[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

KR: RISE Update Event (01.06.17)

LynnCUBELynnCUBE
Vindictus Rep: 3,115
in Future Content
20170529154720700.jpg

RISE Welcome Box (to the first character you log on during the event)

contains:
Superior Bracelet Gem Exchange Coupon
Airtight +1 Quality Coupon
Airtight +1 Maximum Unbind Limit Potion
AP 5000 Capsule
Airtight Rainbow Avatar Dye Ampoule Box
Reilly's Face Glow Mask Pack
Reilly's Body Glow Pack

Goddess Fragment Event

Collect Goddess Fragment and fill up the event bar to obtain the following items:

Effect: Goddess Wings (90 days)
Body Tattoo: Goddess (Unlimited)
Normal Radiant Pricess Avatar Set
Normal Masked Giant Avatar Set
Normal Necromancer Avatar Set

Ontime Event

Stay online for a certain period of time to receive the following items.
New rewards are added each week. (x) is the number of the week

5 hours:
1st Week: Cat Tail Box (Tail, Random Colour)
2nd Week: Gremlin in the Hat Box (Head, Set Colour)

10 hours:
2nd Week: Glow Fist Box (Hand, Set Colour)

20 hours:
1st Week: Premium Armor Enhancement Rune
2nd Week: Airtight Premium Enchant Rune
3rd Week: Airtight Premium Enhance Rune

/ / / / /

Again, Nexon throwing out free stuff to calm people down over the update.
I hope NA throws free stuff at us too ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

As expected, the KR community response to this event is very negative.
2edgy4uDelterosSlothPrincessOrder5

Comments

• AtsouAtsou
    Vindictus Rep: 955
    Is the maximum unbind limit a first ? Or was this given away before.
  • NakrastNakrast
    Vindictus Rep: 1,060
    They should change this update name from RISE to FALL.
    Atsou wrote: »
    Is the maximum unbind limit a first ? Or was this given away before.

I saw it once already in EU
    Order5
  • EbonwingsEbonwings
    Vindictus Rep: 1,790
    edited May 29, 2017
    They....they can't be serious with this stuff, right?

NORMAL Avatar Sets?
    PREMIUM (NOT Exquisite) Runes??
    TIMED Goddess Wings???

The only thing of note is the +1 Quality Coupon. At least THAT'S guaranteed, unlike nearly everything else.

It's becoming more and more obvious this "Director" has no eff'ing clue what he's doing. He's basically said "Fk the playerbase, I do what I want. Oh...you're still angry? Here's some "pittance" to keep you occupied."

Free or not, this is insulting.
    BloodAngelarkaine757Gewellirious
  • JynXiJynXi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,025
    Goddess Fragment Event

Collect Goddess Fragment and fill up the event bar to obtain the following items:

You get all those 3 sets, or choose one or is it random?
  • MrGoldMrGold
    Vindictus Rep: 1,490
    edited May 29, 2017
    KR has to boycott this to really hurt the director. The only thing this director cares about is money.
  • GewelliriousGewellirious
    Vindictus Rep: 2,945
    MrGold wrote: »
    KR has to boycott this to really hurt the director. The only thing this director cares about is money.

This director is autistic, fact.
    BloodAngelFlufffyParrot
  • NakrastNakrast
    Vindictus Rep: 1,060

Not even that, since he is killing the game.
  • LynnCUBELynnCUBE
    JynXi wrote: »
    Goddess Fragment Event

You get all those 3 sets, or choose one or is it random?

I'm not sure. It's not explained yet how you collect goddess fragments or how much you need for the rewards.
  • LynnCUBELynnCUBE

This director is autistic, fact.

If only you spoke Korean to read his twitter/facebook page +cold

I legit think this director is trolling people with this update because they hurt his feelings by saying bad things about his shitty knowlege of games.

"I remember you complained and **** talked about me last time I revamped Additional DMG which made me roll back the update. Here, have it back with +20 on top of it. Feel sorry yet? Mwahahaha"
  • SuhpremeSuhpreme
    Vindictus Rep: 3,935
    nexon is under tencent in china, china will pay for anything, director thinks up +20 enhancement, makes up +15 runes etc to sell, china buys, profit. clearly we just have to blame china
    Gewellirious
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    edited May 29, 2017
    At least the KR players are standing up for themselves. NA has been treated like crap for a looooooooong time and people have continued to throw ridiculous amounts of money at the game. Honestly, the KR players don't have to boycott this; they could take all the free stuff and then leave, but certainly saying that they don't even want free items when they are being given out as a poorly place band-aid would send the message even more clearly.

I'm amazed that Nexon's board doesn't fire this guy. Do they not read any of what's going on? How can any remotely intelligent committee sit by while this is going on?
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    edited May 29, 2017
    So the wings shown with Oracle/Tieve set are temporary? I bet they will be in RNG cash boxes at some point.

Any idea if the cat tail is tradeable/dyeable since it's random color?

Most importantly - is there any change regarding damage output and raid changes since test server?

On side note: How did You learn Korean? At some point I wanted to begin learning it, but never really had time for it. Generic tips welcomed. I learned English natural way online, but it's incomparable due to it being popular etc., while Korean uses different alphabet.
  • LynnCUBELynnCUBE
    edited May 29, 2017
    SirRFI wrote: »
    So the wings shown with Oracle/Tieve set are temporary? I bet they will be in RNG cash boxes at some point.

Any idea if the cat tail is tradeable/dyeable since it's random color?

Most importantly - is there any change regarding damage output and raid changes since test server?

On side note: How did You learn Korean? At some point I wanted to begin learning it, but never really had time for it. Generic tips welcomed. I learned English natural way online, but it's incomparable due to it being popular etc., while Korean uses different alphabet.

Well, best way to learn Korean is be a Korean... like me I guess +haha

I don't think the tails are tradable. All 3 look-equipment rewards say "you can use the shared storage or send to your other characters by mail before opening", which is like the teddy bear backpack box.

And the wings are effect item like the flower one we just had in the spring pouch event.
  • MixxiaMixxia
    Vindictus Rep: 1,740
    I'm amazed that Nexon's board doesn't fire this guy. Do they not read any of what's going on? How can any remotely intelligent committee sit by while this is going on?

If they are arent even checking into KR and looking at the players outrage then kinda explains how NA is so terrible atm.

DokkunGewellirious
  • TwilightSparkleTwilightSparkle
    Vindictus Rep: 2,440
    edited May 29, 2017
    Mixxia wrote: »

If they are arent even checking into KR and looking at the players outrage then kinda explains how NA is so terrible atm.

the best we can do is probably contacting vindy support and asking them to not give us a bit of that update x.x
  • BoninoxBoninox
    Vindictus Rep: 400
    Well looks like we get the gremlin hat event today
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235

We are talking about people who sit on the board of directors for a publically listed company that makes millions. They do not read game forums. They read things like financial reports from high level executives. To be honest, the board of directors are probably too high up for this guy. The director for a product probably only reports to something like a department or division manager.

But the same logic applies, the manager/executive above DOL doesn't read game forums. He looks at financial reports. As long as there is a healthy profit, that's all he cares about. Nexon/Derpcat basically suffers from a focus on short term goals...as long as the quarterly reports look good, they literally could care less.

There are so many other things that a business usually looks at, but Nexon just ignores. Look at, say, Toyota. They don't just look at profit figures, they look at pretty much everything. Sales figures, customer complaints, brand reputation, etc, etc. Someone like DOL who only cares about the bottom line at the exclusion to everything else wouldn't be able to get a job at most companies. His idea of improving profits at a car company would probably be to lower quality and increase the prices of spare parts, nevermind that it would turn the brand name into mud.

I honestly wonder what kind of reputation Derpcat/Nexon has in the KR game industry. Are they known as "those idiots who hire people like DOL" at other game companies? Kind of like how EA has a bad rep?
  • LynnCUBELynnCUBE
    Question2 wrote: »
    I honestly wonder what kind of reputation Derpcat/Nexon has in the KR game industry. Are they known as "those idiots who hire people like DOL" at other game companies? Kind of like how EA has a bad rep?

They are known as "money grabbing", "greedy", "non-communitcative", "always selling % boxes/items", "disgusting" "p2w" company.
    BloodAngelPrototypemind
  • BloodAngelBloodAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,875
    @LynnCUBE I figured, I think I read somewhere that nexon is actually rated as one of the most untrustworthy gaming companies/publishers out there.
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    edited June 1, 2017
    BloodAngel wrote: »
    @LynnCUBE I figured, I think I read somewhere that nexon is actually rated as one of the most untrustworthy gaming companies/publishers out there.
    Shouldn't You have known this yourself by now? 8LEHlZG.png