[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Lynn 2nd weapon announced

GerielGeriel
Vindictus Rep: 415
edited May 22, 2017 in Lynn
I just saw this video today. Not sure about details or when it will come to NA
Seems to be an update for august on korea, and the weapon looks like an umbrella.
(starts at 54 seconds. the first being a new class )

john10

Comments

• Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    edited May 22, 2017
    With a lot of luck, it'll be an umbrella that turns into 12 different shapes (including a spear and gun form). Yes, I am referring to Lord Grim's Myriad Manifestation Umbrella from Quan Zhi Gao Shou 全职高手 ("King's Avatar").

skip to 17:00
  • TabbedTabbed
    Vindictus Rep: 2,420
    edited May 22, 2017
    Tabbed wrote: »
    Give her a Fighting Fan with knives attached to it or a Parasol.
    +haha
    http://forums.vindictus.nexon.net/discussion/1307/2nd-weapon-share-your-thoughts

My second guess was right :D
  • arkaine757arkaine757
    Vindictus Rep: 1,430
    Bad concept for a weapon, but let's see how this goes.

The first think i though was Penguin shooting with his umbrella on Batman Return's.
  • MenrvaMenrva
    Vindictus Rep: 1,475
    edited May 22, 2017
    Oh, I like it. I've always been a fan of Setsuka from Soul Calibur.

Perhaps Lynn will have a hidden blade as well.
  • CelsiellaCelsiella
    Vindictus Rep: 410
    im pleasantly surprised by the weapon choice, hopefully the combat is interesting.

Makes me think of the yato clan in gintama.
    NuclearChicken
  • BoatGodBoatGod
    Vindictus Rep: 2,575
    @celsiella The umbrella will also be a gun
  • john10john10
    Vindictus Rep: 2,755
    Order5 wrote: »
    With a lot of luck, it'll be an umbrella that turns into 12 different shapes (including a spear and gun form). Yes, I am referring to Lord Grim's Myriad Manifestation Umbrella from Quan Zhi Gao Shou 全职高手 ("King's Avatar").

skip to 17:00

penguin [batman]
    latest?cb=20120813050455
  • GerielGeriel
    BoatGod wrote: »

Is this true? or just speculations?

I was thinking it would be a sword using an umbrella as a sheath,
    for Vindictus I would imagine it would be a sword for normal attacks, throwing umbrella for smash attacks, and having some sort of magic like sylas and evie.

sort of support type magic class, like they did in moonlight blade for example.
    john10
  • john10john10
    Geriel wrote: »
    BoatGod wrote: »

Is this true? or just speculations?

I was thinking it would be a sword using an umbrella as a sheath,
    for Vindictus I would imagine it would be a sword for normal attacks, throwing umbrella for smash attacks, and having some sort of magic like sylas and evie.

sort of support type magic class, like they did in moonlight blade for example.

thats kinda like arisha
  • GerielGeriel
    edited May 25, 2017
    john10 wrote: »

thats kinda like arisha

Why Arisha? More like Sylas. Just replace his dagger with an umbrella sword and all animation will kinda work.
    (the class animations from moonlight blade looks like Sylas if you think about it, just more feminine)

The only problem with my theory is that the weapon is magic while Lynn is a STR character.
    That would make Lynn unique.

Can't image how you will use umbrella as a valid weapon without magic.
    That **** breaks with strong winds in real life. Using an umbrella to block a sword? lol.

I'm curios if they can pull off the umbrella as a STR weapon.
  • john10john10
    Geriel wrote: »
    john10 wrote: »

Why Arisha? More like Sylas. Just replace his dagger with an umbrella sword and all animation will kinda work.
    (the class animations from moonlight blade looks like Sylas if you think about it, just more feminine)

The only problem with my theory is that the weapon is magic while Lynn is a STR character.
    That would make Lynn unique.

Can't image how you will use umbrella as a valid weapon without magic.
    That **** breaks with strong winds in real life. Using an umbrella to block a sword? lol.

I'm curios if they can pull off the umbrella as a STR weapon.

i think arisha's mana crystal is similar to tianxiang's umbrella
  • LavonneLavonne
    Vindictus Rep: 1,645
    Knowing devCAT and what they did to Hurk (basically giving him Arisha's spellsword), the umbrella weapon will most likely end up the same. The cane part of the umbrella will be another spellsword reskin and most likely function as a katana.

My bet is her gameplay will ends up as either of:
    1 - Two moded class (like chain Vella and Arisha) where one mode is closed umbrella and the other mode will be open umbrella. She'll switch between the modes similarly to how Chain Vella\Arisha do. Close umbrella mode will act like short-range katana and open umbrella mode will act like long-range wind-sakura-magic stuff.
    2 - L\R split (similar to Hurk's Teide) where the L normals will be the closed umbrella and upon R smashes the umbrella will open up. This direction also allows the possibility of turning her into a calculated class (Hammer\Delia) where you'd have to time the opening of the umbrella before you R or during R, and it could also have extended smashes like Lynn's glaive which you'll have to time too when the umbrella is already open.

I'm basing this assumption on the fact that devCat's creative team has a long history of recycling combat concepts. (Lynn-Scythe mark-n'-detonate concept, xGun-Staff revolver\focus concept, Hurk-Karok dodge concept, Arisha-Chain two-modes concept, Hammer-Delia calculated combat concept, counterattack concept and so on...) Don't get me wrong, recycling concepts is not necessarily a bad thing. Even though the mark-n'-detonate concept has already been done with scythe, Lynn is still a fully-realized class, mainly because they added the timing thing with the zhen marks.

Also here's the official standalone trailer for her second weapon (previously it was part of the Rise update trailer).

It's a shame that the trailer gets the salt and dislikes from the Rise update. People shouldn't be so childish going on a dislike spree on all of DevCAT's videos. Lynn's second weapon has nothing to do with the Rise update, there's no reason why her trailer should get the dislikes and salt from the +20 enhancement. So childish.
  • SuhpremeSuhpreme
    Vindictus Rep: 3,935
    edited May 27, 2017
    dreams crushed, now i cant be a kawaii gril gamer like tanakana BibleThump
    BX0jWsc.png
    https://clips.twitch.tv/PerfectThoughtfulTaroCmonBruh
  • VinVinVinVin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,265
    The most important question is still not answered: What will happen to the pole dance when she has the umbrella equipped?
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    VinVin wrote: »
    The most important question is still not answered: What will happen to the pole dance when she has the umbrella equipped?

giphy.gif
    PrototypemindLoLoBootyKenshinXA5UNA4U
  • SamalenkoSamalenko
    Vindictus Rep: 1,475
    JessGameArishante
  • LaharLahar
    Vindictus Rep: 1,285
    What does it do, what can we expect? The other weapon looks more interesting, good artwork of Lynn and the new character looks to similar to Evie.
  • CallistheneCallisthene
    Vindictus Rep: 815
    My Lynn definitely needs an umbrella like those worn/used by Yatos in Gintama... Do we have anyofficial date yet for this update by the way?

latest?cb=20140204065633

• SuhpremeSuhpreme
    Vindictus Rep: 3,935
    My Lynn definitely needs an umbrella like those worn/used by Yatos in Gintama... Do we have anyofficial date yet for this update by the way?

latest?cb=20140204065633

august 10th is release, assume august 3rd is when it goes to test servers on korea, since they usually have 1 week of testing
  • ArishanteArishante
    Vindictus Rep: 1,280
    Samalenko wrote: »

Thanks for making me discover RWBY show, i would've went my entire life without knowing about it since i don't watch its type. I'm indebted.