[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Lynn's secondary wish list

LaharLahar
Vindictus Rep: 1,285
edited April 13, 2017 in Lynn
I consider glaive to be an ok weapon. Lynn is to get a secondary update after Hurk.

Discuss how this character could be better.
I myself have a lv90 Arisha, 90 Lynn and I might level up a Delia.

I would level up a Haggie but I prefer female characters.
Besides wanting some distance good defense is also a must.

Or just put slashing high on glaive would be much better. Also high knock down on iron monkey.
  1. Lynn's wish list17 votes
    1. A secondary similar to Haggie - strong mid range
       24% (4 votes)
    2. A secondary similar to Cross Gun - rapid mid range
       0% (0 votes)
    3. Hurk - close gun range
       6% (1 vote)
    4. No guns for Lynn, prefer melee
       71% (12 votes)

Comments

• SuhpremeSuhpreme
    Vindictus Rep: 3,935
    i just wanna look anime as fck
  • MixxiaMixxia
    Vindictus Rep: 1,740
    Id be happy with any kinda ranged weapon. The most important thing would be no gimmic crap. Gimmie a dodge/block based on how close/far i need to be. No dodge/teleport that just fails to work 20% of the time for no reason. No marks that vanish between boss phases. depend heavily on how laggy you are or just waste when a mob instantly jumps into iframes mid detonate. How about a least a character with some strengths instead of all handicaps.
  • ZatoxZatox
    Vindictus Rep: 755
    Lynn has influences from Shaolin, using the Guandao (Glaive). I hope Lynn will get smth similar, but smth unique. A Giant fan in primary slot. Shuriken in secondary slot.
    1. Throw shuriken to apply blue marks,
    2. Apply timed smashes with fan to upgrade to gold marks,
    3. Ranged SP skill to detonate.

Something like that ^^
    LeggendaxuSlothPrincess
  • LaharLahar
    Vindictus Rep: 1,285
    Zatox wrote: »
    Lynn has influences from Shaolin, using the Guandao (Glaive). I hope Lynn will get smth similar, but smth unique. A Giant fan in primary slot. Shuriken in secondary slot.
    1. Throw shuriken to apply blue marks,
    2. Apply timed smashes with fan to upgrade to gold marks,
    3. Ranged SP skill to detonate.

Something like that ^^

Hurk went from Great Sword to Shotgun.

john10
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    edited April 14, 2017
    Lynn's new weapon will be a musical instrument that allows you to summon creatures as smash attacks. Gameplay will revolve around swapping in and out creatures to perform combo attacks, and some active skills will give your next creature a certain buff. The creatures will be reflective of those that once inhabited Lynn's fallen kingdom.

No, I don't actually know if this is true. This is just a random thought.
  • ZatoxZatox
    Vindictus Rep: 755
    Lahar wrote: »
    Hurk went from Great Sword to Shotgun.

Now you mention it.. That is somewhat similar.
  • MarronGlacesMarronGlaces
    Vindictus Rep: 1,055
    Giant rocket propelled hammer with a drill attachment.
  • SgtDesertSgtDesert
    Vindictus Rep: 1,125
    edited May 7, 2017
    I'm really hoping for a chainblade Vella type feel with a whip or something so you can grab and flip enemies. Lynn and her flippiness would look great and make the gameplay very smooth. The weapon designs would be lacking however since, you know, whips have one basic look. It'll also add a somewhat naughty feel to the "innocent" lynn... But however, I think a whip would be SO FUN TO PLAY, and probably OP
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    Save the standard whip for Arisha. She would be perfect with a Mana Whip. I think Lynn's second weapon should be mid-range like Sylas'. Maybe kusari-fundo twin chains that extend like Vella's but with a closer-in attack style, still using marks, but slightly varied mechanics. Maybe faster normal strikes but slower smashes to leave marks, and fewer needed for max damage. Maybe a weighted chain /cord flail with blades on the end, though the movements would actually be somewhat similar to the glaive in order to land the attacks.

Bit of range, and a bit of close-in work.
  • 2edgy4u2edgy4u
    Vindictus Rep: 2,915
    edited May 8, 2017
    Order5 wrote: »
    Lynn's new weapon will be a musical instrument that allows you to summon creatures as smash attacks. Gameplay will revolve around swapping in and out creatures to perform combo attacks, and some active skills will give your next creature a certain buff. The creatures will be reflective of those that once inhabited Lynn's fallen kingdom.

do you mean literal summoned creatures or just a graphic effect? i think something like the latter would be easier to implement and balance, if less interesting

anyway it made me think of this. (edit: aww this clip doesnt even show the best part where they summon an army of sonic phantom warriors. watch the movie. it's great)

i'm still hoping for claws and voldo moveset, incl headbutt parry
    @2edgy4u as in fighting claws? Would not object to that. Do want.
  • 2edgy4u2edgy4u
    @Prototypemind something like this i suppose, which is very similar to blood lord, now that i think about it
    latest?cb=20120521165256

I was thinking something a little shorter, but that's sorta like Vega's from Street Fighter. Could work.

Concept-Claws-2.png
    Skins like this on both hands +drool
    Or...
    1373ace7c22b2d674b2133e63fbdf750.jpg
    One hand with the claw for marks, the other a standard fist to set them off. I could get behind either, and maybe have it where they have an enhanced attack like Mana Edge, or where they have some range like Sylas' projectiles.

Maybe something more compact?
    neko-te.jpg

Definitely liking the idea.
  • SuhpremeSuhpreme
    Vindictus Rep: 3,935
    edited May 8, 2017
    oops

just give lynn a second stick
  • john10john10
    Vindictus Rep: 2,755
    idk
    here some other music users. hunting horn sounds weird lol

octavia [warframe]
    warfarame1.jpg

hunting horn [monster hunter]
    509833-dl06.jpg
  • john10john10
    edited May 9, 2017
    a knife

triplet #2 [master kims]
    wuktvga.jpg

tonberry [crisis core]
    latest?cb=20110117234120
  • VladinoVladino
    Vindictus Rep: 2,875
    2nd weapon is bein tested nao ^^
    Guess what is it?
    2017_05_09_0007a.jpg
    Tha cat is my 2nd weapon >.<
    2017_05_09_0008a.jpg
    What about bell?
    2017_05_09_0027a.jpg
    Hammah (but two-handed)
    2017_05_09_0028a.jpg
    One-handed glaive :v
    2017_05_09_0030a.jpg
    2017_05_09_0031a.jpg
    2017_05_09_0032a.jpg
    2017_05_09_0033a.jpg
    Another gun?
    2017_05_09_0035a.jpg
    Can shoot from any angle *pew pew
    2017_05_09_0038a.jpg
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    2edgy4u wrote: »

do you mean literal summoned creatures or just a graphic effect? i think something like the latter would be easier to implement and balance, if less interesting

Literal summoned creatures. Evie gets a sacrificial wisp, a mana pistol, and a pet golem so I don't see why not.

As for all the people asking for claws, I'm guessing you mean something like the Diablo II assassin with dual-wield claws, charge-up attacks, kick-based finishing moves, etc. I would link a video, but there aren't any good ones with Dragon Flight (teleport-kick skill).
  • 2edgy4u2edgy4u
    edited May 9, 2017

Literal summoned creatures. Evie gets a sacrificial wisp, a mana pistol, and a pet golem so I don't see why not.

As for all the people asking for claws, I'm guessing you mean something like the Diablo II assassin with dual-wield claws, charge-up attacks, kick-based finishing moves, etc. I would link a video, but there aren't any good ones with Dragon Flight (teleport-kick skill).

i think it matters that evie's summons are just extra fluff outside of her core gameplay. remove some or all of them and evie would still play the same in 99% of situations.

i could see core gameplay revolving around summons working if they were mostly like the wisps rather than the golems, which suffer from issues like pathing, pushing/blocking other players, being very binary (too strong when they can block/tank bosses, completely useless when they get stuck on something/bosses ignore them). if they could somehow make pet micromanagement responsive and satisfying, i'd be all for it.
  • john10john10
    Señora Maria [re4]
    2df364fb02720f7dd1373bb295272d48.jpg