[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

About addition damage

BoatGodBoatGod
Vindictus Rep: 2,575
in General Discussion
does that mean Kai is best character if he has high additional damage, since its applied to his normal attack now?
I'm curious since I don't have a +13 weapon on him and what his damage numbers looks like now.

Also curious about what you guys think about the buff on additional damage
  1. Nerf, buff or keep the current additional damage14 votes
    1. Nerf
       71% (10 votes)
    2. Buff
       0% (0 votes)
    3. Keep
       29% (4 votes)

Comments

• DownIoadDownIoad
    Vindictus Rep: 2,185
    lYf8XmC.png
  • JessGameJessGame
    Vindictus Rep: 1,870
    DownIoad wrote: »
    lYf8XmC.png

He was reffering to left clicks i think.

@Boat,still dont know.Other classes use normal hits a lot.Sylas lands in average 3-4 normal hits before landing smahes,other characters might use them as well.
  • SekaiizSekaiiz
    Vindictus Rep: 2,290
    That's not how add dmg works. It's applied before the multiplier, so it doesnt matter if your character attacks more or not.
  • JessGameJessGame
    Sekaiiz wrote: »
    That's not how add dmg works. It's applied before the multiplier, so it doesnt matter if your character attacks more or not.

He is refering to the fact that some classes use *normal hits* a lot more than others versus the ones that are almost landing smashes only.
  • SekaiizSekaiiz
    Vindictus Rep: 2,290
    edited June 21, 2017
    JessGame wrote: »
    Sekaiiz wrote: »

He is refering to the fact that some classes use *normal hits* a lot more than others versus the ones that are almost landing smashes only.

That still doesnt matter since add dmg is still applied before the normal hit multiplier. This is like saying "I have 23k atk, does this mean I deal more dmg because I do 23k more often/faster than other classes?"

Lemme simplify this:

What does add dmg do?

Take add dmg, times by 6.25, add to your current attack. Thats your new attack with add dmg.
  • JessGameJessGame
    Well,everytime i build a combo,i either do Left-left-left than right

or *left,left,left,left than right

Before update(average)

*350+350+350+350+700

After update(average)

(1200+1200+1200+2200) multiplied by the number of times i use it for the duration of the battle

Influence after update on:
    1-Normal +smash oriented character=Damage influence on Normal hits+Smashes

2-Characters that mostly lands smashes=Damage influence on Samshes only,barely noticable for normal hits(their normal hits are still buffed but you dont feel it as much since they don't land a lot)

Now if you remove normal hits additional damage,but keep the new effect for smashes

Sylas still has to left-left-left-left

(350+350+350+750),to than use a smash that has been equally buffed to the ones used by other characters,considering equal stats.