[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Coming back

WitchHunterWitchHunter
Vindictus Rep: 400
in General Discussion
I just wanted to let the developers know that I think they're going in the right direction with this update, I actually want to come back to the game now. Although I would like some more graphical updates. Anyone else excited for this?
  1. Who is excited for the rise update?46 votes
    1. I can't wait for the update!
       57% (26 votes)
    2. I've seen better.
       43% (20 votes)

Comments

• BoatGodBoatGod
    Vindictus Rep: 2,575
    edited May 23, 2017
    Other than a couple things like +20 and no pot animation, I really like the quality of life changes that is coming.
    BloodAngel
  • BloodAngelBloodAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,875
    Agreed with BoatGod. There's a lot of good and a lot of bad. I equate this update to Big Bang with maplestory because it introduced potentials which changed the game forever due to power creep and other such things. But it also overhauled the game nicely and gave a lot new features and revamps to classes and the system overall that was long overdue for the longevity of the game (and it worked!)
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    4-man only for everything but Royal Army and Redeemers, 12 max for Royals, and +20 make me not so enthused despite a lot of other good changes. I really, really do not understand how they bring in so many positive changes and then add in some like those that make reaching "the pinnacle" even more difficult than ever and reduce the community feel of an already niche game. We'll see how things go, but I really cannot see dedicating my self to the new system. The worst part is them adding in 95 gear on top of all of it and making yet another grind before 100 for no reason at all.

I still wonder about DevCan'ts perspective--or more importantly the director's since this is his nonsense--when it comes to all of this. SWTOR was taken even closer to ruin with its last director, and it seems Vindi will do a lot to appeal to casual players but make the game even more punishing for those who really spend a lot of time trying to max their characters out.
  • DownIoadDownIoad
    Vindictus Rep: 2,185
    edited May 23, 2017
    4-man only for everything but Royal Army and Redeemers, 12 max for Royals, and +20 make me not so enthused despite a lot of other good changes.

Not a fan of the 4 man raid change even tho its probably best for the game in terms of hosting, more people will be able to. Its just more fun with an army of 8.

I was excited for hurks new weapon and thought this summer would be all about him but it appears there will be a new merc and also a new weapon for Lynn. I wonder if that's all coming at once or spread out through the rest of the year.

EDIT: http://forums.vindictus.nexon.net/discussion/5389/new-character-miri-lynn-2nd-weapon-reveal-more
    Link with update info for the people looking.
  • BowtacojrBowtacojr
    Vindictus Rep: 2,545
    4-man only for everything but Royal Army and Redeemers, 12 max for Royals, and +20 make me not so enthused despite a lot of other good changes. I really, really do not understand how they bring in so many positive changes and then add in some like those that make reaching "the pinnacle" even more difficult

I can see the appeal of four man raids, especially since victory in raids feels more like an inevitability than an actual fight. Because there's so many people, I often find myself just spacing out and pressing attack, but if I host a 2 man Rochest raid, I feel a lot more engaged in the fight, and it's usually a little more enjoyable. 4 mans will also be naturally easier to host and less laggy, so there's that aspect too. The devs might just be trying to limit people's exposure to heavy lag by limiting the size of parties, which is kind of a shady way to do things.

That being said, KR is approaching this from the wrong angle. there's nothing inherently wrong with 8 man raids, so removing them is pointless, plus it limits what a large guild can do. What they should have done is introduce some sort of incentive system for people who chose to do solo, duo, or 4 man raids. This would give small groups a boost while large groups get the bonuses from haveing an 8 man in quick battle.

I wonder how Kraken is going to be now.
    2edgy4uSlothPrincess
  • TamagoTamago
    Vindictus Rep: 5,460
    There are a lot of good changes and about 10 bad ones, which outweigh the good ones.
    BloodAngelPrototypemind
  • AimAndKillAimAndKill
    Vindictus Rep: 1,590
    BoatGod wrote: »
    Other than a couple things like +20 and no pot animation, I really like the quality of life changes that is coming.

And removal of Labyrinth and limiting party size to 4 man instead of 8 for raids.
  • BoatGodBoatGod
    Vindictus Rep: 2,575
    I'm sure there is a good chance of them not going through with some of the changes that we(KR) don't like
    BloodAngel2edgy4u
  • PixelPantsuPixelPantsu
    Vindictus Rep: 1,960
    Limiting the party to 4 instead of 8 is good and bad.

4 is great for people who can't host 8 man boats but...
    bad for others who can that like hosting for a large party of their friends.

About the +20, I'm hoping that means getting to +15 easier.

2edgy4u
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    edited May 23, 2017
    I bet there will be unintended problems with half of all these changes. I was concerned that Derpcat would try something like this and try to do TOO much in a single update. Nexon NA is actually good at spacing some of the stuff out so we get something every month, but Derpcat is gonna have all of this blow up in their faces.

As the others have said. The term "Raid" was built on the foundation that bosses should be harder and require more people.
    BloodAngel
  • MadcobraMadcobra
    Vindictus Rep: 5,230
    +20 oh come on ? Cant get even + 15 after break over 100 weapons or more stuck to + 14 i cant imagine worse change then put +20 , but it smells like everyone will fail their weapons and game will die
  • RhapsodyOfFireRhapsodyOfFire
    Vindictus Rep: 5,375
    edited May 24, 2017
    Madcobra wrote: »
    +20 oh come on ? Cant get even + 15 after break over 100 weapons or more stuck to + 14 i cant imagine worse change then put +20 , but it smells like everyone will fail their weapons and game will die

I see how some of these changes will make things easier whereas old players had to go through them and there is no compensation planned for that.

I quit Arisha at lv 88 like a year ago because i couldn't afford a full lv 80 set and lv 90 sets were more expensive and after a couple of years they start giving full armor sets with +8 weapon and i'm like wtf, are you serious? Of course my fifi has them now. It was a huge help for a casual player like me.
  • MadcobraMadcobra
    Vindictus Rep: 5,230
    And whats with weapons what are aleredy +15 under 90 lvl , after update all those will have max enchant +12. , will they stay +15?
  • SuukeiSuukei
    Vindictus Rep: 3,220
    Madcobra wrote: »
    And whats with weapons what are aleredy +15 under 90 lvl , after update all those will have max enchant +12. , will they stay +15?
    Yes, they will stay +15 after the update.
    Madcobra
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Vindictus Rep: 5,590
    edited May 25, 2017
    One thing I want to point out is Season 1 and 2 raids are no longer "Raids" That are normal battles hence why only a max of 4 players. Season 3 is excluded in terms of capped to 4 players. However I believe Hard Mode is no longer a thing. It's Normal or Hero now.

Edit: If this was pointed out and I missed it then I am sorry.
  • AimAndKillAimAndKill
    Vindictus Rep: 1,590
    One thing I want to point out is Season 1 and 2 raids are no longer "Raids" That are normal battles hence why only a max of 4 players. Season 3 is excluded in terms of capped to 4 players. However I believe Hard Mode is no longer a thing. It's Normal or Hero now.

Edit: If this was pointed out and I missed it then I am sorry.

Sadly you are wrong, S3 raids cap @ 4 players too.
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    edited May 25, 2017
    4 man battles makes perfect sense when you consider that most lower level stuff is done by small parties due to lack of interest anyway. When most of the playerbase is at or near level 90, they have very little interest in running s1 raids. I do hope that s1 raids still give seals though, since thats the main reason to do them. If they dont give seals...then people would only do them twice for the title and there would be literally zero reason to touch them again. It would also make it much harder for newbies to farm seals.

Most of the changes make sense (at least, in theory), but derpcat often fails at implementation. For example, giving new players free gear through quests = easier for them to level up = good thing right? But they screwed up the implementation by failing to make crafting them easier, so it was actually harder to craft them than to get them from quests, and there was zero reason for anyone to craft level 80 gear afterwards (unless they needed to grind expertise).

Some of the changes in particular dont make sense. Making s3 breakoffs give enchantment elixir or paradise stone is dumb, since the entire point was to get an extra chance at a scroll or OJ drop. Elixirs are worth nothing after the enhancing revamp and most veterans are sitting on hundreds of para stones from Muir. The problem with breakoffs was that most of the time, they were too hard to do unless you had a kai/chain vella, because nobody wastes theri time trying to spear Regina's head. Making breakoffs easier for non kai/chain vella would have been a better option IMHO.

Then you get the absolutely retarded changes like buffing additional damage to encourage people to buy runes, nerfing AP restore to encourage people to buy runes, and +20 to again, encourage people to buy runes. You can tell the director is desperate to sell more runes to make himself look good to the CEO.

Removing instead of revamping old stuff like lab is also dumb. Its pretty much derpcat's easy solution fix to old, dumb, ideas like lab. Instead of fixing it, just remove it and screw everyone who wants to get the lab sets.
  • KiruaKirua
    Vindictus Rep: 1,330
    I kinda forgot what the good changes are, rofl.
    BloodAngel