[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Attack Speed Sweet Spots

xHariNezumixHariNezumi
Vindictus Rep: 685
in Sylas
What do you guys think are sweet spots for Sylas' speed? I just hit 87 speed, up from 81, and it's been a very noticeable difference. I still felt really slow at 81, but I finally feel fast at 87. I'm just wondering what speeds other Sylas players think is a good spot. I remember 63 speed was when I first said "Yeah, this is viable."

Comments

• JessGameJessGame
    Vindictus Rep: 1,870
    What do you guys think are sweet spots for Sylas' speed? I just hit 87 speed, up from 81, and it's been a very noticeable difference. I still felt really slow at 81, but I finally feel fast at 87. I'm just wondering what speeds other Sylas players think is a good spot. I remember 63 speed was when I first said "Yeah, this is viable."

You can feel fast depending on what you use,but i would say that it's specifically Spirit Rend and the stalling moment before cyclone Saw that can make Sylas slow.He also has a if i may say glue-ing effect after Illusion Fist.

I have been at 95 speed and now im trying 82 speed because i wanted to test with more criticals.Now that i have been at 95 i have to say i feel slow at 82.It's enough to fight properly,but it doesn't let you Spirit Rend/Cyclone Saw in a very safe way.At 95 i have the time to use it and get out in a more comfortable way.

Only thing is that it's really while im using Werewolf Paw that i can exploit Cyclone saw more.At 95 i have *in average* time to fit about the same amount of Spirit Rend/Cylcone Saw than at 82 speed.Main differance it that ill have more time in between to fit some normal attacks and release shards,use Spectral sting,ect.

After RISE update,our normal hits will be boosted by additional damage so it could encourage having higher speed more,we will also have a bigger stamina pool(around 230 i think).

As of right now you will play better at 95 for sure,but the % of dps that you gain is not significant as on other classes due to stamina limitation and the fact that our shards are unafected by aditional damage.

I am going to revert my stats at around 96 speed soon,maybe more,i'll let you know.I do think that speed could be more rewarding after RISE thoe.

• JessGameJessGame
    I also have to add that i overlooked something.I switched to Werewolf Paw not too long ago and i forgot to put Berserker on it.So i had the impression that having 95 speed was burning my stamina too quick.Also i Einlach you don't have an Artifact equiped so i didn't have a Berserker to back my Stamina up.:

95 speed/no Berserker

I just fixed my gear back to 95 but i have Berserker now and it feels very smooth yes.I'll update further as for damage comparison.
  • xHariNezumixHariNezumi
    edited June 12, 2017
    JessGame wrote: »
    I also have to add that i overlooked something.I switched to Werewolf Paw not too long ago and i forgot to put Berserker on it.So i had the impression that having 95 speed was burning my stamina too quick.Also i Einlach you don't have an Artifact equiped so i didn't have a Berserker to back my Stamina up.

I just fixed my gear back to 95 but i have Berserker now and it feels very smooth yes.I'll update further as for damage comparison.

That's what I'm aiming for when I'm done, 93 speed. I definitely recognized the difference when I popped Berserker on as well. I honestly didn't find Sylas that playable...well competitive at 80 speed (I'm also not exactly amazing at this class lol). But now that I'm nearing 90, he's finally feeling competent enough because I can work in those saws easier

Oh and yeah, I put Berserker on my cat necklace, since I know I'll always be wearing that
  • JessGameJessGame
    edited June 12, 2017
    JessGame wrote: »
    I also have to add that i overlooked something.I switched to Werewolf Paw not too long ago and i forgot to put Berserker on it.So i had the impression that having 95 speed was burning my stamina too quick.Also i Einlach you don't have an Artifact equiped so i didn't have a Berserker to back my Stamina up.

That's what I'm aiming for when I'm done, 93 speed. I definitely recognized the difference when I popped Berserker on as well. I honestly didn't find Sylas that playable...well competitive at 80 speed (I'm also not exactly amazing at this class lol). But now that I'm nearing 90, he's finally feeling competent enough because I can work in those saws easier

Oh and yeah, I put Berserker on my cat necklace, since I know I'll always be wearing that

Ya,i did get Cat Statue as Artifact even thoe most people told me to get Werewolf Paw.I wanted to see for myself.Cat Statue is very good,but i miscalculated my things.I got a Greater Werewolf Paw about 1 week ago and it's definitely better on Sylas,for the battles that we have now.Especially since as you know Cyclone Saw can be pretty difficult to fit in some contexts.

If you ever switch to Werewolf Paw,i definitely suggest to get the greater one,it's 300 seals wich is a lot,but it's also 30 seconds instead of 20 seconds duration.It has a 2 minutes cooldown,from the time you use it,so by the time your buff is over,you only have 1 minute 30 to wait before being able to use it again.

I don't exactly understand how the speed scalings works and what point you have to reach to feel a differance but i definitely got a dps boost with my latest build.The previous one was giving me 82 speed and 132 crit and i was getting worst performances than now where i have 95 speed and 122 critical,even in Neamhain where the critical cap is 140.

So to be fair Sylas could probably use a speed boost like Sword Vella,Hurk and many other characters,but for now,gotta do with what we have.I think that what your aiming for is a good idea.

EDIT
    Oh lol i misread something,when i saw Cat necklace i taught of Mysterious Cat Statue,nvm that part.

One last thing i forgot to mention,when i was around 53 attack speed,i switched my characters height to minimum,with an alteration coupon.The differance was enough for to have to readjust my Spirit Rend timing(it does increase your speed).He does looks very small at minimum height,but i can live with that.
  • JessGameJessGame
    edited June 12, 2017
    Cancel
  • xHariNezumixHariNezumi
    Yeah, I liked my Sylas at lower height, but I bumped him up to near max height because of aesthetics. I think height affecting speed is suuuuuch a dumb mechanic, I wish they would remove it already. I don't know if it was ever intended anyway. But yeah, after seeing what I can do with higher speed, I'm feeling alright sacrificing a little critical to bump my speed. I can switch my Immoral to Righteous now and still have 126 crit, before my Neam/Ein/1 more from my weapon shard/No subdued.

So actually I can hit 140+ critical if I get that stuff done. There's potential here. I just wish I were passionate about Sylas, and skilled enough with him, to do better with what I have lol. I just use him for occasional boss solo's and dungeon runs.
  • SaphreeSaphree
    Vindictus Rep: 2,280
    I have 73 and do fine with that and paw
  • JessGameJessGame
    edited July 16, 2017
    Saphree wrote: »
    I have 73 and do fine with that and paw

Oh 73 is more than enough to do fine indeed.My 1st Neamhain runs where @ 53,than 72 later,without Werewolf Paw.You get to use Cycone Edge/Crash,spacebar Phantom shooter a lot more that's it.

I think that the thread maker was reffering to the point where you can use your longer smashes before getting interupted.On other classes,you can get to the point where you are always ahead of the bosses pattern even below 50 attack speed and without Paw,because of their speed boosters and their quick conveniant blocks/counters/movements,ect.Every time we interupt our Cyclone saw combo to dodge and than let the 6 shards go with Phantom Shooter,we kind of loose 50% of damage.In that regard for having testing it i would say 96 to 102 would be the comfortable spot,when Werewolf Paw is not active,althoe not necessary at all especially if you are not too invested in Sylas.

I would say 53 attack speed is the range of speed i was in for the longest.It was still very fun and playable for pretty much any raid,even before the mini improvements that Sylas received last year.

I started using Werewolf Paw only around June and than got curious of how Sylas would do with superior speed,so i went for it.Having over 96 speed is mainly more fun than anything i would say,but the most important for him is to get the Werewolf Paw and you will be fine.
  • xHariNezumixHariNezumi
    I'm up to 92 now (93 with these event wings), and when I unequip my gear and go back to the 70's, I feel so sluggish lol. It's crazy how much small changes in attack speed can affect your combat in this game
  • AzelunaAzeluna
    Vindictus Rep: 535
    I'm at 55 speed now. I feel like I lack 5-10 more to be really comfortable. Usually I'm able to execute full combo (Saw+Fist), but it's risky. Even tho it's funny to dodge in the very last moment I feel like my heart doesn't approve with that, haha. ^^'
    With new content I'll aim for 80+ at least, but reading this thread I think I'll need more. ^^'
  • AngelYukkiAngelYukki
    Vindictus Rep: 2,300
    What + is everyone's weapon?
    Or do you guys just use fast ES or something?
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Deadish thread, but he was pretty good for me with only a +11 R/J dagger and two Fasts. With all the scrolls on the rest of his gear I was at 65 or so speed without the Area Graceful buff up. He does need more to be able to consistently pull off the full combo, all the more because Rise added in that horrid delay for pulling bonus shards, but he's still pretty good even without making it to the 80+ range.