. Even if something is going 150% that persons way, they will always find something they HAVE to complain about. Just to trigger others to band wagon.
    [...]
    Just have faith in them. I don't expect you to put 100%, but compared to other MMO's I have played (don't want to name them, for reasons), these people show they care. There will always be angry people. Even if something is going 150% that persons way, they will always find something they HAVE to complain about. Just to trigger others to band wagon.

I do understand your point. I was just frustrated that it took almost two days for the staff to even acknowledge that there was a problem in the first place(atleast on the forums). That was a major fault, no matter how you see it.

I did not want they to throw all servers away just to fix EU, but also don't like that we get ignored when stuff like this happens.

I'll stop my "rant" and put my hopes that they can fix it under this maintenance.

I do understand your point. I was just frustrated that it took almost two days for the staff to even acknowledge that there was a problem in the first place(atleast on the forums). That was a major fault, no matter how you see it.

I did not want they to throw all servers away just to fix EU, but also don't like that we get ignored when stuff like this happens.

I'll stop my "rant" and put my hopes that they can fix it under this maintenance.

Ranting is fine. How else will the GM's know there is an issue. Registering complains is fine also, but there are a lot of people (not saying you are one of them) that will flame and bad mouth the company because there is a problem that had come to their awareness and that it is not resolved in that persons manner of time. They are just not patient enough. Granted it took them a long time to see it. It may or may not be their fault. Have to take into account many factors, like how many people point out the issue. TBH. I had posted the server issue also in the Technical Support forum (pointing to the post on the Discussion Forum) and that is when they noticed it. So, you have to take into consideration of a lot of factors and how many people are willing to go out of their way to try to get the developers attention. And that is just one of many issues that they have to deal with, with their limited numbers of employee's.

I am not trying to defend them or anything. Just want people to put themselves in their shoes. Ranting is fine. Just don't escalate it past that. People have a tendency of going beyond that and not realize what they have on their plate. As long as there are people still ranting about the issue, it lets the team know that there is still an issue. If the rants and complaint stop, then they will think the issue is resolved, even though it is not. How else will the players communicate to the GM's about an issue that is going on.