[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

What do you think the odds are that...

LoadsamoneyLoadsamoney
Vindictus Rep: 655
edited June 10, 2017 in General Discussion
...the upcoming Rise update, with its reported changes and improvements to overall performance, will actually make a significant improvement in the performance of this game?

And by significant, I mean fix the problems with stuttering/frame skipping and make the game actually playable for people again?

Comments

• ArixArix
    Vindictus Rep: 1,880
    my only hope for is the be able to play smoothly with the UI again.
    Dokkun
  • PuppymanPuppyman
    Vindictus Rep: 3,055
    edited June 10, 2017
    We can only hope
    If we can get more people the ability to host, that'd be great and beneficial.
  • LoadsamoneyLoadsamoney
    How exactly does this update improve performance though? Is it going to fix the CPU-hungry UI? Is it just going to optimize the game a little better? What exactly do we know about it?
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    We dont really know anything about it. I honestly dont get the complaints about poor performance...im using a laptop that is over 3 year sold (which was on sale when i bought it, meaning that the store was about to replace it with the next generation of laptops) and i have decent FPS with no issues in 8 man parties unless i am hosting, and I don't even run my processor at full speed (its usually at 2.8-3 ghz) The only real issues with hosting are for battles without multi processing. Even then, i could host 8 man s2 raids if i lowered my graphics to dx8, and this was before multi processing existed.

In my experience, most of the people that ive talked to with performance issues (excluding hosting) were either running VERY old setups or their CPU/GPU were downclocking to save power and they didnt realise it.
  • KaiTheArcherKaiTheArcher
    Vindictus Rep: 735
    the micro stuttering is pretty much confirmed to be a side effect of extra security measure nexon KR puts in place on NA client to prevent code leaking. If you ask me that is unlikely to go away anytime soon
  • LoadsamoneyLoadsamoney
    edited June 14, 2017
    the micro stuttering is pretty much confirmed to be a side effect of extra security measure nexon KR puts in place on NA client to prevent code leaking. If you ask me that is unlikely to go away anytime soon

Well how do I play without that? I tried to disable it once by killing it in the task manager, and immediately afterwords my game booted me out because of "unauthorized program detected."

If it matters, my PC is a dual-core AMD Athlon 64 X2. Their combined processing speed is 2.9ghz.
  • NecrochildNecrochild
    Vindictus Rep: 3,325
    I appreciate your optimism, but if it's anything like past "performance updates", I wouldn't hold your breath.

We did have one a while back that helped a lot, and then any performance gained was pretty much lost in subsequent updates.
  • oCharlotteoCharlotte
    Vindictus Rep: 1,345
    4a1c4153256d09f67055593bbba7edc0.png

Am I reading that correctly? An even harder experience getting a +15 weapon now being replaced by a even harder +20 preview. Nice.
  • PixelPantsuPixelPantsu
    Vindictus Rep: 1,960
    oCharlotte wrote: »
    4a1c4153256d09f67055593bbba7edc0.png

Am I reading that correctly? An even harder experience getting a +15 weapon now being replaced by a even harder +20 preview. Nice.

Unfortunately, yes