[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

New Player: Transformations

CrossarmCrossarm
Vindictus Rep: 200
in General Discussion
Hello,
I am pretty new to the game so be a little patient with me. I am curious on how the path system is currently operating. I tried to look at guides on how to rank up my paladin to get the second transformation but most of the guides seems to refer to content that does not seem to be part of the game.

My question, what is the process of ranking up my paladin?

Comments

• ChiyemiChiyemi
    Vindictus Rep: 560
    You level it up by transforming in battle. Every time you transform , you gain experience.
  • DownIoadDownIoad
    Vindictus Rep: 2,185
    Chiyemi wrote: »
    You level it up by transforming in battle. Every time you transform , you gain experience.

Just to add, you can transform once per hour.
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    Current transformation system has not changed since the beginning of the game. Every time You transform, You will gain variable amount of transformation experience (up to 120 or 150 if I recall correctly). You need 2000 transformation experience to level it up, with maximum level of 40 (total of 80 000 exp). Each level gains a talent/skill point You can spend in the transformation tree. Because amount of levels is limited, so are the points, therefore You can't max everything like it is with normal skills via AP.

However, one of the future updates (probably the one next week will include that) brings a rework to the entire system. Transformation skills will be moved to the same window as normal skills, some of them will be changed, there will be few new as well. On top of it, currently assigned skills will be reset and levels removed - gained transformation experience so far will be turned into transformation points (so progress is not lost), which works like AP including no more limitations. That being said You will be eventually able to upgrade everything.
    More information on the changes (comparing to old system) here: http://forums.vindictus.nexon.net/discussion/3259/transformation-changes , but I suggest You don't bother with it. As far I know You will be able to rechoose transformation when that happens.

If You still want to make a build for current system - I believe it depends on the class You are playing. You can toy around using this: http://vindictusinn.com/transbuild

I believe the following is default and useful for AP hungry characters:
    • 1 point per orb (grasp) talent
    • 1 point in GRACE: REGENERATION
    • none in GRACE: STAMINA and DISCIPLINE
    • none in PACT: 3RD TRANSFORMATION, as it's placeholder for non-existing transformation, which got removed in rework
    • MAX everything else

If your character is not AP hungry, maybe try fiddling around maxing improvement of the active ability (DISCIPLINE; I don't know if it's efficient), and if it's stamina hungry (should have taken Dark Knight then though) - GRACE: STAMINA.
  • CrossarmCrossarm
    Vindictus Rep: 200
    Okay, I guess I just don't have enough points yet to see the any new skill pop up. thanks!