[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Fleshing out the world of Vindi and Vindi trivia

KursKurs
Vindictus Rep: 2,320
in Story
So, like in all games there's plenty of minute details that goes into the games to flesh out the world and tell small stories and add details to the every day lives of the worlds citizens and Vindi is no exception. So yeah, what do you think those are.

Like for instance:
Brynn has a picture of Tieve on his table so he might be a creepy Tieve stalker.

the measurement of magic is called Brynn

Lynns family name might officially be Yuyeon or something like that, because that's what it was in Legeon of Heroes.

Those giant round wooden containers on boats and around places might be our bathtubs.

In, Blood Prince there's a giant picture of one of the lower level vampires which means either vampires are intelligent or more likely some people in Ainle had previous knowledge of the vampires and hence previous experience with them prior to the town getting destroyed.

Furghus might actually be an awesome blacksmith, because Hurk was a blacksmith and we don't see him or the other blacksmiths enhancing our gear... or he's a jerk... or all Hurks are jerks and you all have been hiding this ability from me.

Comments

• 2edgy4u2edgy4u
    Vindictus Rep: 2,915
    ingkells kept a succubus in his castle, that old perv
    BloodAngelOrder5
  • BoatGodBoatGod
    Vindictus Rep: 2,575
    edited May 6, 2017
    when Glas grabs you, you can see heavy breath of air coming from his mouth indicating that he was thinking of doing something naughty to your character after he forces you on the floor.
    2edgy4u
  • SilentineSilentine
    Vindictus Rep: 1,285
    If you read the mabinogi mythos, Feghus, Glas, Moriggan and others are based on real mythos.

About Ferghus, I am not sure but i think I red somewhere that he was once a royal blacksmith but got send away for trying forbidden techniques or something like that. The best blacksmith in Mabinogi mythis is Giobhiu.
    Glas, well he is not supposed to be Glas, read the mythos you will be amazed what Glas actually is is the legends.
    In the storyline Brynn often mentions about the picture of Tieve on his desk.
    The vampires ofcurse are intelligent. How would they get dressed in the morning if they were not? I think the pictures appearing in ainle of vampires might be a effect caused by them entering this world. (IDK i am shooting in the dark)
    The mesurment of magic is called Brynn because...well he is the one that crafts them for ya.

Other things to notice:
    Statue of Cerberus in Ainle
    Sometimes a distant roar can be heard in Crescent moonisland.
    Macha is evil.
    Neamain is part of Moriggan, aka Moriggan is evil, (might be a raid boss in distant future)
    Lugh should turn good, If i am not mistaken he is the one that kills Cichol in the mythos.
  • KursKurs
    Vindictus Rep: 2,320
    edited May 16, 2017
    actually the unit for magic is Brynn because Reily made it so. It was in one of the chitchats with him, I think his reason might've been something like "why not" or "I was too lazy to think of something else" or "I wanted to piss off Brynn" So apparently Reily is a super duper big deal in the magic community
    BloodAngel
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    edited May 18, 2017
    Kurs wrote: »
    Brynn has a picture of Tieve on his table so he might be a creepy Tieve stalker.
    He loves her, and it was said straight-forward in S1 story. Also she was probably aware of the picture, since she visited him for tea.

In, Blood Prince there's a giant picture of one of the lower level vampires which means either vampires are intelligent or more likely some people in Ainle had previous knowledge of the vampires and hence previous experience with them prior to the town getting destroyed.
    Vampires were said to appear from the other world, after Brynn tried to summon Morrigan and summoned broken Glas instead, or after The Pontiff's Court started experiments. Unsure of who exactly caused the destruction of Ainle. Either way picture of Vampire doesn't make sense story wise, unless it was put there after the events for no reason.

Furghus might actually be an awesome blacksmith, because Hurk was a blacksmith and we don't see him or the other blacksmiths enhancing our gear... or he's a jerk... or all Hurks are jerks and you all have been hiding this ability from me.
    Ferghus made me some nice weapons - sure he is capable of it! Given how much work he has, no wonder he fails frequently though.
    Hurk was just an apprentice, maybe he's not good enough to do stuff.

2edgy4u wrote: »
    ingkells kept a succubus in his castle, that old perv
    Her beauty is her course - a lot of men wanted to abuse her, so she eventually became who she is. Ingkells gave her a place to stay hidden, but who knows what else happened in "the secret chamber".

Silentine wrote: »
    If you read the mabinogi mythos, Feghus, Glas, Moriggan and others are based on real mythos.
    To be more exact - it's all based on Celtic culture and mythology. Other than major/key elements like characters and the whole "Fomor" thing - You can see the "decoration" (celtic knots) all around, including original game logo. At the same time there's Rocheste and the Church.
    Season 2 refers to other though, more "main stream" (golden pirate age, ancient egypt, some jungle tribes, vikings as well)

• TheEagleTrollTheEagleTroll
    Vindictus Rep: 1,065
    In Celtic mythology Glas Ghaibhleann was a green cow with white spots on it, if I remember right it had 10 legs, and it gave a huge amount of milk, idk why in Mabinogi and Vindictus they turned it into a 4 armed winged monster........
  • BoatGodBoatGod
    Vindictus Rep: 2,575
    edited June 21, 2017
    @TheEagleTroll I wouldn't want to fight a white spotted, green cow with 10 legs. That is a Horror that no one needs to see.
  • TheEagleTrollTheEagleTroll
    Vindictus Rep: 1,065
    BoatGod wrote: »
    @TheEagleTroll I wouldn't want to fight a white spotted, green cow with 10 legs. That is a Horror that no one needs to see.

Dude are you serious? :D That's the kind of boss that I'd like to see in Vindictus, I usually troll the Crom boats, cuz when he says "Erinn has no need for your ilk" many players understand milk instead of ilk and thus like to troll about it, but.... if there really was a cow boss that can shoot you with milk and take a dung on you (all of these dealing damage), I'd ROFL every match. That'd be the boss that I'd fight all day. Too bad Glas is just that abomination.....(Ancient Glas is cool though :D )