[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Why is Evie the best class in the game?

ErinieIErinieI
Vindictus Rep: 2,380
edited May 30, 2017 in Evie
Discuss.
  1. Title21 votes
    1. Evie
       81% (17 votes)
    2. Evie
       19% (4 votes)

Comments

• SekaiizSekaiiz
    Vindictus Rep: 2,290
    -5 Free crit
    -1050 inherent Mattack
    -Two weaps with distinct play styles
    -Pretty
    -Good deeps
  • LoadsamoneyLoadsamoney
    Vindictus Rep: 655
    -Mana Shield
    -Can heal other players
    -Mana Shield
    -Can revive other players without feathers
    -Mana Shield
    -Good damage with both weapons
    -Mana Shield
    -No need for Campfires or Armor Repair Kits, rarely a need for HP Potions

Oh, and Mana Shield. Can't stress enough how ridiculously powerful this skill is. All you need is one layer and you're invincible to the next hit, even if it would have been lethal.
  • HonokaHonoka
    Vindictus Rep: 1,110
    -Mana Shield
    -Can heal other players
    -Mana Shield
    -Can revive other players without feathers
    -Mana Shield
    -Good damage with both weapons
    -Mana Shield
    -No need for Campfires or Armor Repair Kits, rarely a need for HP Potions

Oh, and Mana Shield. Can't stress enough how ridiculously powerful this skill is. All you need is one layer and you're invincible to the next hit, even if it would have been lethal.

That last part was changed about a year ago. Damage now spills into hp past mana shields so meaning you can still die from enough damage even with mana shields.
  • LoadsamoneyLoadsamoney
    Vindictus Rep: 655
    edited June 8, 2017
    Oh, really? See, it has been too long since I've played. So HP Potions are more important for Evie now, I take it?

Still, her defense is so weak, the benefit from armor repair kits is almost nothing. But Campfire is probably more useful to her now for the HP regen.

Out of curiosity, how much damage spills through? How much effective HP does Mana Shield actually count as per individual layer or as a whole?
  • HonokaHonoka
    edited June 8, 2017
    Oh, really? See, it has been too long since I've played. So HP Potions are more important for Evie now, I take it?

Still, her defense is so weak, the benefit from armor repair kits is almost nothing. But Campfire is probably more useful to her now for the HP regen.

Out of curiosity, how much damage spills through? How much effective HP does Mana Shield actually count as per individual layer or as a whole?

Defense isn't a problem with 90 gear because it'll be the same for all classes and I don't think campfire gives HP regen either.
    I might be wrong but I think mana shield now is essentially just 2200 extra HP that self regenerates, because it scales with defense as well.
  • ErinieIErinieI
    Vindictus Rep: 2,380
    Thanks for your insight.
    May I also add another Evie?
  • SefSef
    Vindictus Rep: 1,310
    Please do.

Also Evie.
    ErinieI
  • VinVinVinVin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,265
    Scythe Evie -> good damage, op survavility, good in parties, good in solo. She is like a legal cheat.
  • Weiss_OswaldWeiss_Oswald
    Vindictus Rep: 1,475

Assuming that value of 2200 HP of the whole mana shield is correct, having a single mana shield fragment left will cut 220 HP out of for example a 2k hit, so you will take 1780 damage instead of 2k.

Mana shield really used to be OP, now, once you break it, unless you dont take any more hits for a very long time, it really is pratically useless. Not entirely because it will still shave off some damage, but as its been said, with 90 gear having lots of defense, regular sets have 11-13k defense while end game can get to 14-16k (superior gems, over +10 enhance, etc). This makes it less needed anyway.

It really was a bummer to me when they nerfed the mana shield, because my playstyle relied on letting me get hit to deal more damage, but as I gained more attack speed it became less important too.
    Samalenko
  • SamalenkoSamalenko
    Vindictus Rep: 1,475

Assuming that value of 2200 HP of the whole mana shield is correct, having a single mana shield fragment left will cut 220 HP out of for example a 2k hit, so you will take 1780 damage instead of 2k.

Mana shield really used to be OP, now, once you break it, unless you dont take any more hits for a very long time, it really is pratically useless. Not entirely because it will still shave off some damage, but as its been said, with 90 gear having lots of defense, regular sets have 11-13k defense while end game can get to 14-16k (superior gems, over +10 enhance, etc). This makes it less needed anyway.

It really was a bummer to me when they nerfed the mana shield, because my playstyle relied on letting me get hit to deal more damage, but as I gained more attack speed it became less important too.

Long time ago only that was actually something. mana shield enabled scythe to play in an more offensive way. Right now it is just broken, with scaled def and high defense just as any melee char.
  • HonokaHonoka
    It was a good thing the mana shield was nerfed. Old manashield in neam would make it too braindead easy.