[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

KR Vindictus Showcase

탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
Vindictus Rep: 5,590
edited May 18, 2017 in Future Content
Recently we had a drawing of players who were invited to go to the Community Summit for the KR Region of Vindictus. The Summit is on May 19th :) No I was not invited (for obvious reasons since i don't live there) But 4 of my friends that stream as well were invited so I'm pretty excited to see what we learn with the upcoming content. I will keep you all updated when more info is released :D

Edit: Originally I was told and I read the community summit was the 19th. I was just recently told in the Vindictus Discord that there was a DevNote stating it's on the 21st instead. This has been confirmed. It's on the 21st not the 19th. I apologize for the incorrect date.
VernandiBoatGodBloodAngelMochiSweetSlothPrincess

Comments

• AimAndKillAimAndKill
    Vindictus Rep: 1,590
    edited May 8, 2017
    :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
  • BoatGodBoatGod
    Vindictus Rep: 2,575
    F3qSnON.png
  • dazedgumballdazedgumball
    Vindictus Rep: 7,725
    Oh goodie. Maybe they can take some of the community's complaints and actually address them to the devs.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    I wonder if NA will have another summit before Vindi closes its doors.
  • JynXiJynXi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,025
    Keep us updated and keep up the good work bro!
  • NakrastNakrast
    Vindictus Rep: 1,060
    The dev seem to be pretty confident, so i'm filled with hope, i really want Vindictus to survive.
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    I wont have any updates until after the community summit has already happened so my guess would be probably the 20th if my friends still have the energy to get online.
  • BloodAngelBloodAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,875
    I remeber Combat Arms had a community summit I believe last summer, pretty much a lot of their ideas weren't addressed in the new update they came out with Operation Janus... but here's to hoping!
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    Community summits are almost always just PR events to make the devs look good. The devs just do whatever they want. There seems to be a pervasive attitude in the gaming industry that there is no point or need in taking customer feedback seriously...the devs for the last command and conquer game even went on record saying that they knew the fans wanted the usual base building game but they wanted to do something else, so the game bombed.

Pretty much every improvement in vindi was motivated purely by increased competition and falling revenue.

I mean, our server time all got changed to london time even though literally not a single player requested or suggested it. That's pretty much proof that Nexon does whatever they want without bothering to ask first.
    BloodAngelKenpo
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Question2 wrote: »
    Community summits are almost always just PR events to make the devs look good. The devs just do whatever they want. There seems to be a pervasive attitude in the gaming industry that there is no point or need in taking customer feedback seriously...the devs for the last command and conquer game even went on record saying that they knew the fans wanted the usual base building game but they wanted to do something else, so the game bombed.

Pretty much every improvement in vindi was motivated purely by increased competition and falling revenue.

I mean, our server time all got changed to london time even though literally not a single player requested or suggested it. That's pretty much proof that Nexon does whatever they want without bothering to ask first.

No idea tbh. I just wanna see what they are planning. That's all I care about atm since I already know specific things like "New Engine" and what not will not even be remotely address.
  • BowtacojrBowtacojr
    Vindictus Rep: 2,545
    @Question2 While I don't know the details of what the Korean players will ask for, there's limitations on what devs can do, especially in a game as old as Vindictus.

If they do another KR summit, we should try and get Nexon NA to send one of us to it as a representative.
    @Bowtacojr That would be nice, but why would they? There was no summit at all last year in NA and not a peep was made about it. One out of nowhere this year seems unlikely. It looks like they've shuffled the budget around and NA having players present ideas in-person is no longer a priority. I doubt it will happen, but if you're serious about it you should make a case for it in General.
  • BowtacojrBowtacojr
    @Prototypemind Why would they send someone to Korea? It'd be cheaper than hosting their own and would likely have the same effect, in theory.

I don't expect we'll ever get another NA summit, but piggy-backing off one somewhere else isn't completely unlikely.
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Bowtacojr wrote: »
    If they do another KR summit, we should try and get Nexon NA to send one of us to it as a representative.

I think that would be a good idea as well. They would make a huge contest out of it instead of choosing the right people to go though so at the same time it would be a double edged sword. The other question is would Nexon NA hire a translator or send someone from their localization team to accompany that representative?
  • QueenOfManaQueenOfMana
    Vindictus Rep: 4,960
    Looking forward to the new stuff :D
  • BowtacojrBowtacojr
    edited May 17, 2017
    I think that would be a good idea as well. They would make a huge contest out of it instead of choosing the right people to go though so at the same time it would be a double edged sword. The other question is would Nexon NA hire a translator or send someone from their localization team to accompany that representative?

Nexon is an international corporation that does a lot of business in other countries, so I imagine getting a translator wouldn't be a huge issue, or they may already have one in their staff.

As far as who we'd send, yeah it would be a bloodbath, but what I'd focus on is getting whoever we send a good list of reasonable ideas to improve the quality of life in the western versions. Mainly it would be easy changes, like what we are talking about in the ap discussion.

It's pretty clear that our interests as players are different than Korean players, so it's important that KR understands that, mainly so they know how to keep our interest, but also how to keep us buying things in game.

• 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드

Nexon is an international corporation that does a lot of business in other countries, so I imagine getting a translator wouldn't be a huge issue, or they may already have one in their staff.

As far as who we'd send, yeah it would be a bloodbath, but what I'd focus on is getting whoever we send a good list of reasonable ideas to improve the quality of life in the western versions. Mainly it would be easy changes, like what we are talking about in the ap discussion.

It's pretty clear that our interests as players are different than Korean players, so it's important that KR understands that, mainly so they know how to keep our interest, but also how to keep us buying things in game.

True. As far as the playerbase goes I have no idea what is expected when asked. I'll know once my friends attend and as their questions. Though this is indeed a good discussion about sending a representative to a KR summit. You guys have better suggestions than I do that's for sure xD
    @Prototypemind Why would they send someone to Korea? It'd be cheaper than hosting their own and would likely have the same effect, in theory.

I don't expect we'll ever get another NA summit, but piggy-backing off one somewhere else isn't completely unlikely.
    Yep, I know it's cheaper, but it's also not free, and considering that we can't even get a response as to what's going on with a lot of other things in the game I doubt we'll convince them to send someone to KR. Besides which, the summit just happened, which means another 6 months to a year until anything happens again I'm guessing. I'm really not optimistic about the outcome if it's that long before NA players get to give any real input to the game.

Like I said though, if you're seriously interested in making it happen you should push for it and get efforts going ASAP, because things like these tend to require a lot of effort and finessing to pull off.
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Actually its the 19th 4AM in kr now. The summit has yet to even have the players there i think. There wasnt a post of a changed date that i know of.
    Okay, I stand corrected, it's about to happen. We still won't have a rep from NA there for this year, meaning it will be sometime in 2018 at the earliest that anything like that would happen. Beside that point, the majority of what we're asking for has been voiced already. Direct launch back, for one. I can on imagine the rioting over there in KR if players were forced onto it. Two, fix the damn bugs. Three, communicate with players, which Nexon Global, not KR, is responsible for. The lack of an NA summit just speaks to Global not thinking the market is worth the resources anymore and speaks additionally to how little they take our input into consideration when they aren't in the mood to.

Flying an NA rep to KR isn't going to magically make the CMs and GMs here start communicating regularly. TERA NA has a player council and all they do is smile at the free swag EME throws their way and do nothing to advance the game for the majority. If their CMs and Vindi Global CMs would do their job a listen to the community and communicate neither would be such a necessity. If they want to have them, it's all gouda, but they're useless if player concerns aren't listened to.