[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Low FPS rates, severe stuttering, and frame dips.

LoadsamoneyLoadsamoney
Vindictus Rep: 655
in Tech Support
I know my PC is capable of running this game; I had a weaker one back in Season 1 when Laghodessa was the end game and it didn't struggle nearly as much as it does now.

Old specs:
Radeon HD 4870
Pentium 4 1.8ghz (single core)
2GB RAM

New specs:
Radeon HD 5570
AMD Athlon 64 X2 (dual-core) 2.9ghz
5GB DDR3 RAM

I KNOW these specs are good enough for this game, but even when I set everything to low, the frame dips, the stuttering and the skips become almost unbearable. I'll stand in town for two minutes after logging in just waiting for a new frame to even load, and then it'll gradually climb its way out of the muck into 10-12FPS territory. Boats are ridiculous, as soon as the camera pans in on my character the frames and sound completely lock up, and then 30 seconds later I'm on the loading screen going to the mission. And of course I get ass frame rates when there's multiple enemies on screen, and ESPECIALLY whenever I rank up a new skill, which makes no sense.

Why? Why am I getting such bad frame dips and stuttering? How can I fix it and make this game run better? Because right now, even solo, it's wholly unplayable.

Comments

• BullBull
    Vindictus Rep: 1,060
    nah your specs are still not good enough, mainly the cpu which is already 12 years old and will struggle with the game for sure.
    Sometimes "good enough" is not really "good enough"
  • LoadsamoneyLoadsamoney
    Then why do I get a solid 60FPS with no dips when I turn the UI off? UI off, 60FPS. UI on, slideshow.
  • BullBull
    Vindictus Rep: 1,060
    edited June 7, 2017
    Thats because the UI is eating all ur CPU resources, you really need more CPU power to run the UI rather than the game itself. just play without the UI until they fix it (just kidding, they will not fix it.)
  • LoadsamoneyLoadsamoney
    Does the Korean version have the same problem?
  • LoadsamoneyLoadsamoney
    Actually, I wonder if the Nexon Launcher version of this game runs smoother, because I play the Steam version, and people are telling me the Steam version eats a hell of a lot more memory than the standalone. So maybe the standalone will be less taxing on my CPU/run better? Only thing I can do is try.

Sad that it will take all night to download because, y'know, Frontier Wireless DSL.