[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Enchanting Rank 9 and 8 booming

JinyieJinyie
Vindictus Rep: 1,830
in General Discussion
So with this update will things like Well-balanced and Enthus still boom our gear? I know there was already a slight enchant scroll revamp, but I'm not sure if it applied to rank 9s and 8s

Comments

• dazedgumballdazedgumball
    Vindictus Rep: 7,725
    Jinyie wrote: »
    So with this update will things like Well-balanced and Enthus still boom our gear? I know there was already a slight enchant scroll revamp, but I'm not sure if it applied to rank 9s and 8s

No. Rank 9 and 8 enchants will not destroy gear. Only rank 7 and 6 will.
  • TwilightSparkleTwilightSparkle
    Vindictus Rep: 2,440
    they said on stream they're not sure
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    edited June 21, 2017
    On the stream, Eghess said rank 9 and 8 will still blow up your gear...and I'm not seeing any mention anywhere in the patch notes...
    DownIoad
  • AtsouAtsou
    Vindictus Rep: 955
    Order5 wrote: »
    On the stream, Eghess said rank 9 and 8 will still blow up your gear...and I'm not seeing any mention anywhere in the patch notes...

He did not directly say that. We have to just test it out for ourselves +pain
  • PuppymanPuppyman
    Vindictus Rep: 3,055
    edited June 21, 2017
    I do believe the blow up thing was with Dullahan (basically back in december) for KR

So nah, they bumped up many enchant's ranks and they now blow up stuff too (presumably)

Bound to run into issues like this when updates are skipped.
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    edited June 21, 2017
    Atsou wrote: »
    Order5 wrote: »

He did not directly say that. We have to just test it out for ourselves +pain

@Atsou

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/153269677
    31:40 Eghess directly said "everything from rank 6 to rank 9 will break your items".
  • SlothPrincessSlothPrincess
    Vindictus Rep: 1,420
    Patch notes say that "Descriptions will now show if an item will be destroyed if the enchant fails"
  • SekaiizSekaiiz
    Vindictus Rep: 2,290
    Patch notes say that "Descriptions will now show if an item will be destroyed if the enchant fails"

Given past incidences, I don't think trusting patch notes or in-game tool tips is good idea.
  • PixelPantsuPixelPantsu
    Vindictus Rep: 1,960
    I'm just sad rank A scrolls were turned back into rank 9 or 8 :c
  • LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    Vindictus Rep: 5,275
    edited June 22, 2017
    edit