[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Anyone know a good Recording Program

Arrow95Arrow95
Vindictus Rep: 2,515
edited January 19, 2017 in General Discussion
I Record solos just with vindictus's Recording 30fps is always the death of me, anyway am not the best with computers so if anyone knows a good program for recording let me know on this thread, if you want.

Comments

• ISnatchMoneyISnatchMoney
    Vindictus Rep: 1,995
    i use OBS studio, it's free, aside from that i can also press and hold buttons, WINDOWS-HOMEButton+G and brings up a taskbar>record.
  • JamesGrossJamesGross
    Vindictus Rep: 2,600
    If you use any Nvidia video card. like I do, i just use the recorder that comes with the EVGA driver pack, keeps the file size small and good quality video and audio, doesnt lag my game at all
  • dazedgumballdazedgumball
    Vindictus Rep: 7,725
    Xsplit is pretty decent.
  • Arrow95Arrow95
    Vindictus Rep: 2,515
    Ty all
  • TetsujinTetsujin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,660
    Is there any good program for compressing video files, while keeping good quality ?

I started using the NVidia recorder & it's really good & creates no lag.

File size is better than Fraps, but still quite large, at around 500Mb for 1 and a half minutes of video.

I've tried compressing with Handbrake, using the normal settings, and it compresses the 500Mb down to around 170Mb, but the video quality falls quite a bit in the fast action scenes.
  • AtherionAtherion
    Vindictus Rep: 3,520
    edited May 20, 2017
    Windows Movie Maker works well for Shadowplay files. However, you can no longer get it off the official website so anchors ahoy if you wanna take the risk.

Also serves as a decent and easy to use video editor for people who don't really do complex editing.
  • 2edgy4u2edgy4u
    Vindictus Rep: 2,915
    loilo is pretty good, free too
  • AyPoolAyPool
    Vindictus Rep: 1,285
    I personally use MSI Afterburner.
    AMD Relive as a backup.
  • TamagoTamago
    Vindictus Rep: 5,460
    Shadowplay, Bandicam, Dxtory, OBS, Xsplit, Fraps.
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    I tried using obs studio, but even on the high quality file size setting, the recorded videos ended up being blurry at 720p. I had to use the indistinguishable file size setting to get decent quality, but that resulted in massive files.

Nvidia shadowplay requires geforce experience which works like malware (it constantly opens itself even after you close it, updates itself everytime you open it, all without informing you or letting you stop it).

Handbrake is the fastest video converter that I have used, I have no idea why, but most video converters take forever to convert a small file. You can adust the quality in the video tab using the quality slider.
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Vindictus Rep: 5,590
    I do things slightly weird when recording since I don't really do any video edits. I just have OBS stream to Youtube as a private stream since Youtube allows up to 20,000 kbps upload. Works fine for me xD I normally do around 13-14kbps
  • GldPhoenixGldPhoenix
    Vindictus Rep: 1,020
    Using Nvidia Shadowplay and having no issues (all my videos are recorded using it)
  • RhapsodyOfFireRhapsodyOfFire
    Vindictus Rep: 5,375
    i use OBS studio, it's free, aside from that i can also press and hold buttons, WINDOWS-HOMEButton+G and brings up a taskbar>record.

+1

It also doesn't seem to use much resources.

If you have an Nvidia card then you can use Shadowplay, otherwise OBS works fine too. I haven't had any issues with it either. If you want good quality then record it with the best quality possible (it doesn't matter if the file size is big). Then you can adjust the quality/size ratio with converters like ffmpeg.
  • DeraeghylDeraeghyl
    Vindictus Rep: 420
    Arrow95 wrote: »
    I Record solos just with vindictus's Recording 30fps is always the death of me, anyway am not the best with computers so if anyone knows a good program for recording let me know on this thread, if you want.

I use shadowplay or fraps.
    Tetsujin wrote: »
    Is there any good program for compressing video files, while keeping good quality ?

I started using the NVidia recorder & it's really good & creates no lag.

File size is better than Fraps, but still quite large, at around 500Mb for 1 and a half minutes of video.

I've tried compressing with Handbrake, using the normal settings, and it compresses the 500Mb down to around 170Mb, but the video quality falls quite a bit in the fast action scenes.

Virtualdub with x264 vfw codec is always my first choice. You could also try Lightworks free version.
  • AnimaniaAnimania
    Vindictus Rep: 600
    Howd you record using shadowplay when my shadowplay cant detect vindictus :( You guys recording in desktop mode?