[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Vindictus "RISE" Update Patch Notes Translation

Comments

• BoatGodBoatGod
    Vindictus Rep: 2,575
    Lavonne wrote: »
    Also Karok wins a WWE belt or something.

kalok.png

Karok is MasterRace
  • ProR2D2ProR2D2
    Vindictus Rep: 2,085
    edited May 27, 2017
    The dev note says "All battles will be suitable for 4 players difficulty excluding Royal Raid, Redeemer’s and Single Player Maps."

What does that means?
  • PlaksterPlakster
    Vindictus Rep: 1,705
    ProR2D2 wrote: »
    The dev note says "All battles will be suitable for 4 players difficulty excluding Royal Raid, Redeemer’s and Single Player Maps."

What does that means?

let see every 8 man raid are now 4 man, the 4 man normals are still 4 man, the 6 man raids are also 4 man, the single player maps are solo cant turn something for 4 man when it meant to be solo, redeemer is 8, royal raid i have no clue 12? and i think season 3 is 8 man still or maybe they change it to 4 man no clue :P
  • ProR2D2ProR2D2
    Vindictus Rep: 2,085
    edited May 27, 2017
    Plakster wrote: »

What does that means?

let see every 8 man raid are now 4 man, the 4 man normals are still 4 man, the 6 man raids are also 4 man, the single player maps are solo cant turn something for 4 man when it meant to be solo, redeemer is 8, royal raid i have no clue 12? and i think season 3 is 8 man still or maybe they change it to 4 man no clue :P
    Is that true? 8 man is more fun :(
  • PlaksterPlakster
    Vindictus Rep: 1,705
    Plakster wrote: »

What does that means?

Is that true? 8 man is more fun :(

yeah that what i think in my understanding ways :P
  • UsagiiiKunUsagiiiKun
    Vindictus Rep: 1,855
    tumblr_inline_onqg77W1uP1upw8fa_500.gif
    PhoebeHalliwel
  • LynnCUBELynnCUBE
    Vindictus Rep: 3,115

What does that means?

It means all the maps and raids will now be max. 4 player.
    Also, it doesn't matter if you go alone, duo or trio, the difficulty of the battle will stay as the difficulty for 4 player.

Royal Raid will be max. 12 player.
    Redeemer will stay 8 player.
    Single player maps like Muir will stay as it is.
  • AtsouAtsou
    Vindictus Rep: 955
    Has anyone got a feel for how big the drop rate for stones and such are in S3 battles yet?
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    It's sad how derpcat's corporate culture doesn't allow anyone there to tell the director how dumb his ideas are. Like...not a single person there points out the problems in anything he does, he just gets a blank check to do whatever. At least you don't see mcdonalds or whatever suddenly deciding to replace their core product with one that tastes worse, and the dumbass who decided that gets to keep his job.
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    edited May 27, 2017
    Question2 wrote: »
    It's sad how derpcat's corporate culture doesn't allow anyone there to tell the director how dumb his ideas are. Like...not a single person there points out the problems in anything he does, he just gets a blank check to do whatever. At least you don't see mcdonalds or whatever suddenly deciding to replace their core product with one that tastes worse, and the dumbass who decided that gets to keep his job.

Have you read the Korean comments? Folks are really telling him what they think of this. At this point my guess is he would be out of a job if he listened to them and removed the things folks are QQing about and if it doesn't turn out the way he wants I am sure nexon will just put in another director. Question is how many less resources the next director would get.

Side note. I understand in principle why they wanted to revamp the early material, but why? Anyone new still will get through it extremely fast and now be stuck with even less "end game" levels to work on.

If anything they should have just cut out some of the stupid go to colhen -> roch -> colh quests, and made it so everyone got ~2x xp/ap from what they get in normal runs.

As for tweaking endgames... Well obviously I am not fan of most of his plans. Personally most days I want say normal S3 hard levels. Toss in a few where I like the macha challenge while wearing all enthu gear. I hardly ever run "hero" unless I am leveling an alt. So why are we instead going to have to do hero or easy? That over the fact that I will never get better than a +15 is going to make me play less and less. (I don't run Redeemers/ein so what else is there going to be for me to do?)
  • Question2Question2
    In the official update for the Main Server, Season 1 and Season 2's [Hero] difficulty will be opened.
    [Hero] difficulty will only be selectable for players level 90 and above.

There is not particularly a grand reward for [Hero] battles of Season 1 and 2, but we still hope it will be entertaining and somewhat challenging to players over level 90 like it was before.

This is more proof that the moron director doesn't even play his own game or knows how it works. Nobody wastes their time doing s1 hero mode now for a reason, barring a few battles like hero succubus or fruitful. But instead of giving players a reason to do hero mode, he makes it so that you have to be level 90 to do hero succubus. Just...wow. The logic is mind boggling.
    Before, if the Additional DMG was 100 from only weapon, it is now divided 50 weapon: 50 armor (all 5 parts), and through this enhancing armor will grant players Additional DMG as well as DEF and HP.

We thought it was a better idea to have players enhance all their gear suitably, instead of only focusing on their weapon.

Translation : We want to sell more runes so we are forcing players to +10 all their armor to get the same levle of additional damage from before. The problems with this approach are so obvious that I find it hard to believe nobody at derpcat sees it.
    We hope players make the best out of the level 90 gear awarded from the character growth system.

The system that isn't retroactive and penalizes veterans? Good job.
    Some dumb **** to justify the new +20 system

Everyone knows this is bullshit, no explanation needed.
    We do not want players to keep using their high enhanced low level gear, and this will be changed to only suit the battles for the item's level.

Translation : We made a huge mistake when we did the enhancing revamp since people stopped buying runes for level 80 and below items, so we are nerfing low level items to make you buy more runes for level 90+ items.
    So you are still going to release +20? As well as Additional DMG changes and Animation Removal [despite all our protests and feedbacks]? LUL

So even KR feedback is being ignored. Remember when people were optimistic and said that derpcat would take feedback seriously for this? LOL.

• Question2Question2
    LynnCUBE wrote: »

What does that means?

It means all the maps and raids will now be max. 4 player.
    Also, it doesn't matter if you go alone, duo or trio, the difficulty of the battle will stay as the difficulty for 4 player.

Royal Raid will be max. 12 player.
    Redeemer will stay 8 player.
    Single player maps like Muir will stay as it is.

I can just imagine all the people with +15s refusing to party for 4 man battles because they want to get the +2 core bonus for doing 80% + damage. Precisely what the game needs, more soloing. They could have done something intelligent to encourage partying, but noooo.
  • LynnCUBELynnCUBE
    Vindictus Rep: 3,115
    Atsou wrote: »
    Has anyone got a feel for how big the drop rate for stones and such are in S3 battles yet?

From what I hear from KR forum, it's even lower because the drops got diluted with other items.
    Purple and Orange mats both have higher drop rate which kind of equals out.

Someone in test server grinded Deep Corruption and the drop rate for Paradise Enhancement Stone was lower.
    I don't think people have enough data to make a statement for Raid maps.
    Atsou
  • TheDestroyerTheDestroyer
    Vindictus Rep: 655
    ikevi wrote: »
    So what is the actual goal
    Quality +1 coupon from daily missions exchange shop? Is it true? :O

We have had that for a while. It only works on 1 star items. All it really does is makes it so there is no risk to craft an orange item yourself instead of with a npc.

no there is a +1 quality booster listed. There is also the 2* quality booster we have now. Im curious on how many coupons it will cost, considering 5* gear :o
    PhoebeHalliwel
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    ikevi wrote: »
    So what is the actual goal
    Quality +1 coupon from daily missions exchange shop? Is it true? :O

We have had that for a while. It only works on 1 star items. All it really does is makes it so there is no risk to craft an orange item yourself instead of with a npc.

no there is a +1 quality booster listed. There is also the 2* quality booster we have now. Im curious on how many coupons it will cost, considering 5* gear :o

Yeah I saw earlier. That said I don't know if I am going to bother with going >3 star gear anymore. We basically cap already on everything without lv 95, so only good it will do is that little bit of att for royal raids.

Toss in the game is now making you want to +12 or more your armor, a +10 5 star anything is going to be << +11 2 star items.

I honestly am confused on what they are doing with that, since they are basically making you not want to scroll your armor till one gets say +15 armor... or better. (100 extra add damage per armor level after +11 just confuses me to say the least.)

They designed it so everyone is going to mas boom say 5 armors -> reclaim the best, then scroll? No resale value of course :-(
  • ThyHippoThyHippo
    Vindictus Rep: 1,150
    Question2 wrote: »
    In the official update for the Main Server, Season 1 and Season 2's [Hero] difficulty will be opened.
    [Hero] difficulty will only be selectable for players level 90 and above.

There is not particularly a grand reward for [Hero] battles of Season 1 and 2, but we still hope it will be entertaining and somewhat challenging to players over level 90 like it was before.

This is more proof that the moron director doesn't even play his own game or knows how it works. Nobody wastes their time doing s1 hero mode now for a reason, barring a few battles like hero succubus or fruitful. But instead of giving players a reason to do hero mode, he makes it so that you have to be level 90 to do hero succubus. Just...wow. The logic is mind boggling.
    Before, if the Additional DMG was 100 from only weapon, it is now divided 50 weapon: 50 armor (all 5 parts), and through this enhancing armor will grant players Additional DMG as well as DEF and HP.

We thought it was a better idea to have players enhance all their gear suitably, instead of only focusing on their weapon.

Translation : We want to sell more runes so we are forcing players to +10 all their armor to get the same levle of additional damage from before. The problems with this approach are so obvious that I find it hard to believe nobody at derpcat sees it.
    We hope players make the best out of the level 90 gear awarded from the character growth system.

The system that isn't retroactive and penalizes veterans? Good job.
    Some dumb **** to justify the new +20 system

Everyone knows this is bullshit, no explanation needed.
    We do not want players to keep using their high enhanced low level gear, and this will be changed to only suit the battles for the item's level.

Translation : We made a huge mistake when we did the enhancing revamp since people stopped buying runes for level 80 and below items, so we are nerfing low level items to make you buy more runes for level 90+ items.
    So you are still going to release +20? As well as Additional DMG changes and Animation Removal [despite all our protests and feedbacks]? LUL

So even KR feedback is being ignored. Remember when people were optimistic and said that derpcat would take feedback seriously for this? LOL.

I swear I'm thinking the exact thing you're saying. Like I have a +15 80 and when I saw that its going to be hindered to only +12 I was very surprised. They make it seem like 80 isn't viable at all. I know plenty of players that have +15 80's with 27k+ Att which is amazing. People who worked for it or even wallet warriors aside they've hit a high att rating. So why in gods name hinder that? Also things like "Dropping 80 weapons" were things we've wanted since s2 came out but they give it to us at the worst time when they screw it over. Other things I'm pissed about is how much this game is saying "Ok well 1-89 is pointless, lvl 90 is the only thing you should have so we will make the game easier, faster, and more convenient." (as in lets skip dialogue, screw moving back to town to talk, and last but not least actually making it a ROLE PLAYING GAME and just power level) This honestly does not cater to the new player but the old players with wanting to make new characters (Miri coming out very soon, which just basically hands over everything needed to level her) Former S1-S2 drop their respective gear now, 1 player is basically encouraged for 2 more cores, and once you hit 90 they just SHOVE 90 down your throat. This is a game about progression getting to 90 not hindering everything else to make it a speed runners game. I don't mind some of the changes like break off mats being changed, no more blue 90 drops, the whole cleaner inventory thing is nice though I still think 65% of the update is just garbage while 25% is good. The remaining 10% is just like "That didn't needed to be changed at all (no more assists, having to be level 70 or having to buy NX gear in order to have the battle completion window be faster, level requirement to enhance gear in general, etc) Honestly I was hoping this wasn't a global update but that's what I'm hearing.. the one time I don't want something at the same time as Korea but it's happening. I have a lot more that I could put my opinion into but it wouldn't matter because we're getting the update no matter what. Instead of focusing on NX Events all these years why couldn't some of these features been in the game even if it was incremental :/
  • hornywatermelonhornywatermelon
    Vindictus Rep: 3,985
    About revamped Growth Rewards... Are they going to be claimable on preexisting lv90s? Previous ones were iirc.
    UsagiiiKun
  • MixxiaMixxia
    Vindictus Rep: 1,740
    edited May 28, 2017
    So if anyone wants some perspective on the enhance rates...
    It takes on average 10,621,060,739 weapons to go from +3 to +20 as posted earlier

So how much time does it take to go through enhancing a weapon till it breaks/succeeds? Maybe you could do 1 per min with all the animations and resets?
    So you could do 60/hour. If you played 10hours/day that's 600/day or 220,000/year

So if you played 10hours/day 365days/year and had an infinite supply of weapons, enhance stones and elixirs and all you did all the time you were on was enhance it would take you on average 48,000 years to +20...from +3 without any runes. If you had an infinite supply of +15 weapons it would still take you 4.3 years to get +20 on average....

Since we dont have infinite weapons how about 1 weapon to enhance per day on average (which is still unrealistic). On average that's going to take you 29,098,796 YEARS (29 Million years) to get +20.
    VioletEyescyreusPrototypemind2edgy4uZiggyStardustMrGoldDelteros
  • NakrastNakrast
    Vindictus Rep: 1,060
    Mixxia wrote: »
    29,098,796 YEARS (29 Million years) to get +20.

Sounds reasonable to me, since we are immortals, :o

• AkkiAkki
    Vindictus Rep: 1,240
    Mixxia wrote: »
    So if anyone wants some perspective on the enhance rates...
    It takes on average 10,621,060,739 weapons to go from +3 to +20 as posted earlier

So how much time does it take to go through enhancing a weapon till it breaks/succeeds? Maybe you could do 1 per min with all the animations and resets?
    So you could do 60/hour. If you played 10hours/day that's 600/day or 220,000/year

So if you played 10hours/day 365days/year and had an infinite supply of weapons, enhance stones and elixirs and all you did all the time you were on was enhance it would take you on average 48,000 years to +20...from +3 without any runes. If you had an infinite supply of +15 weapons it would still take you 4.3 years to get +20 on average....

Since we dont have infinite weapons how about 1 weapon to enhance per day on average (which is still unrealistic). On average that's going to take you 29,098,796 YEARS (29 Million years) to get +20.

Well the devs said that they don't want people to get +20 that easy. And +20 will never be a necesity for anything. They introduced it just so people have some kind of goal, even if it's almost impossible to do. They also said that the live success rates will be different from the test server, so we might get higher rates. They said that you'll never need anything more than a +15 so I don't see the problem with that, people that want to sacrifice hours and hours or a lot of money to get that +20 are free to do so, it's all just for fame as you won't really ever need that kind of weapon.