[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

have some daily events like the easter bunny event

john10john10
Vindictus Rep: 2,755
edited May 3, 2017 in Future Content
I just thought this might be a good idea for players who have difficulty buying enhance/enchant runes, and more boats might be available.

Comments

• JynXiJynXi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,025
    Uhhhhh. No.
  • john10john10
    JynXi wrote: »
    Uhhhhh. No.

I don't mean to fully change daily event just an addition
  • BloodAngelBloodAngel
    Vindictus Rep: 1,875
    I see nothing wrong with making this a perma addition, just like the guild buff event we had when neam was released (should really be a thing, makes raiding with my guildies more rewarding) It just needs to be reworked probably to once on any daily battle and the rewards rates changed a bit to accommodate that and I can see it as a good addition. The current daily jobs are bland, boring and repetitive. I don't pay attention to them anymore since I have the everyday hero title.
    john10
  • Nakrast_FreecssNakrast_Freecss
    Vindictus Rep: 535
    edited May 3, 2017
    I do agree that we should get some kind of reward for doing daily missions (so myne market will also be revived with mats for crafting, in EU at least) but giving free runes/other depot items for free so often, wouldn't be good.
  • TwilightSparkleTwilightSparkle
    Vindictus Rep: 2,440
    edited May 3, 2017
    i cant see it wat is it D:?

edit okies im dumb thought there was a link x.x
    I do agree that we should get some kind of reward for doing daily missions (so myne market will also be revived with mats for crafting, in EU at least) but giving free runes/other depot items for free so often, wouldn't be good.

maaybe have tickets like daily missions sorta to get a enchant/enhance rune every week or month?
  • john10john10

nice maybe getting a discount might good too
  • BowtacojrBowtacojr
    Vindictus Rep: 2,545
    They should just add them to the AP shop, there's tons of people with capped AP and it can be farmed without much difficulty through quick raids.

Plus it would likely makes Roch raid boats more common.
  • BloodAngelBloodAngel
    @Bowtacojr haha just put runes in seal shop I think would be better for bravery seals. That way if you don't need them for anything anymore you can still put them into runes. I'd say 100 for enhance 250 for enchant seems fair. AP shop would be wayyyyy too op. AP is too easy to farm for us imo, especially for gold chieftan event when they have those ap caps in the boxes and the ap from the hero runs with vip, and the possibility of runes from those boxes already. I think ap shop has some problems for putting runes in there, otherwise they'll have to be ungodly expensive.
  • IngkellsIngkells
    Vindictus Rep: 1,405
    they could put prize wheel tickets in warm welcome boxes or daily mission rewards. maybe runes or 7 day outfitters as the top prize.

could also do some player/s of the day stuff. like randomly select someone or a handful of people to get stuff, or participate in a special raid or pvp, a daily buff, fake magazine article, w/e. call it king/queen for a day.

also, this is more of a suggestions than future content thing, but w/e. we're gonna be ignored either way
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Vindictus Rep: 5,590
    250 seals for a rune? Nah m8 gotta go 500 Kappa
  • BloodAngelBloodAngel
    250 seals for a rune? Nah m8 gotta go 500 Kappa

Idk I thought about different numbers as I posted it, but 250 seemed most logical imo. Especially since it's not even a guaranteed success and with the max amount of bravery seals a day that takes about 3 hrs to get, you're looking at spending a lot of real time to try for a protected enchant. I think that's mostly fair, I just don't want to oversaturate the bravery shop with everything people need, better than ap though since ppl can just stay logged out and not run anything for that or just warm welcome or buy airtight ap caps to hit the ap mark to buy it from shop (the route I used to be for)
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    I dont think seals of bravery are a good idea, because that means that people wil hoard seals for runes and there will be much fewer people crafting stuff via seals.

But anyway nexon giving players an alternative, non-event method to get runes is probably very unlikely.
  • BowtacojrBowtacojr
    BloodAngel wrote: »
    @Bowtacojr haha just put runes in seal shop I think would be better for bravery seals. That way if you don't need them for anything anymore you can still put them into runes. I'd say 100 for enhance 250 for enchant seems fair. AP shop would be wayyyyy too op. AP is too easy to farm for us imo, especially for gold chieftan event when they have those ap caps in the boxes and the ap from the hero runs with vip, and the possibility of runes from those boxes already. I think ap shop has some problems for putting runes in there, otherwise they'll have to be ungodly expensive.

AP shop gives players a wider variety of missions to do to farm AP aside from just raids. In addition, if you think that AP is too easy to farm, the simple answer is to allow players to double up on the purchase of things like dye amps to ramp up the AP sink in the shop.

Raids can get boring, and some people only like doing certain raids, so it'd be better to expand the potential farming locations by making things obtainable through the AP shop than locking them behind the seal shop.
  • BloodAngelBloodAngel
    @Bowtacojr I see your point, and that does lead to an interesting idea with taking off the item limit per week on every item except the runes added. But I also think people will have less to spend their ap on if we indeed get the ap reduction to item res after enhance/enchant fail that they're talking about. So a lot of the things they're doing is contradictory rn to what we're debating so I think we have to wait and see what happens to the game before we can argue for runes to be implemented in AP shop or bravery shop, since then we are more likely to come to agreement and rally behind it together. :)
  • BowtacojrBowtacojr
    @BloodAngel Less AP required to revive a weapon means more to spend in the shop, so it's mostly a win-win. All you'd have to do to make the shop an effective AP sink is to unlock the number of dyes that you can buy, and maybe increase the AP cost of them a bit. After that it's only a matter of time before people are back to grinding because now they have something they can permanently spend their AP on. Same applies to merc posts, but I'd also increase their AP price to keep people from hoarding thousands, which most already have.

So long as you have a player base interested in cosmetics, this would likely be the easiest to implement way of keeping people playing.
  • 탱크블레이드탱크블레이드
    Vindictus Rep: 5,590
    That's actually a really well put way to do it. Don't see why Nexon Global doesn't do that for you guys if you end up getting out weapon revive update. .- .
  • TamagoTamago
    Vindictus Rep: 5,460
    edited May 11, 2017
    Enhance Runes used to be in AP shop. They removed it to fix something and never bothered adding it back. It was once per week and the dialogue still says they have it.
    NakrastBloodAngel
  • NakrastNakrast
    Vindictus Rep: 1,060
    Mainichi wrote: »
    Enhance Runes used to be in AP shop. They removed it to fix something and never bothered adding it back. It was once per week and the dialogue still says they have it.

Would be extremely nice to have at least base runes in the ap shop.
    Hope they put it back.
    BloodAngel
  • BloodAngelBloodAngel
    @Bowtacojr I completely get what you're saying and understand your point and I'm not gonna argue for or against it until we know what changes come to the weapon revival system since they're both dependent on each other. People can't be running around with a surplus of ap because they never know what to spend it on and complain about that (hence runes in ap shop plox). But if cost to revive goes down, runes should be very high in ap shop cost. Where if it stays the same, runes should be cheaper. Your dye idea should work since everyone i know loves cosmetics. But you would also have to redo prices in supply depot to reflect the ratio shown in ap shop between runes and dyes so they could possibly still make profit from their paying customers. You need to bring the developer into account if you want to propose changes like this.
  • BowtacojrBowtacojr
    edited May 12, 2017
    BloodAngel wrote: »
    You need to bring the developer into account if you want to propose changes like this.

In regards to the AP dyes, the question that you should ask yourself is how much do players still spend on dyes alone? If I had to wager, I'd bet that dye amps are rarely/never directly bought (save for seasonal dyes) and instead are exclusively gotten through either the AP shop or gatcha boxes, therefore the addition of an infinite supply of dyes would have little to no affect on the Vindictus business model.

As for runes, I'd also like to see how many people buy individual runes these days instead of just waiting for box sales or free events. I think I'd settle for just selling one of the runes that disappears after a success or fail each week, and one enchant rune that follows the same principle. This would give casual players a "consistent" means of progression that they can get every week, alongside any events that give free runes. Sales probably wouldn't dip too much as most players likely won't take full advantage of this and will still buy the sale boxes of runes if they plan on doing a lot of enhancing, but these will mitigate the early +6-+9ish struggle that they might encounter, obviously no guarantee since it's all RNG.

Honestly, I'm more interested in selling an infinite supply of cosmetics, such as dyes, than runes themselves. If players have access to dyes they can just keep farming, I imagine they'll be more inclined to spend money on outfitters and other non-farmable cosmetics to go along with their dyes. This same incentive principle can be applied to runes too, but people get way saltier when a rune fails than when they don't get a black dye, which is why cosmetics is the less volatile option.