[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Hydrogen Cars

MokutonMokuton
Vindictus Rep: 1,700
edited May 17, 2017 in Off Topic Discussion

I'm thinking about investing in one of these, but there are currently not many Hydrogen Fueling Stations outside of California.

http://www.afdc.energy.gov/fuels/hydrogen_locations.html

1. Would you buy a Hydrogen Car?4 votes
    1. Yes
       50% (2 votes)
    2. No
       50% (2 votes)

Comments

• MrGoldMrGold
    Vindictus Rep: 1,490
    edited May 18, 2017
    I'm voting no. Only because solid state lithium by itself will beat out gas fuel cars. Recharge time on solid state lithium is way faster, and it holds way more power than liquid lithium. You can also make the outer fabric of the car be solar cells to constantly charge the car while moving(I'm looking at you Tesla). Also, charging stations should be cheaper than Hydrogen stations.

Only issues with a pure solid state lithium car would probably be longer times to refill vs gas/hydro, and increased cost for electrical car repair. Though I'm not sure how much more they could possibly charge for electrical car repair vs gas car repairs, since gas cars nowadays already have electrical components in them and have a much higher maintenance cost vs electrical cars. Since electric cars do not require oil changes, because there is no oil used to run the engines. Same for fan belts, air filters, spark plugs or any of other parts that need occasional replacement for a gasoline car. Even the brakes on an electric car last longer than a gasoline car, because electric cars slows the car by reversing the electrical motor instead of applying mechanical friction.

• MrGoldMrGold
    Vindictus Rep: 1,490
    tl;dr: Wait a few more years. Solid state should beat Hydrogen. Unless there are ASAP people that need their car refilled immediately.
  • Thinh2Thinh2
    Vindictus Rep: 765
    edited May 26, 2017
    The only way to promote these vehicles is if the government gives incentives, discounts, or tax benefits for people who choose to buy one.

https://www.afdc.energy.gov/fuels/laws/HY/CA

If hydrogen or electric vehicles are the future, companies need to start investing in more than just one state.