[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Keeping Bought/Sold Price of an item on MP [Poll]

lumix345lumix345
Vindictus Rep: 1,875
edited April 30, 2017 in General Discussion
Hello Vindictus Community!

Wanted to ask something that I have always wondered about, but how do you all feel about people in the Marketplace editing their posts after a transaction is complete with things like "SOLD" or "Closed - Got One"?

There is nothing inherently wrong with it, but I have always felt that, if possible, leaving the information up on what the item was and how much it was purchased or sold for would help in Price Checking things. Leave your thoughts and thanks for indulging me on this pointless discussion! :)
  1. Do you agree in keeping the bought/sold price of an item in a MP post?26 votes
    1. Yes! It definitely helps with price checking items (And lets me show how rich i am or just became)
       73% (19 votes)
    2. No! The detail of my MP posts are my and the other party's business alone!(Tin Foil Hat intensifies)
       15% (4 votes)
    3. What? With the planned KR updates (screw-ups) coming, why is this a thing? No-Comment!
       12% (3 votes)

Comments

• PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    I try to leave sold prices up at least for a time for that reason. It can be hard to get a real estimate of what the market has been like when there's nothing on the forum to gauge things by, and the community isn't active enough to count on those who used to keep up with pricing. Most of the market hounds have either taken a break or quit the game entirely.
    Tabbed
  • TwilightSparkleTwilightSparkle
    Vindictus Rep: 2,440
    its horrible when i search for a price but it says "SOLD" instead of showing how much they sold it for :s
  • TabbedTabbed
    Vindictus Rep: 2,420
    I try to leave sold prices up at least for a time for that reason. It can be hard to get a real estimate of what the market has been like when there's nothing on the forum to gauge things by. . .

Same here, usually keep my bought/sold items for a short while and then remove them.
    I would usually keep prices of sold items saved on the images of the items I was trying to sell for future reference.
    If players PM me on the forums buying something, I would do a follow up PM as a "Receipt" for future reference again.

Now I just saved the prices of items bought/sold in a new comment everytime I bump to the first page.
    I still got lots to improvement to do on my "shop" will take time to update it.
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    I usually delete all info...item, price, contact information - all of it. However, if I had to respond to posts, then I just edit the thread title to indicate it's been sold because I'm too lazy to edit all the following comments.
  • JynXiJynXi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,025
    We had the option to close our topic in marketplace section in the EU forum.