[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Minimal specs for decent gaming?

VillainnVillainn
Vindictus Rep: 830
in General Discussion
What are the good specs since the game has been updated, the minimal specs listed is a lie.

Also what works best for this game? Amd, intel, or a mix?
My specs are 540m Nvidia, 6gb ram, 2.3-2.9GHz processor. I had 4gb which was sluggish. Couldn't even host 3 others well. Now I can host 5-7 well depending on map.

Comments

• PlaksterPlakster
    Vindictus Rep: 1,705
    edited June 17, 2017
    i think intel/nvidia seem to work best for this game

im using this:

CPU: I7 5820k overclock to 4.3ghz
    Video Card: nvidia GTX 1080 MSI
    Ram: Corsair 32G Vengeance LPX 3000hz

i have this game on max settings i can stream and host 8 man and still get great fps i do get some spikes but that just the game :P
  • iMiniiMini
    Vindictus Rep: 2,065
    edited June 17, 2017
    This game is more CPU-heavy than it is GPU. A decent GPU is enough for this game, but a CPU with a strong single-core performance will do you well as this game uses one core; two with multi-processing on. This is why Intel is more preferred, I think.

That said, even though I have a good CPU I still get frame drops in certain battles while hosting with multi on; battles such as Lugh, Pantheon, and Juggernaut. Frames can be at 60 for a handful of raids, but drops below in those. Never lower than 30fps though. I can say for certain the drops are not because of my set-up, but it's definitely due to the lack of optimization. Hiding the UI will increase frames a whole lot.

My rig:

CPU: i7 6700k
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070
    RAM: 16GB DDR4 - 2400mhz
    All at factory clocks.
  • LoadsamoneyLoadsamoney
    Vindictus Rep: 655
    My rig:

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2
    GPU: Radeon HD 5570
    RAM: 5GB DDR3

Nothing overclocked, I get ass performance with the UI on, lots of stuttering, frame dips and bad rates in general (medium settings), but a solid 60fps with the UI off.

I know my specs meet the minimum requirements, it's just this game is terribly optimized.
  • JessGameJessGame
    Vindictus Rep: 1,870
    edited June 17, 2017
    Plakster wrote: »
    i think intel/nvidia seem to work best for this game

im using this:

CPU: I7 5820k overclock to 4.3ghz
    Video Card: nvidia GTX 1080 MSI
    Ram: Corsair 32G Vengeance LPX 3000hz

i have this game on max settings i can stream and host 8 man and still get great fps i do get some spikes but that just the game :P

This^

My 8 years old INTel(XPS 9100)was hosting much better than my actual AMD 6300/6 Core Processor 3,5 GHz.I could host 8 people party for a good couple years with it.With my current AMD, i can host 1 person correctly even thoe my connection is really fit for the game(Cable/extra fast).

AMD gives better options in term of pricing and will still give you a *respectable* level of performance.However when it comes to Multi tasking,AMD suffers a lot.Also,Vindictus seems to be special(extra demanding) in term of hosting and i think that if you want to constantly host you'd be better off with a decent Intel processor.The game seems to put a lot of *stress* on PC components and you need a build that is strong enough to wisthand it over a good period of time.Maybe not necessarely over a 2K budget but realistically i think between 1-2k(CAD)

I do plan to eventually switch back to InTel
    For video Card,i have been using GTX 960 for the past 2 years.It's enough for me i enjoy the game on low graphics and i can't play with (effect from other players high),anyway because(1:30:27 to 1:30:33):

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/152175140

Apparently,you might want to get a graphic card that has 4 GB Ram minimum

Other than that i would reccomand the best cooling possible without necessarely killing your wallet,but the game does stress the PC a lot and it will warm up.

Anyway,with the build that Plakster posted you would have more than enough,the little technicalities that you could encounter there and there would be on the game's side.

This is just from personal observations and quick researches,but im definitely not expert with computers^^^^

EDIT

If i do a very quick search,i would say something like that would be a *realistic minimal requirement* to host,record and everything.The price is in Canadian currency and i guess someone with more knowledge could build something similar for cheaper?

(You could still use a weaker graphic card i think)
    https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883230168

As you said,the minimal requirement posted on the site are not enough to play this particular game in a comfortable way.
    PixelPantsu
  • PixelPantsuPixelPantsu
    Vindictus Rep: 1,960
    Definitely intel/nividia

Mine;
    CPU; Intel - Pentium G3258 overclocked to 4.2
    GPU; GeForce GTX 950 2GB Superclocked+ ACX 2.0
    RAM; Team - Elite Plus 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3

I can host 8 man's for s1-s3 pretty well on normal settings.
    I do plan on changing the cpu to a better one later in life since I built mine last summer+haha
  • VillainnVillainn
    Vindictus Rep: 830
    Anyone with Ryzen build? How does your pc hold up?
  • MrGattoMrGatto
    Vindictus Rep: 1,575
    edited June 18, 2017
    Villainn wrote: »
    Anyone with Ryzen build? How does your pc hold up?

Not me ofc but theres a topic with a Video test and some discussion:

http://forums.vindictus.nexon.net/discussion/4429/vindi-still-hate-amd-cpu-or-ryzen-hosting-test/p1

Personally I'm playing the game on a budget system like:

i 3 4160 cpu
    Gigabyte GTX 950 Xtreme
    2x 4GB DDR 3
    Win 7 ultimate
    1920x1080 resolution on fairly high settings,mainly lowered the cpu heavy settings and some that I don't care about.

Can host pretty much anything,S3 and some S2 raids only with multi core tho otherwise its unplayable for me.

Game is just really badly optimized and it was barely utilizing even my gpu,had to actually make the game look better/more gpu demanding with some extra settings in Nvidia Inspector to stress it somewhat and I'm still CPU bottlenecked in the game:P
    But then again,with 4 players being the max party size for most runs in the upcoming update,I wouldn't worry about that anymore.

Tbh buying/building an expensive overkill PC just for Vindi is a waste of money :|
    PixelPantsu
  • SamalenkoSamalenko
    Vindictus Rep: 1,475
    Using a laptop with GTX 1050 Ti and i7 7700 HQ. Nearly have everything on ultra and also SSAO effect is on. ~45 FPS in general. Can host
  • RossaryRossary
    Vindictus Rep: 890
    In ages ago when i wasnt IP blocked, i was playin with i3 6100 740gt

on 720p thou about 45-60 fps
  • RobertLiviaRobertLivia
    Vindictus Rep: 2,905
    If you are looking for a budget pc to run vindictus at 50-60 fps, even in 8 man raids.

Intel® Pentium® Processor G4560 (Kaby-Lake generation)
    It runs @3.5 Ghz It is a dual core with multi threading. So 2 physical cores 2 virtual ones. (Like I3)
    It costs around 65 $

I have that paired with a GTX 750 ti and 8 gb of ddr4 ram.
    Vindi runs at 60 fps mostly, 50-60 in 8 man parties.

PixelPantsu
  • JynXiJynXi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,025
    Lets see how RISE does improve the cpu useage on AMD users.

I'm curious if the game will be 'optimized', or if just the 8 man parties going to 4 man parties 'fixes the cpu useage'