[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Premium Enchant Runes Departing Supply Depot

TetsujinTetsujin
Vindictus Rep: 1,660
in General Discussion
Why are they being removed ? Really strange decision ... lcAWMU8.png
With the quickly approaching Rise: Revolution update to Vindictus, one additional change is coming to prepare for. As a result of other changes coming to Vindictus, we will be removing the Premium Enchant Rune from the shop.

Any Premium Enchant Runes already obtained, one way or another, will still function as normal after the update, but if you want any new ones to lean on, you have a limited time to stock up!
http://vindictus.nexon.net/news/23346/premium-enchant-runes-departing-supply-depot

Comments

• hornywatermelonhornywatermelon
    Vindictus Rep: 3,985
    I'd wager it has to do with removal of most scrolls as well as upping and the chance of success and that most scrolls won't be able to break your equipment.
  • TetsujinTetsujin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,660
    The success chance change is very minor for Rank 8 (50% instead of 40%) and no change at all for Rank 7 ? HXsuoE4.png

And the scrolls they've removed are the cheap ones, for which most people wouldn't spend money to avoid wasting the scroll.
  • jeddyhijeddyhi
    Vindictus Rep: 1,880
    15 dollars for a rune. Never purchased one.
  • AtsouAtsou
    Vindictus Rep: 955
    It was probably the go 2 rune for ppl who had no ingame money to guarantee success. Kinda strange to remove it
  • CarmelSanCarmelSan
    Vindictus Rep: 400
    Hm, I think it's because if you fail the same scroll 4 times you can trade in the pieces for a 100% success scroll chance of the same one.
  • KevinKevin
    Vindictus Rep: 750
    edited June 17, 2017
    CarmelSan wrote: »
    Hm, I think it's because if you fail the same scroll 4 times you can trade in the pieces for a 100% success scroll chance of the same one.

But what if it takes me a week to find someone selling a scroll? If I use a premium rune, I would be able to guarantee a success with that scroll eventually, but now if it fails, I'd have to spend another week looking for another seller which is the worst part of enchanting imo
  • CarmelSanCarmelSan
    Vindictus Rep: 400
    Kevin wrote: »

But what if it takes me a week to find someone selling a scroll? If I use a premium rune, I would be able to guarantee a success with that scroll eventually, but now if it fails, I'd have to spend another week looking for another seller which is the worst part of enchanting imo

Yeah, that's true. Your other option would be to just use exquisites or slap a perpetual on it until you find some other sellers before you enchant. ):
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530

You're thinking of Exquisite Enchant Runes, not Premium. Premiums give you a second try with the scroll if you fail. Still not sure why they're getting rid of them as they'd generate extra revenue, but whateva.
  • KevinKevin
    edited June 17, 2017

You're thinking of Exquisite Enchant Runes, not Premium. Premiums give you a second try with the scroll if you fail. Still not sure why they're getting rid of them as they'd generate extra revenue, but whateva.

I was not thinking about Exquisites.
    guarantee a success with that scroll eventually

But I agree, weird choice taking them out of the depot. Curious as to why.
  • RizzleRizzle
    Vindictus Rep: 1,860
    Pressure sales. They'll bring them back at some point. They just trying to put the squeeze on players. Ever see all the ads for "Toyota-thon"? "Times running out! Get yours today!" But I cant recall a time that wasn't "Toyota-thon."
    Tetsujin

How does a Premium guarantee success eventually? On top of which you could try four times with a regular rune and then get a 100% scroll for your troubles. I mean, it's strange that they're taking the runes out, but I'm certain people would have still bought them. I'm surprised at Nexon doing something that could in terms of stats be more favorable for the majority of players.
  • KevinKevin
    edited June 17, 2017

How does a Premium guarantee success eventually? On top of which you could try four times with a regular rune and then get a 100% scroll for your troubles. I mean, it's strange that they're taking the runes out, but I'm certain people would have still bought them. I'm surprised at Nexon doing something that could in terms of stats be more favorable for the majority of players.

Because if I keep using premium runes then I will eventually pass with that scroll without the need to buy another scroll..
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    Rise update brings benefits to fail enchant & enhancement process, like rune shards/pieces which can be assembled. I don't know if premium runes are affected by it, but either way it could be displeasing. I guess they will be still able to obtain, but just through events/sales.
    Because if I keep using premium runes then I will eventually pass with that scroll without the need to buy another scroll..
    Except that literally does not guarantee that you ever pass it. Your long run odds of success are always greater having a 100% chance after failing four times than continuing to fail at 50% or less success chance. You might feel I'm being pedantic, but the fact is that if you had two groups, one that always used Premium Runes and one group that always used regular and got 100% scrolls after the fourth failure, the group that used regular runes would come out ahead in the long run because of the 100% stick scroll that they get.
  • jeddyhijeddyhi
    Vindictus Rep: 1,880
    What is this 100% scroll if you fail 4 times? Never heard of it.
  • KevinKevin
    edited June 20, 2017
    Except that literally does not guarantee that you ever pass it. Your long run odds of success are always greater having a 100% chance after failing four times than continuing to fail at 50% or less success chance. You might feel I'm being pedantic, but the fact is that if you had two groups, one that always used Premium Runes and one group that always used regular and got 100% scrolls after the fourth failure, the group that used regular runes would come out ahead in the long run because of the 100% stick scroll that they get.

That's not my point. My point is that with premium, within resonable statistical odds, I will get the enchant on my equipment with only having to buy that single scroll without needing to buy any more scrolls. With the new method, I will have to fail 4 scrolls before I get the 100%. In this case, I don't care if it takes a billion runes. I'll still only need one scroll.

Taking the Starlight's enchant as an example. Back when TD released, there were people who wanted this enchant but it was exceptionally rare. They wouldn't care if they got a 100% scroll after 4 fails. You could be waiting months just to find a single person selling this scroll. It would take forever just to find 4 to fail for the 100%. In this case they could just use premiums until success.
  • LoadsamoneyLoadsamoney
    Vindictus Rep: 655
    Well, we all know Rise is gonna make this game less P2W, so here's hoping.