[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Can anyone confirm this "GM restore"?

ReasonablyBoredReasonablyBored
Vindictus Rep: 1,075
edited May 8, 2017 in General Discussion
So one of my friends destroyed her weapon the 2nd time after having already recovered it through AP, she told me she'll get it back because GM's will restore your weapon back once only. Is this true? I just wanna know 100% before I try to to enhance again lol

Comments

• SuhpremeSuhpreme
    Vindictus Rep: 3,935
    edited May 8, 2017
    thats a load of dog
    TheNakedDuck
  • DealerDealer
    Vindictus Rep: 2,815
    One time restore for the entire account.
    So lets say you got a weapon back in the past, for whatever reason glitch/misunderstanding/misclick. Then you won't be able to get any other weapons from them, even on a different character.

Also they will only restore an item that has been permaboomed.
    ReasonablyBoredNakrastarkaine757BloodAngelAnthonytonyboy
  • ReasonablyBoredReasonablyBored
    Dealer wrote: »
    So lets say you got a weapon back in the past, for whatever reason glitch/misunderstanding/misclick. Then you won't be able to get any other weapons from them, even on a different character.

Thanks for the info!
  • TamagoTamago
    Vindictus Rep: 5,460

or deleted
    Anthonytonyboy
  • SuhpremeSuhpreme
    Vindictus Rep: 3,935
    edited May 9, 2017
    wtf, ok gm u better restore my boomed +14 lvl 95 dullhan orange weapon
    BloodAngel
  • JynXiJynXi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,025
    Why people didn't know about this?
  • MadcobraMadcobra
    Vindictus Rep: 5,230
    Good to have that confirmed .
  • MetallitMetallit
    Vindictus Rep: 420
    I can confirm the Weapon Restore. They gave me back +14
  • NakrastNakrast
    Vindictus Rep: 1,060

Only weapons that were destoryed after the merge or even before?
  • DealerDealer
    edited May 9, 2017
    Nakrast wrote: »

Only weapons that were destoryed after the merge or even before?

I think up to 3 months prior, maybe less these days. So since its been over 3 months since the merge anything before the merge won't be eligible.

Also someone else mentioned deleted works as well.
    NakrastReasonablyBoredBloodAngel
  • KrevosKrevos
    Vindictus Rep: 455
    JynXi wrote: »
    Why people didn't know about this?

It was never explained explicitly until someone asked in a support ticket. I think.
    BloodAngel
  • DealerDealer
    edited May 9, 2017
    There was actually a big thing on the old forums since players didn't like the option and wanted it removed.
    Afterwards it became more restrictive just to appease those players but it is still around. So it's understandable that some find it strange that players are still asking if it's a thing.
  • 2edgy4u2edgy4u
    Vindictus Rep: 2,915
    mfw a bunch of players just went out and used up their 1 chance after reading this thread, forgetting that current equipment will be worthless soon
    BloodAngel
  • KrevosKrevos
    Vindictus Rep: 455
    There was actually a big thing on the old forums since players didn't like the option and wanted it removed.
    Afterwards it became more restrictive just to appease those players but it is still around. So it's understandable that some find it strange that players are still asking if it's a thing.

Players wanted it removed back then because a certain someone was exploiting the restoration system pretty harshly and players didn't deem it fair at all. Can't blame them.
    BloodAngel
  • DealerDealer
    Krevos wrote: »

Players wanted it removed back then because a certain someone was exploiting the restoration system pretty harshly and players didn't deem it fair at all. Can't blame them.

However any player could use the same system at that time and the item was still permabound to the character.
    So I don't know, I can't say I completely agree with how the community reacted to it at that time.

However I agree that bringing attention to the exploits of the level 90 booming system was a good thing, but really that should have been brought up regardless of GM restores.
    NakrastReasonablyBored
  • MadcobraMadcobra
    Vindictus Rep: 5,230
    edited May 9, 2017
    2edgy4u wrote: »
    mfw a bunch of players just went out and used up their 1 chance after reading this thread, forgetting that current equipment will be worthless soon

Im waiting for new weapon to come to use my chance + best
  • BloodAngelBloodAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,875
    Lol I remember seeing desidaratum (Cameri) make a vid about quiting vindi and that was on of the things he referenced. It really isn't fair that if you "accidently" boomed your weapon a 2nd time that a gm will restore it for you. I think they added that limit Dealer is talking about because of them realizing it got abused (which it did when people first started hearing about it).
  • NakrastNakrast
    Vindictus Rep: 1,060
    aQORL4l.jpg
    God bless GM restore xD
    2edgy4u
  • SAXSAX
    Vindictus Rep: 1,605
    Can anyone post what steps are needed for a gm to restore an item?
  • ReasonablyBoredReasonablyBored
    Just ask for a one time restore mention that it's the first time you perma boomed your weapon, they will only restore it once , has to be within 3 months of destruction
    Krevos