[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Sword Lann DPS Rotation

CubanBoyzCubanBoyz
Vindictus Rep: 400
in Lann
I haven't played in a while, and I was wondering what is the optimal/meta DPS rotation for Lann in sandbox sitations, and for bosses who are constantly moving.

Back when I used to play, it was LLRL(Pummel Storm?)->GF->LF and Slashing High -> Double Crescent for sandbox situations. Is this still the case for DPS, or has it changed?

Comments

• AequipondiumAequipondium
    Vindictus Rep: 1,965
    edited June 22, 2017
    That rotation's definitely up there in terms of deeps, yes. But the kind of rotation you use is generally dependent on how much time you have to attack, and which rotation would give you the most optimal positioning.

For example, against a boss like Willy flint from ship graveyard, you would use your normal attacks to move and "dodge" the spinning pink attacks - so it doesn't really matter much which smash you're going to use as long as you land the smash. Look up YouTube videos of sword Lanns doing this boss on einrach and you'll see what I mean.

Basically, I'm saying optimal dps is achieved if you spend less time dodging (so use glides, gust sting and normal attacks to dodge instead of space bar).

As for absolute optimal dps in a sandbag situation, I would personally spam gust sting(the running one) to fish for glides. But if you have a boat load of attack speed, consider using fanning slash to fish for glides. All the smashes are pretty balanced tbh, it's just situational.

EDIT: The reason I'm not talking about double crescent is because in most of my einrach experiences double crescent's too slow for me to squeeze in a glide, it's good damage but I want my glides.