[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Gremlin event strategies

Comments

• EfixEfix
    Vindictus Rep: 525
    I like how killing the special gremlins resets all the cooldowns on skills. Certain classes really benefit from that.
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    I know Prototypemind said for evies to use scythes, but as I staffie I can get the bar filled up all the way to the top.
    I spam the autorun (set to mine Q key) with gremlin buff and throughout the maps.

Then again I have a lvl 80 staff thats +13 with 60 base speed.

Staff is definately faster than scythe. Scythe has to wind up combos, staff magic arrow one shots gremlins and is ranged. Flying sparrow also one shots gremlins so you dont have to blade shift after blinking.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Magic arrow definitely does not one shot gremlins unless you have a decent staff and gear. The +9 Arma Staff and event gear doesn't have my Evie one shotting. Scythe with Insane Reaper + baby gremlin buff will keep you flying through everything. Definitely my weapon of choice. Each person's mileage may vary, but with comparable weapons, scythe is a much faster clear.

Again, Void Star also allows you to fire and forget on the large bunches of gremlins, and on the off chance the blast might miss one, you can smash as you go through them and make sure that you don't miss any. Just the way I see it.
  • ikeviikevi
    Vindictus Rep: 3,670
    edited May 15, 2017
    Magic arrow definitely does not one shot gremlins unless you have a decent staff and gear. The +9 Arma Staff and event gear doesn't have my Evie one shotting. Scythe with Insane Reaper + baby gremlin buff will keep you flying through everything. Definitely my weapon of choice. Each person's mileage may vary, but with comparable weapons, scythe is a much faster clear.

Again, Void Star also allows you to fire and forget on the large bunches of gremlins, and on the off chance the blast might miss one, you can smash as you go through them and make sure that you don't miss any. Just the way I see it.

Agreed, my lv 64 evie had issues with staff, with scythe it was supper easy.

Side note, I also like bow Kai over crossbow due to Ricochet Shot with lower level characters.
  • NecrochildNecrochild
    Vindictus Rep: 3,325
    Faceroll it because it's literally a trash event, nothing but trash mobs + no attack cap.
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    Apparently the quest item Gremlin's Soldier Tag also drops from the gremlin mobs. That's convenient. If anyone forgot or didn't know, you need 10 of them for the S2 sub-story "Mother".
  • AbaddanAbaddan
    Vindictus Rep: 2,320
    edited May 16, 2017
    Lann: Don't sword Lann. Spear Lann and Spin2Win. Use Fury Infusion to keep your stam up. Since there is almost no damage to be taken you don't have to worry about HP. Use Slashing High whenever it's up. With most of the mobs you'll build so much SP that you can go right back into SH on the next mob.
    • Sylas: Spacebar + Smash to jet around the map. Use Spectral Sting and Phantasmic Slash to clear everything in a hurry when mobs are grouped up.
    • Evie: Use Scythe, blink across areas where possible, use Void Star whenever you have mobs in order to pull them together and kill them quickly.
    • Kai: Go Xgun. The roll, Hollow Shot, and the ease of switching targets with regular bolts make it a no brainer over Bow.
    • Vella: Chain's ability to clear an entire section in one pass and a much better dodge for moving across the map > swords easily.
    • Delia: Use her hop, and come out of it with smashes to wipe mobs quickly. Full moon can work as well.
    • Hurk: Space into continual Space + Smash spin to quickly wipe areas.
    • Karok: Pillar is likely the fastest because of speed boost after it's tossed, and the mobs are crazy weak, so just go all out. Cestus should be fine as well.

All characters: Stimulant: Dead Run will work, so if you're using a lowbie without a decent speed weapon, use this to fill in gaps if necessary.

All mobs spawn in the same places each time, so if you pay attention they you'll know where the gremlins are for the stamina boost. If there are multiple, chain them as you go to stagger the buff.

If you don't have a decent weapon, grab a cheap level 50 weapon and enhance it up to +8 or +9--it won't reset unless you fail going for +10, so it's an easy way to get a little more speed.

Cestus karok may be better, I fill the bar completely every run. You can spam Raging Volcano and when you kill the stealth gremlin it resets the cooldown so you can use it again. Once you know when to use it, it's literally a couple minute run and you get it filled every time.

10fxr8h.jpg
    5nlkax.jpg
  • ikeviikevi
    edited May 27, 2017
    So anyone figure out a good way for lower level arishas? I can manage 5 bars with trans, but she is by far the hardest class for me to get to 5 without it. I tend to use Counter Drain -> Arcane Flurry as much as possible, but I am just too slow traversing the map + don't have quite enough mana for everything. (I do use MP swap the instant the countdown is done which helps a lot.)

Thoughts?

Oh and now I understand how you can make lynn fun... "Just" have >120 atspd.
  • hornywatermelonhornywatermelon
    Vindictus Rep: 3,985
    edited May 27, 2017
    ^ Mana Region and that 2nd no-sp, low cooldown skill are your best friends when dealing with groups. That and good positioning to throw crystal properly.
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Do ether zone on large mobs that you can get at once and keep moving. She is ridiculously slow and scooting across the map is her biggest issue.
  • ikeviikevi
    Thanks for the tips. I wasn't bothering with throwing my crystal/ether zone much since I thought it would slow me down. Turns out ether zone kills them like crazy so it makes it much easier :-)
  • SlothPrincessSlothPrincess
    Vindictus Rep: 1,420
    My sword fiona has 18k att and 29 speed. I found it easiest to use 3rd smash to kill everything. The first room will be slow but if you save sp you will have enough to use slashing high thru the rest of the map. I'm a paladin which helped it go a bit faster
  • SefSef
    Vindictus Rep: 1,310
    In my own personal experience, Sword Lann was honestly pretty easy to run this event with. I almost maxed the bar too, I think.

Not gonna lie though. I doubt I'd be able to do as well as I currently can if my stats weren't as good.

Anyway though, for moving around spamming shift to sprint works well when you don't have the gremlin buff; chaining slip dash is faster but leaves you with no stamina to attack with unless you have the buff.

Thousand Needles is gonna be your best friend for this mission. Aim it and your glides right and you'll be able to clear rooms pretty quick. I would advise against using Double Crescent and gust sting though. Double Crescent's stamina cost and range are ****. Gust sting is buggy as hell and you can almost never glide off it when it crits.
    Alongside thousand needles, 3rd is the next best smash to use imo. Works even nicer when you have infinities fused.
  • LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    Vindictus Rep: 5,275
    Friendly bump with the return of this event on 10/10/2018.
    NippyKindLangurOrder5
  • NippyKindLangurNippyKindLangur
    Vindictus Rep: 765
    LoLoBooty wrote: »
    Friendly bump with the return of this event on 10/10/2018.

Thanks for bumping this, this should be helpful.