[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

How do people even make money at this point?

OrodalfOrodalf
Vindictus Rep: 1,145
edited May 21, 2017 in General Discussion
Everything seems rather devalued....

And, yes, I realise that people generally don't want to share money-making tips in fear of crashing markets, but this one already seems rather crashed...

Comments

• EfixEfix
    Vindictus Rep: 525
    edited May 21, 2017
    I think most of us just raid S3 and hope for a good R7 ES to sell.

I used to farm Valor and Master ES's but I've been too lazy to do that lately.

Farming 2 moons and selling mats was also something I'd do, but the last couple of events have flooded the market with mats and magic elixirs.
  • jeddyhijeddyhi
    Vindictus Rep: 1,880
    There is no way to make gold. Market is wacked. I got like 2m to my name and running out of money to even list stuff. This game is dying.
  • SuhpremeSuhpreme
    Vindictus Rep: 3,935
    u spend real money on gachas hoping whales stay on the game to spend their gold on gacha items

you farm until you actually hit the lottery in real life to even get some gold
    CelestiaVMochiSweet
  • BloodAngelBloodAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,875
    @ all you kiddos. People are mostly holding onto their money for dulla update this summer so they can upgrade asap to new weps. I have like 600m waiting for that update myself. Just give it time.
    CelestiaVKiyouji
  • TwilightSparkleTwilightSparkle
    Vindictus Rep: 2,440
    edited May 21, 2017
    sell outfitters or farm subdued orrr do raids for r7 scrolls that'll drop never

i hope it wont be this horrible until next month D:
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    BloodAngel wrote: »
    @ all you kiddos. People are mostly holding onto their money for dulla update this summer so they can upgrade asap to new weps. I have like 600m waiting for that update myself. Just give it time.

You mean the new weapons that practically nobody will be selling because :

1. They will be super rare and wont be in the seal shop most likely

2. Practically everyone will want it

3. The only people who might sell it will be people with +14 or +15 level 90 weapons (as everyone else will be forced to upgrade with the huge stat gap), and they would only sell to their guild/friends

Unless one of your friends gets it from a gacha, the odds of finding someone willing to sell to you will be very, very low. Even then, your friend would probably try to make a +15 level 95 rather than sell it to you, since a +15 level 95 will be absolutely priceless. There are some things that money cannot buy (see the piper story in roch).

At this point, NA is mostly a victim of its own inflation because gold from dungeons/super lucky bonus isnt high enough to matter for east/west level of inflation. The only things that sell for a large amount of money are r7 scrolls probably or enthus which is argubably rarer than r7 as running hero gatekeeper 500+ times for one enthus is cancer. Enhancement elixirs are worthless now since they massively bumped the drop rate and decreased the need to use it, blessed elixirs are worth nothing after the fishing event, most people would rather farm their own easy scrolls like valor/master rather than spend gold, same for enhancement stones.

3 star blues are worth nothing now that OJ mats are in seal shop since most players won't spend mats to upgrade 3 star blues to OJ, not to mention that anyone who wants 3 star blues can easily get someone to craft it for free using junk mats from s3 raids. Purples are worth nothing now that new level 90s get a full set of purples for free. Everything level 80 and below is worth almost nothing because new players get them for free from quests and the only people who buy ore these days are the ones trying to level expertise but are too lazy to use mine bombs. Gems aren't worth much either because nobody is dumb enough to pay a ton to gamble for a minor increase in stats, and anyone rich enough to buy fine gems en-masse to gamble can obviously do zecallion for their own gems.

Everyone is hoarding gold for a new content update or material synthesis, so selling s3 mats to people who are trying to upgrade their stats via material synthesis doesn't work (since those people need to hoard gold too), not to mention most players refuse to touch material synthesis because "ceebs" and the huge stat gap between level 90 and level 95 gear.

I remember when you could make easy gold just by doing roch raids for break off mats and selling ore/empos/elixirs, without needing to rely on super rare once in a month drops, and even the old drop rate for stuff like glas pants was way better than the drop rate we have now for OJ mats. Drags was when the game started to shift to a super rare drop system, and that's also when the game population started dropping, but Nexon only cares about profit rather than playerbase figures.
    CelestiaVPixelPantsu
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Sort of touched on above, but you don't need to make crazy amounts of gold because prices on everything except for super high enhances and cosmetics are way down. The prices on NA East/West will continue to drop and become more reasonable as the whales continue to disappear and the gold sellers are kept out of the game.
    2edgy4u
  • BlissKnightBlissKnight
    Vindictus Rep: 630
    I don't know what you guys are on about.

I went from 400k to 100 mil with a handful of luck drops over 2 weeks.
    Kiyouji
  • SuhpremeSuhpreme
    Vindictus Rep: 3,935
    I don't know what you guys are on about.

I went from 400k to 100 mil with a handful of luck drops over 2 weeks.

in just three easy steps i turned 0 gold into 600m in only a week!
    Bowtacojr
  • NakrastNakrast
    Vindictus Rep: 1,060
    I guess jsut pray the RNG or spam DC till your eyes bleed.
    Money making in this game sucks.
  • VladinoVladino
    Vindictus Rep: 2,875
    edited May 22, 2017
    How to make gold? (EU)
    Easiest:
    *Use real world money
    Farming:
    *Prices of The Dead es will go up so grinding ship grave 24/7
    *Subdu es (misty summit moonlight peak)
    *as others said s3 for r7 scrolls you can also s2 if you have time
    *don't know if this works on other servers (for low equips/levels) liontus, keghan (well-balanced es), beokros (berserker es)
    *succubus and muir everyday (hoping paradise stones will go up or you will get lucky with enthu es)
    *Ekinar for fast es, Fruitfull for valor, Roctune cabin for master (I think but I mostly farm it only for myself)
    Edit: Ye forgot to add deep corruption farm (but only good for servers with no inflation), some1 said that also 1st map of barbhe is good for mats since it's short...
    Marketing:
    *Buy cheap stuff sell expensive (easily said than done) you can buy cheap color ampules from marketplace and sell it later, other things if you want to sell it needs to be bought by mail/cod (like buying elixirs for cheap and sell 2 months later). This method require much money and is rewarding only if you are patient but can be tricky because you have to predict the prices in the future... Probably with lvl 95 prices of these will rise: Goldy mats, paradise stones, elixirs (new scrolls), r7 scrolls, the dead es....

Ps: When lvl 95 will come there will be players going dullahan with every char they have also 2 times a day (vip) to get those rares, so more char you have that are able to do new/endgame content the more money you can make in few first weeks/months of release.
    Pss: All is just an RNG if you are unlucky you can never catch up to those luckers with 3 sellable +15
    NakrastAsannamiSilentinePikkoPikkoKiyouji
  • NecrochildNecrochild
    Vindictus Rep: 3,325
    Usually buying low and selling high when there's interesting upcoming content.
  • SilentineSilentine
    Vindictus Rep: 1,285
    Jeez, there are plenty of ways to make gold in this game.
    1. Run Deep Corruption and do the side missions, thats 100k per run, + the mats you can usually get (powders, ores, heavenly leathers etc.)
    2. Do raids and gather seals for the seals shop, buy the orange mats from the seal shop and then craft a orange weapon, sell it.
    3. While farming seals from raids you also get chances to drop orange mats from the raid or a scroll.
    4. misty summit/moonlight peak / shipgraveyard/ crescent moon island are good places for scroll hunting (the dead es, subdued) not to mention that you can gather lambent powders, magic stones, shards, spirit water to make element stones and sell them, 300 - 400k each.
    5. Give beggar a coin farm for fast es.
  • 2edgy4u2edgy4u
    Vindictus Rep: 2,915
    BloodAngel wrote: »

and im holding on to the materials that you will be wanting to buy with those 600m ;)
  • BloodAngelBloodAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,875
    @2edgy4u well see we're creating some real supply and demand here aren't we xD
  • ChrysChrys
    Vindictus Rep: 540
    Gems don't seem to have depreciated as badly as other mats and it's fairly consistent since even if you don't get superiors fine gems are still good money.

So run Nif as much as possible.
  • Lois_LaneLois_Lane
    Vindictus Rep: 900
    Then - playing the commodities market was a fun part of the game.
    Now - clearing out is just a sad, sad chore
  • Question2Question2
    Deep corruption farming requires a bow kai to be done quickly since you can't see trash mob hp. Plus it gets tedious VERY quickly.

Why would someone buy a 2 star OJ weapon with gold when they can just use seals to make it themselves?
    Vladino wrote: »
    How to make gold? (EU)
    Easiest:
    *Use real world money
    Farming:
    *Prices of The Dead es will go up so grinding ship grave 24/7
    *Subdu es (misty summit moonlight peak)
    *as others said s3 for r7 scrolls you can also s2 if you have time
    *don't know if this works on other servers (for low equips/levels) liontus, keghan (well-balanced es), beokros (berserker es)
    *succubus and muir everyday (hoping paradise stones will go up or you will get lucky with enthu es)
    *Ekinar for fast es, Fruitfull for valor, Roctune cabin for master (I think but I mostly farm it only for myself)
    Edit: Ye forgot to add deep corruption farm (but only good for servers with no inflation), some1 said that also 1st map of barbhe is good for mats since it's short...
    Marketing:
    *Buy cheap stuff sell expensive (easily said than done) you can buy cheap color ampules from marketplace and sell it later, other things if you want to sell it needs to be bought by mail/cod (like buying elixirs for cheap and sell 2 months later). This method require much money and is rewarding only if you are patient but can be tricky because you have to predict the prices in the future... Probably with lvl 95 prices of these will rise: Goldy mats, paradise stones, elixirs (new scrolls), r7 scrolls, the dead es....

Ps: When lvl 95 will come there will be players going dullahan with every char they have also 2 times a day (vip) to get those rares, so more char you have that are able to do new/endgame content the more money you can make in few first weeks/months of release.
    Pss: All is just an RNG if you are unlucky you can never catch up to those luckers with 3 sellable +15

Yes, the price of dead ES will go up, but that's useless now unless you have perpetual enchant coupons to use on them, which requires NX or someone selling an airtight version (and most people are hoarding perp coupons now because they have the same idea that you do). And farming ship for hours in a row is really boring and likely to make you rage quit, especially as about half the time is wasted on backtracking for chests/trials in order to get a coin pouch.

I don't think stuff like WB/berserker drops enough to justify trying to farm them, especially since you would need to put together a party of at least 4 decent players to make it time efficient. That can be quite hard as most people focus on s2/s3 to try and get r7 scrolls.

Most people will not be able to go Dullahan with multiple characters given the 28k attack cap and that even decently geared players average 23k or below. To top it off, the boss will have nearly 9m hp or something ridiculous, so its very likely that an average party of mostly 23-24k players will take 30 minutes or more to kill it. I mean, sure, if you have a guild full of +15s who are willing to carry your alts, go ahead, but I think it would be kind of rude to try to join random boats with the average alt which has +9 event gear with 18-19k ATT. I'm sure there are players who alts with full OJ enchanted gear but they won't exactly be common.

• Question2Question2
    Silentine wrote: »
    Jeez, there are plenty of ways to make gold in this game.
    1. Run Deep Corruption and do the side missions, thats 100k per run, + the mats you can usually get (powders, ores, heavenly leathers etc.)
    2. Do raids and gather seals for the seals shop, buy the orange mats from the seal shop and then craft a orange weapon, sell it.
    3. While farming seals from raids you also get chances to drop orange mats from the raid or a scroll.
    4. misty summit/moonlight peak / shipgraveyard/ crescent moon island are good places for scroll hunting (the dead es, subdued) not to mention that you can gather lambent powders, magic stones, shards, spirit water to make element stones and sell them, 300 - 400k each.
    5. Give beggar a coin farm for fast es.

Deep corruption runs require a bow kai to be efficient, but get boring really quickly. If that works for you though, go ahead, but if you can do s3 raids with a decent party, it's definately faster and more efficient.

Why would people hoarding gold buy a OJ weapon instead of making one with seals?

Fast ES is kind of a mixed bag in my experience. I mean, anyone who is balance capped enough to use a fast ES is obviously well geared enough that they can easily solo Ekinar anyway. People still buy fast though, because some people just cannot be bothered to run it. But because most people are hoarding gold, it's more likely that people are willing to farm it themselves rather than spend gold on it.
  • Question2Question2
    Chrys wrote: »
    Gems don't seem to have depreciated as badly as other mats and it's fairly consistent since even if you don't get superiors fine gems are still good money.

So run Nif as much as possible.

Kind of curious here, who do you see buying fine gems? A decent party can clear Zecallion in 5 mins or less, and most players that I have seen just use one fine gem per slot and refuse to try for higher rolls because "it doesn't make much difference anyway". I just can't see anyone going nuts buying fine gems trying to get a max roll on a bracelet when they can run Zecallion to get their own gems. Throwing like 10 fine gems at a bracelet is only going to net you about 50 more ATT above average anyway. If you have spare fine gems and nothing better to use them for, sure, go ahead and gamble to get a max roll, but actually spending tons of gold buying fine gems off the market to do it...there's probably very few people willing to do that.