[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

It's coming and you can't stop it: RISE Update

Comments

• GhengisJohnGhengisJohn
    Vindictus Rep: 3,540
    Lol the number of negativity never fails to humor me.

I think only people who aren't ready because they do not have enough Money or gold to advance. Yet they are the same people who sit there and complain about things are getting boring, there's no updates, there's no changes.

Just run with it, updating is happening whether you like it or not. A simple "Uninstall" would suffice, and save yourself further embarrassment.

As somebody sitting on a bunch of characters in endgame gear and about 600 million in savings, I have a lot of reservations about some of the things in this patch. It's not that change is unwelcome, it's that not all change is for the better.
  • ArixArix
    Vindictus Rep: 1,880
    see ya later rise haters
    AtsouUsagiiiKunRyanReynolds
  • MyDeliaMyDelia
    Vindictus Rep: 655
    edited June 9, 2017
    i'd take any change over this retarded enhancement change any day. I foresee some sort of enhancement rune for +13-+15 coming up while they will permanently sell +11 and +12 rune in depot for some retarded amount of NX.

The sad part is that people will still retardedly buy those runes.
    FlufffyParrotdaws360
  • PuppymanPuppyman
    Vindictus Rep: 3,055
    edited June 10, 2017
    MyDelia wrote: »
    i'd take any change over this retarded enhancement change any day. I foresee some sort of enhancement rune for +13-+15 coming up while they will permanently sell +11 and +12 rune in depot for some retarded amount of NX.

The sad part is that people will still retardedly buy those runes.

There's information floating around about an instant +15 [or along those lines] rune thing in the files that KR said was meant for 'other regions' to calm KR community

• ArishaLArishaL
    Vindictus Rep: 1,100
    Rip Vindy.
    daws360
  • arkaine757arkaine757
    Vindictus Rep: 1,430
    It was fun while it lasted, but that's the nail of the coffin.
    daws360
  • MarronGlacesMarronGlaces
    Vindictus Rep: 1,055
    With the new hero modes, I think AD scaling problem has mostly been dealt with.
    Still not a fan of harder and higher enhancing, but I think I can calm down enough about it to say it's not looking so bad now.
    Dokkundaws360
  • Yuria100Yuria100
    Vindictus Rep: 2,480
    edited June 10, 2017
    I'm looking forward to everything none endgame related from Rise, and with rng drop related low lvl quest being easier to do, I'll probably decide to reread all the side quest stuff (well the ones that stays) when Miri comes out. Just to see the side character getting developed and fun moments again.

Everything endgame related just makes me cry, +20, Additional damage on all pieces of gear and it being broken cus of the exponential growth of power the damage formula is based off of, lower enhancement rates for +13 and higher, and boring no potting animation all mmo do and other game do Q.Q.
    Dokkundaws360
  • LeucosieLeucosie
    Vindictus Rep: 2,105
    Overall the update is pretty nice but that enhancement/additional damage part is a disaster. The idea of an average player ( skillwise ) with a +20 being able to literally destroy veteran players using <= +15 weapons make me sick. To make it worse they grant you more cores for dealing 40% damage in a pt raid. I wish Vindi would actually reward people for their gameplay ( We all like vindictus for it's combat system, right ?... yea let's not forget about fashion too :p ) instead of urging them to overgear themselves.
    PhoebeHalliwel2edgy4uDokkundaws360Dillonz
  • GewelliriousGewellirious
    Vindictus Rep: 2,945
    edited June 10, 2017
    Leucosie wrote: »
    Overall the update is pretty nice but that enhancement/additional damage part is a disaster. The idea of an average player ( skillwise ) with a +20 being able to literally destroy veteran players using <= +15 weapons make me sick. To make it worse they grant you more cores for dealing 40% damage in a pt raid. I wish Vindi would actually reward people for their gameplay ( We all like vindictus for it's combat system, right ?... yea let's not forget about fashion too :p ) instead of urging them to overgear themselves.

Going the "pay2win" way, simple. No you can gear yourself for free, but "urging them" is where it hits the nail on the coffin, that "urge" is obviously much faster by having that real cash for it.

Look at the incentive to get stuff if top deeps. Yeah I'll be happy cuz omg I always top pugs xdddd, whatever, it's if I still play at this point since everything is nerfed to sh*t and even a +10 now probably deals 666666 damage /hit like ????

I'm just p*ssed this director has a lvl of a nine year old when it comes to maths. The removal of pot animation is lame as well, making our pots simply merc pots for hobos.
    This, the enhancement to +20 and the broken additional damage is what makes me disgusted about this update. The rest was more than fine/ok.
    Leucosie2edgy4uPixelPantsudaws360
  • CCBlahCCBlah
    Vindictus Rep: 210
    edited June 10, 2017
    It's great how quitting this game goes down to blowing up your hard earned weapons lol probably the worst system I've ever seen in a game ever. And now they're extending the enhance limits? Say goodbye to your +15s, say goodbye to your playerbase. Can't believe this game is still alive lmao what a waste of a great combat system and art style. Nexon is a crap company. I quit a long time ago and I'm glad I did lmao im seeing things are getting much worse than they already were before.
    daws360
  • Weiss_OswaldWeiss_Oswald
    Vindictus Rep: 1,475
    edited June 10, 2017
    The only good thing about this update is that the moment the server is back up I will log in, blow up all of my weapons (including my +15s which had been stuck and I couldn't enhance them anymore) and then quit permanently instead of the back and forth that I'm doing with the game now. My last guild mate that stuck with me through the last 8 years has just permanently quit 2 months ago as well so this will be the end of it.
    CCBlah wrote: »
    It's great how quitting this game goes down to blowing up your hard earned weapons lol probably the worst system I've ever seen in a game ever. And now they're extending the enhance limits? Say goodbye to your +15s, say goodbye to your playerbase. Can't believe this game is still alive lmao what a waste of a great combat system and art style. Nexon is a crap company.

I guess you guys didn't get the memo.

You CAN'T permanently destroy a weapon through enhancing after the rise update. Once you blow it the first time, it costs like 2k AP to recover, and it can't be enhanced anymore.
    The number of +15 that already exist is not going to go down, all the enhanceable (not yet boomed) weapons will either fail or succeed to +16, those that fail will be recovered for a little ammount of AP and never be able to be enhanced again, being doomed of staying +15 FOREVER! (and ever, and ever and ever)

• Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    Does anyone else find it hilarious that the one time we get an update shortly after KR gets it, is also the one time where it's an update designed to sell more runes to make the director look good to his superiors?
    ArishaLarkaine757daws360Dillonz
  • MyDeliaMyDelia
    edited June 10, 2017

You CAN'T permanently destroy a weapon through enhancing after the rise update. Once you blow it the first time, it costs like 2k AP to recover, and it can't be enhanced anymore.
    The number of +15 that already exist is not going to go down, all the enhanceable (not yet boomed) weapons will either fail or succeed to +16, those that fail will be recovered for a little ammount of AP and never be able to be enhanced again, being doomed of staying +15 FOREVER! (and ever, and ever and ever)

I guess you don't know how to play this game.
  • MyDeliaMyDelia
    edited June 10, 2017
    Question2 wrote: »
    Does anyone else find it hilarious that the one time we get an update shortly after KR gets it, is also the one time where it's an update designed to sell more runes to make the director look good to his superiors?

Doesn't surprise me at all.
    And if that +15 rune is real then this update makes perfect sense to Nexon from a profit standpoint.

Damage band being extended out to +20, a significant amount of damage coming from armors with high enhance now as well. Meaning instead of ignoring enhance on armors you now have to do that if you are min/maxing.

It's possible whales will keep this game afloat for another year or two with the scatterings of scrubby players feeding off the bottom with their +10s thinking they're still relevant to the game when their entire existence is to be slaves to gather materials and enchant scrolls for whales to use because they will NEVER be able to reach that endgame without the monetary input that the whales can put in.
    ArishaLdaws360
  • lumix345lumix345
    Vindictus Rep: 1,875
    edited June 10, 2017
    To be honest the whole +20 and non-enhanceable revived weps arent really that bad, if anything that could potentially mean that people may have more incentive to sell should they achieve a high-enhanced item. I mean it does annoy me that revived weps can't be enhanced anymore, but I suppose I'm just being bias since I just recently got a +15 on my main.

Overall i see a lot of good things with the update (revamped expertise/crap mat update for example), its just that I feel incredibly uneasy with the new damage formula and how Additional damage plays into that. Also the other thing that has me uneasy is the change in cores dropped based on damage. While I can see the benefit of combating people that AFK, It does worry me that somebody with a bad connection or straight up finds the gameplay complicated will be inadvertently punished. Though that may be mitigated because I think you only get 1 core if you do like <5% damage? Not really sure on that one.

But I still like this game pretty much because I enjoy the combat system so much I really can't play other MMOs anymore. Hopefully this update won't be as bad as many people are expecting it to be.
  • NecrochildNecrochild
    Vindictus Rep: 3,325
    I understand not liking the whiners, but when your population is already dwindling and there's a divisive update that is being rushed out, I think there's going to be a bigger issue that effects everyone who likes the update or not. That one isn't in the patch notes, friends.
  • 2edgy4u2edgy4u
    Vindictus Rep: 2,915
    i'm not a vindictive person and would never wish unemployment upon anyone, but i'll be doing my part to get this director fired by demonstrating to nexon the playerbase's displeasure at this update. no more nx purchases from me, and i'll be hosting and only joining <+15 restriction boats to encourage other players to do the same.
    arkaine757daws360
  • Weiss_OswaldWeiss_Oswald
    Vindictus Rep: 1,475

I guess you don't know how to play this game.

What I don't know, is what do you mean by "I don't know how to play this game."
    Currently, what people do, if they want to get a +15, either they buy one already enhanced, or go the step by step process, by progressively trying to get a better weapon. The double booming helped because statisticaly you need about half the weapons. I reckon that.

Now, in This Game, the after RISE game, you won't be able to do it that way, so that is going to change. Either you'll adapt to it and endure it or quit like a little whining kid, just because you don't like it.

I still fail to realise how I don't know how to play this game, since nothing on my statement is false nor misleading.
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    Oh, and to make matters worse, boss HP is getting increased to compensate for additional damage. If you don't have at least a full set of +10 armor and a +12 weapon (level 90 because lower level gear will have nerfed additional damage), you will deal proportionally less damage to bosses than before. I think s3 raid boses have roughly 50% more HP after RISE? So if you dont have enough additional damage to increase your DPS by at least 50% you are worse off.

Everyone who has already claimed their level 90 character goal rewards will be absolutely screwed because they wont have a full set of +10 level 90 OJ gear, which means their DPS got massively nerfed. Basically, all the newbies who are currently using the free level 90 gear and farming seals to make level 90 OJ gear will not be able to do anything in raids after RISE, because they wont have the +10 gear.

Even the players who haven't claimed their gear will still need to get scrolls for their new +10 armor, or use runes to +10 their existing armor, before they can get to the "correct" level of additional damage that the raids will be blaanced for. Neither option is appealing.

The one upside that i can think of is that if you can infinitely AP restore items for cheap, you wont need enchant runes anymore since you can just pay a small amount of AP to restore. But i get the feeling that theres a catch somewhere...

Also all level 80 and below mats will become useless, so use them up before RISE hits. Derpcat did not bother to write a simple script to convert all existing mats into the newer versions and they just left all veterans with stockpiled mats high and dry (again).