[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

where to start

KikinaLnKikinaLn
Vindictus Rep: 415
edited April 12, 2017 in New Recruits
Heya all, i was just checking this game, wondering, how could i miss it... i was playing hardcore tera, then bns... gw2 too.
Now i was bored, and checked this, this game looks so cool, despite flaws it seems to have, i would hop in.

Now question is, isnt too late?
Another question is, what server to play on. I am european, allways playing on NA servers, havent had any issues ever, except bns a bit, anicanceling was bit laggy sometimes, but i managed to hold over year doing all hardest endgame including black tower.

So i rolled Arisha and then Evie on East. All perfect until i realised, that i host my own boats only. I found some random newbie from east coast NA, who told he has good connection, so i asked him to host boat. And it was unplayable. I have 190ping to servers, which is probably pretty bad, thats why i made Evie. I have allways better connection than aussies tho, and they seem to play on NA servers easy.
Theres bit problem, that noone hosts anything lowlevel, i dont have many ways to try this.
How to test all this better?
Or should i just start on EU server? My time schedule allways fits more to NA people, and also hearing game is almost dead, and EU servers are visibly 5x more dead than EAST - in EU peak time.
EDIT adding, I have 37-40 ping to EU servers, but so scared theres not enough people, bad economy etc.

Comments

• lordofrangerlordofranger
    Vindictus Rep: 1,130
    try EU server
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    Server-wise AUS is the smallest in population, and I'd put West, East, and EU on about the same level. In general, there won't be a lot of people to encounter until level 80-90, and you'll probably start seeing people at level 60. Also, the population will be even lower at this time because the last content update for end-game players was January, and we're expecting new content in June-July when the level cap is increased to 95 (up from 90).
    7thRonin
  • KikinaLnKikinaLn
    Ok so i tested today again, with another host, i had blue 2 bars, sometimes it changed to 3. And there was one more party member from na, and he had 3 bars all the time.
    and... it was pretty ok playable, i was able to block with arisha quite easy, no lag at all.

So i think ill stick with EAST, just pick some lag resistant class, chain vella or maybe evie, need to test them properly. Would love to stay with arisha, seems most fun so far, but i read people complaining that lags affect her pretty bad.

And again saying, i was playing tera hardcore grinder top endgamer (in times when it meant something), bns as well, including latest super hard raids, 4th clear BT on NA servers etc, and few more mmos... I got so bored, all similar except GW2, but that has quite no progress, no longer time goals... So overhyped for Revelation Online, and so disapointed.
    Then i found THIS, its so different, so different than anything ever, its kinda oldschool, but loving combat, and even with such oldschool engine, graphics and characters and outfits looks just epic.
    Lets see how this goes further.
  • TeknofobixTeknofobix
    Vindictus Rep: 665
    Feel free to hit me up on East I don't mind helping people with their nub stuff. For lag resistance Fiona (pure def) and Evie (her mana shield), and Delia (pure def/crit resist and easy block) probly least effected (One Shot) due to lag. I am assuming you want to stay with a female character. Risha is playable with Lag but it can eat up her main DPS attack and extensions of that attack its why I don't play her anymore. IGN: JustNota or Tekno on East.
  • KikinaLnKikinaLn
    thanks! though i decided for EU after all, got 4 bars allways and its not so dead (probably cause events, but really alive alot)
    i believe it could be playable on east, but its kinda hard, so far i soloed everything on normal or hard with risha up to lvl 70, but omg sometimes i dont know what to expect - and some too much jumping bosses two shot me - and reaction is usually in tens of second, which is NA ping range, so 35-40 ping is probably way to go
  • TeknofobixTeknofobix
    Vindictus Rep: 665
    Risha is also Really Squishy until 80 low Crit Resist and Def. But she also has a lot of invuln frames and her block.
  • KikinaLnKikinaLn
    lol Risha is toal hell for new player - there should be red warning, need to play vindi for years... lol
    i hit hard wall with soloing all those raids at 67-70, most frustrating experience - even after many tries, f.e. black hammer or ingkels no progress, managed to do golem, thor, lionetos, titan, but such frustration and nerves!!!

rerolled to Evie, not at 67 raids yet, but everything is so much easier!

i have many years experience with action mmos, it has absolute nothing to do with controlling super squishy character with 0,2s iframes (no matter how many she has, but they are too precise too short - and many of them depending on some upkeep or otherwise difficult) - especially learning damn raid boss who by one hit takes 60-70 perc hp on EASY mode
    Evie blink just works as i am used to dodges from another games, i can count on it + hit hit smash and run, if its getting harder, wisps helps soo much. Staffie is also ok, but... spells seem to have too short range, considering they charge so long, which was pretty annoying after time. Frustration washed away.

Also rerolled to EAST, for main reason, i dont play at EU main time, at all. Need to test more good hosts, to check if i can play this, tho when i partied random people, it was 2-3 bars (i think east coast people, around NY etc, should be 100 ping = 3 bars, and west coast or texas and similar goes up to 180-200 = 2 bars). Even on 2 bars it was just fine - not sure about hard hard endgame and if 8 people raid makes connection worse. Can anyone answer this?

I was playing BnS since launch on NA, which is considered to be super ping dependant, with 180-200 every hardest endgame up to black tower. Only effect was just 10perc less dps compared to same geared people with same class (at really really hardest raids). So i guess this should be OK????
    7thRonin
  • 7thRonin7thRonin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,030
    I live in Central USA. Started on East. Been on West for 3-4 years now? Played on EU for a few months. I get 86ping to both East and West coast servers 156ping to Paris & 150 to Amsterdam. Population seems roughly the same to me depending on play time. I have an old laptop (Core i3) and low memory. I run on potato graphics (DirectX 8.0 rather than 9).

West hosting - I can host Season 1 6man raids fine. 8 is pushing it. (this means I maintain a fairly steady 3-4green bar connection where I might lag a bit here and there as host, but party members don't usually experience more lag than their used to. Season 2 hosting is fine 1-4 and pushing it at 5-7. Season 3 is worse. 4-6man is where my patience with lag ends with some random lag spikes for everyone(more for myself) and a couple major ones for everyone when mass mobs spawn or bosses activate an AOE.

East hosting is roughly the same.

I will not host more than 4 in EU.
  • 7thRonin7thRonin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,030
    In my experience you need at least a pretty steady 4bar green connection (maybe dropping to 3 bars only once or twice(lagging)) to play in peak top form. This is just my preference. A steady 3 bars under a good host is good enough to play without missing to many dodges or mis-timing some attacks. 2 bars is not worth playing unless you are helping out a newbie, bored as hell, or stuck hosting a story raid. 1 bar is unplayable. Any time you see your connection bars turning orange/red someone is likely to wind up dead or dc'd.
  • KikinaLnKikinaLn
    i havent seen at my bars other color than blue yet. Then peak form - what class? Some are more ping resistant. What i see on youtube raids nemhain or what ever - people have usually 3 bars, in some groups often like 2 people have even two, and seems all working good.
    i havent experienced any lag with 2 bars, only at entry to zone - for few seconds (i think its host problem not ping) - BUT i havent done anything too hard yet

Theres bunch of aussies on west, and bunch of europeans on east - wondering how they are playing.
  • SeigakuSeigaku
    Vindictus Rep: 1,045
    Meanwhile, I play in one bar boats with 200 ping xD

ez lyfe
  • KikinaLnKikinaLn
    edited April 29, 2017
    hmm i have 3-4 on eu...
    so started with arisha up to 70, then found its insane hard, and rerolled evie, which is 81 now... i could solo many raids like black hammer avatar ingkels, with arisha no way even many attempts no progress

but

leveling in this game is the most unpleasant i ever experienced... even s2 there are no boats, or they dont fill at all - and soloing s2 zones on normal some bosses are insane hard - and on easy it gives absolute nothing! and easy is total pathetic easy.
    If there are ever any S2 boats, then only for 80-90 cause scrolls, and 70-80 doesnt drop them, what i been explained by guildies.

I dont understand - for example - princess of desert - with party normal mode and buff - 2,7mil xp - means, i begged guildies to help, but there was many others which i didnt, cause i felt like idiot asking with every crap to help. Other solution might be buy megaphones and spam and wait in boat ages. OR easy mode - which gives you 60k XP and bye bye.

difficulty scaling is fail, whole system is kinda fail - why did i even bother that i cant solo black hammer, when later on, i couldnt solo many things (well i did thanks to unlimited goddess blessing and merc pots, thanks to fishing, but thats lame)

What i understand, game is doing pretty bad with population on any server, but doing absolute nothing for new players to hop in. It has really good basics, like amazing combat, and great fashion (probably two most important things for most mmo players) but is managed so poorly, like someone doesnt care at all - right??

so my evie is 81 now, i hope things get better (tho uhm... looking at my 9 atk speed, figuring i should have 70+ hmmm okok)
  • SeigakuSeigaku
    edited April 29, 2017
    I would help with most of those runs if you're on AU server, but that's out of the question.

Most of the issues you've mentioned have been addressed both by veteran and new players, but the response/fix/actions by Nexon has been mostly disappointing or not working. Some of us who levelled our alternate characters on the same account had to go through the same problem as you are with having to solo runs with low gears, or just resorted to easy mode runs hoping to be able to gain EXP from other sources such as running s2 with guildies (if they are available) or hoping people to carry you on Abyssal Arena.

One of the main cause of this problem is because the population is so low; no good advertisement to gather new players, people quitted due to lack of content, losing their gears, or just having bad RNG to progress which kills their momentum and motivation to keep playing, in short, the reason can be endless. More people playing means more people doing runs, more boats available for new players to join, less risk of failing the run due to not enough damage cos others contribute towards DPS compared to a solo run, you can depend on feathers from other party members instead of Goddess Graces, etc.

I reckon if we keep getting new players, then it's fine if people come and go, as long as the population stays at somewhat considerable and viable. It is normal for players to come and go, it's hard to control this situation, but as long as we are getting new players and keeping them motivated to play as the next generation, I'd say the game won't be as discouraging as it is right now.

Most people don't really aim for 70+ speed at the beginning of their gameplay, even when you hit lv90, there are still a lot of things to learn. It would be unfair for new players to compare themselves with veteran players who played the game for many years, though I do get triggered with elitists who refuse to guide new players, while new players can keep the game alive for more years to come.

Since you mention about Controlled Black Hammer, he's practically one of the easiest raid in game, but that mostly because we have done him hundreds of times over the years. It takes time to adjust and learn all of the boss patterns and attacks, so for new players, they are meant to be hard so that you learn how to do them. Hell, I even struggled doing Iset and Havan story without dying.

• Yuria100Yuria100
    Vindictus Rep: 2,480
    edited April 29, 2017
    I can provide help if needed, to get you to end game quicker, but atm i'm going to be busy today and tomorow with setting up end game runs. but other those day i should be avialable on east server.

just provide me with your ign or wisper me at yuria100-yuria105
  • KikinaLnKikinaLn
    edited April 29, 2017
    Seigaku wrote: »

Most people don't really aim for 70+ speed at the beginning of their gameplay, even when you hit lv90, there are still a lot of things to learn. It would be unfair for new players to compare themselves with veteran players who played the game for many years, though I do get triggered with elitists who refuse to guide new players, while new players can keep the game alive for more years to come.

Since you mention about Controlled Black Hammer, he's practically one of the easiest raid in game, but that mostly because we have done him hundreds of times over the years. It takes time to adjust and learn all of the boss patterns and attacks, so for new players, they are meant to be hard so that you learn how to do them. Hell, I even struggled doing Iset and Havan story without dying.

good to hear, well i managed to get back at least 20, after losing 70-80 epaulet, scythe evie suffers bad lol

and about black hammer - i was not able to do him with arisha at all, and with evie first try, second try he barely touched me, like 2x max, so it was class problem

now i also found, that s3 is basicaly impossible to do solo, even that first wood elf captain completely wrecks me, so i am stuck with doing s2 i guess. I can solo twilight and ship on normal, but some bosses are real pain in the a$$ - and it takes ages... Or waiting for any boat - ages.
  • KikinaLnKikinaLn
    edited April 29, 2017
    Yuria100 wrote: »
    I can provide help if needed, to get you to end game quicker, but atm i'm going to be busy today and tomorow with setting up end game runs. but other those day i should be avialable on east server.

just provide me with your ign or wisper me at yuria100-yuria105

thats cool and very much apreciated, thing is that it kinda sucks depending on one person - it seems theres lot of lot of quests and lot of lot of xp to get - i will add you if i decide that i want to continue this, cause at the moment i am bit struggling

ALONE - 1 - 70 wait until you get 70 >>> ALONE ALONE 70-80 no s2 normal boats at all ever - and hard as hell, so much nonsense pain - wait until you get 80 >>> ALONE ALONE 80+ few s2 boats very rare, filled only by 90 - pls carry me, oh and if you log in late (too late evening or night) zero boats - wait until you get 90 ????? >>> then what, wait until i get +12 or better, with 25k matk??? then i wont be alone, maybe
  • SeigakuSeigaku
    The logical move probably to join the most active guild on your server, play with your guildies to reduce solo runs. Even better if you can get them to do s3 with you. Waiting for public boats is probably out of the question considering our current population, except in random cases. You can always add as much friends as possible to keep up with their runs as well, along with putting notification on Quick Battle window.

Some bosses are harder on some classes and they are quite balanced that way. Classes who do well in sandbag situation may have a hard time to keep up with quick and agile bosses. The class is intended, as it is and not a problem.

S3 runs are currently the latest episodes/chapters of the game so you should expect them to be hard, especially when you might be far from stat capping the bosses, hardly understand their moves yet (red attacks especially), damage weakening debuff (which requires light of palala or chain hook to recover), plus they do hit like a truck especially when players on lv80 gears.