[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

New Path Points and the system (btw I'm DarkKnight

Raiden25Raiden25
Vindictus Rep: 850
in General Discussion
So I'm kinda unsure what points I should put in the path skills. I was wondering if someone had done like wiki update of it or maybe a video about it.

Comments

• Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    edited June 23, 2017
    You'll eventually be able to max all skills. I can give some pointers so you can figure out what to prioritize, but it's still fresh at the moment, so I can't give any reliable advice. I'll also say that other than active skills and Petrify vs Slowed, Paladins and Dark Knights are the exact same.

I'd prioritize ranking Passion I and/or Revelation/Grace: Fatigue. If you have SP skills to do more damage, then you will want Fatigue - otherwise you'll want Passion to extend your trans time. At rank A, Fatigue will give you 150% extra SP, making Cat Statue give you 625 SP. When ranking Fatigue, bear in mind that it no longer costs 500 SP to activate 2nd trans. Similarly, take Passion II to extend 2nd trans.

If you actually enter 2nd trans pretty often, then rank up Revelation/Grace: Stamina. Transcendence should be the last thing you rank up unless you actually have the gear already to make it useful. Rank Grasp/Steal followed by the active abilities for more damage, then Duration, and then the Grasp/Steal additions. Most of the time you'll be using trans during boss battles, so Duration and the Grasp/Steal additions won't really see much benefit.

Resistance is a preference issue, and still the same as before the update; it prevents you from being knocked down completely by dropping you to one knee instead. You'll have some invulnerability time, but your positioning could lead to further punishment when you stand back up. Since potion animation has been reduced to a 5 second CD, it's really up to you how much time you're willing to spend on the ground, the positional disadvantages of being knocked back or knocked down as well as getting back up, and the potential damage you'll receive from the follow-up attacks.

-Spending Restrictions-
    Almost everything that can be ranked will be maxed out at rank A (rank C for Duration and Divine Punishment / Firestorm, and they will get incredibly costly. It can cost up 5000 TP just to get from rank B to rank A on 2nd trans skills. The standard 80,000 trans points (TP) from already having level 40 transformation is not enough the max everything because of the new active skills raising the TP required to max everything to 95,000 TP. Furthermore, ranks are level restricted, so you do have to level up before maxing everything.

-1st & 2nd Transformation-
    The first trans will last 70 seconds and be extended by Passion I up to a maximum of 30 seconds at rank A. Duration, which maxes out at rank C, will increase your trans time by 5 seconds every time you kill an enemy - theoretically leading to infinite trans time. 2nd trans will still overwrite the duration of 1st trans and will only last 30 seconds (+25 seconds at rank A Passion II). 2nd trans requires 15 AP instead of 10 now, but it doesn't cost 500 SP.

-Spear of Stigma / Trails of Light-
    Depending on if you are Dark Knight or Paladin, you will have one of these skills, and they can be used outside of transformation at the cost of 250 SP. It's a nice active.
    Prototypemind
  • XaldinZXaldinZ
    Vindictus Rep: 475
    Transendace is pretty strong IMO
    Id rank Passion I II Duration Fatigue and Transendace only if i had limited points to.
  • LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    Vindictus Rep: 5,275
    Order5 wrote: »
    You'll eventually be able to max all skills. <snip>

-Spending Restrictions-
    Almost everything that can be ranked will be maxed out at rank A, and they will get incredibly costly. Even the standard 80,000 trans points (TP) I got from already having level 40 transformation was not enough the max everything.

@Order5
    You seemingly contradicted yourself by saying you'll be able to max all skills and then later saying that lv40 transformation was not enough to max everything. What am I missing here?

A full guide would be nice. I'm holding off until I can learn more about these skills since there is no undo button.
  • XaldinZXaldinZ
    edited June 23, 2017
    LVL40 gave us 80k Points BUT the cap is 110k points. bassically they didnt give us all the points for FULL as they added a few new things.
  • Order5Order5
    edited June 23, 2017
    LoLoBooty wrote: »
    @Order5
    You seemingly contradicted yourself by saying you'll be able to max all skills and then later saying that lv40 transformation was not enough to max everything. What am I missing here?

A full guide would be nice. I'm holding off until I can learn more about these skills since there is no undo button.
    XaldinZ wrote: »
    LVL40 gave us 80k Points BUT the cap is 110k points. bassically they didnt give us all the points for FULL as they added a few new things.

@LoLoBooty
    All Path experience has been converted to TP. As XaldinZ said, you are only awarded 80k TP from having level 40 Path prior to the update because that was the level cap (2000 experience per level), but that is not enough to max every skill. You will still gain up to 100 TP per transformation (110 with guild bonus) and can still rank up skills until everything is maxed.

EDIT:
    Contradicting what XaldinZ says about the TP cap being 110k, you currently only need 95k TP to max all skills. You would have been able to max all the skills with just the 80k TP alone, but the two new skills each require 7500 TP to max.
    LoLoBooty
  • XaldinZXaldinZ
    edited June 23, 2017
    Although if there is one Skill id leave out is Enroach for DK ( the +Damage on Fissure)
    The chars i DIDNT touch enroach could Max EVERYTHING but that.

I am unsure tho if i would do the same on paladin as convinction is kinda sweet
  • RyanReynoldsRyanReynolds
    Vindictus Rep: 1,795
    Does anyone know how the new Trans work not?

I have noticed, some times I get 3 trans an hour. next hour I will get 0 trans, hour after that I get 1 trans????
  • Order5Order5
    edited June 23, 2017
    Somewhat off-topic, but since so many people have asked about it: You can still trans more than 3 times per day!

Transformation uses a charge/token counter based on a 300-point system, and you get one charge every 100 points. You can see your points by hovering over any trans skill:

JcUxX4a.jpg

Also, you are still restricted to one trans per mission.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>EDIT>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Methods of regaining points:

-You will regain one point every minute until you reach 100 points - even while logged off. After you reach 100 points, it stops.
    -Completing missions regains 7 points from each regardless of mode, daily, or raid. However, I have gotten 20 points from normal Shakarr and Ben Chenner Summit for reasons unknown yet.
    DinahLoLoBooty
  • MyurokiMyuroki
    Vindictus Rep: 420
    My plan: Trans durations and time extension -> ball / beam things from smashes -> SP / stam regen -> actives -> att limit removal
    - wants trans to last long enough to be worth using
    - extra damage and minor crowd control is nice
    - i'm not spamming skills smashes, so SP / stam not as big concern (and char has skills to offset when i need)
    - the T1 actives have like a small cast time, so i usually don't use them as much, T2 is as useful as before
    - i'm not near the limit for later content, so removing it is not priority

I just miss my Trans 2 for my sub 90 chars T-T
  • XaldinZXaldinZ
    You get 100 TP by time passing by. you can get additional 200TP for a total of 300 by completing battles
    You need 100 TP for a trans.
    Dinah
  • ShadowMadaraShadowMadara
    Vindictus Rep: 2,260
    edited June 23, 2017
    So uh is it possible to max all the skills?
  • XaldinZXaldinZ
    Yes Yes it is.
  • XaldinZXaldinZ
    Myuroki wrote: »
    - the T1 actives have like a small cast time, so i usually don't use them as much, T2 is as useful as before
    I have managed to screen an instance where my T1 Active the SpiritBomb One (ball)) did 110k dmg
    i thinks it well worth the wait. The Spear one is a little bit weird. ive seen it hit 7k ive seen it hit 80k Not sure whats up with that
  • Raiden25Raiden25
    Vindictus Rep: 850
    edited November 15, 2019
    o