[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

why couldn't neamhain have a practice mode

Comments

• MarronGlacesMarronGlaces
    Vindictus Rep: 1,055
    edited April 26, 2017
    Question2 wrote: »
    If you try talking to more people, im sure that you will hear a lot of stories of people spamming runes to try to reach attack cap for Neam (most of whom failed and rage quitted).

Not really, no? I still see most of the players still hanging around ch.1?

Attack capping a raid isn't required to complete it. Like I said, a full 20k party cleared it.
    I do 12-15% with my 25k Delia without crit or bal cap in a standard 40 minute run (and by standard I mean half dead at P3)
    You're adhering to your flawed play-style and blaming the system for it. Sounds like people just making excuses cos' they don't want to put the effort in.

Like i said, I know it can be cleared without attack capping it.

But you are seriously underestimating the amount of people who won't touch Neam without being attack capped.

Sure, you see plenty of people in channel 1 or wherever. But that doesn't mean that a lot of people haven't quit because they spammed runes to try to attack Neam, failed, and then quit.

More like, you're over-estimating it.
    Most people don't think with their wallets like you guys do.
  • JynXiJynXi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,025
    edited April 26, 2017
    Its meant to be a hard raid indeed.

At the start of the release it did quite annoy me that I was not able to just 'practise' moves like -gate of babylon- or the one hit ko from neit.
    You just need a party who is able to get to those stages, and then, while watching youtube video's, you are able to give it a try.
    Its just annoying that if you are trying, and you are not that good and a fast learner, you end up insta dying.

Ow and about neamhain; the main problem here is ---> dumb timed revives. (right before a ko move or babylon etc)

edit: dont forget this is an 'endgame' raid. So if you are not an endgame player, dont 'cry' about it. If you were endgame, you would prolly been in a premade party, or fixed a party yourself and learn along with them.
  • 2edgy4u2edgy4u
    Vindictus Rep: 2,915
    i dont think anybody here is "crying" about the mechanical difficulty or even stat requirements. it's perfectly reasonable to criticize the absurdity of not allowing a practice mode.
    IkarsuArixPixelPantsumisakamisaka
  • IkarsuIkarsu
    Vindictus Rep: 3,765
    Then again, if you're in a guild and NOT have a guild run done yet, you can use that as perfect solo practice. ^
  • Question2Question2
    Vindictus Rep: 3,235
    edited April 26, 2017
    pootisman wrote: »
    The current problem with the other raids in this game is you can blaze through everything in 2 weeks after its release/get carried while sleeping. So they throw you a raid that actually pushes people to gitgud/git geared up/both.

Far goes the raid design it's actually a pretty good raid and really does push people on their timing in action games. Very reminiscent of the 2011 summer when glas/ingkells were first released. The limits on pots/rez/no practice coupon allowed is just a tryhard way on trying to bring back how this game was supposed to be.

Uh, the problem is the game is designed to require you to blaze through raids to get anywhere. You know, the really low drop rates, low chances of succeeding enchants even if they drop, etc? The more raids you do in less time, the more chances you have of getting anything other than trash mats. Some of my friends are working and only have time to play a few nights a week, for a few hours each time. Even by maximizing the time:seal ratio by focusing on abyssal arena/solo raids, it still took them about a month to get 350 seals for a OJ weapon. You basically need to do 150+ raids (at minimum) on average to get anything decent. Key word : average.

If every s2/s3 raid took 30+ minutes with the terrible drop rate as it is now....you can imagine how people would react to it. As it is, people refuse to do last garden (probably the easiest special battle), even with fishing event graces and trans.

The game got easier because the players wanted it easier. The average MMO player is used to WOW style tab targetting and doesnt make it past the early levels in Vindi. You see all those newbies in level 60-90 free gear, still walking around with rampage earrings? They would have quit ages ago if the gear wasnt handed to them for free. As it is, once they have to actually make their gear or buy it, most of them will quit because "it is too hard".

Before even thinking about making a raid for the top 1% of players, they should have done something about the really low game population which is a result of broken game mechanics like the enhancing/enchanting system first. Funfact : they are actually going to make enhancing harder by nerfing ap weapon restore, because they are very desperate to sell more runes. Check the future content sub forum if you want more details on what the dumb ass director wants to do.
  • JynXiJynXi
    Vindictus Rep: 2,025
    pootisman wrote: »
    The current problem with the other raids in this game is you can blaze through everything in 2 weeks after its release/get carried while sleeping. So they throw you a raid that actually pushes people to gitgud/git geared up/both.

Far goes the raid design it's actually a pretty good raid and really does push people on their timing in action games. Very reminiscent of the 2011 summer when glas/ingkells were first released. The limits on pots/rez/no practice coupon allowed is just a tryhard way on trying to bring back how this game was supposed to be.

Uh, the problem is the game is designed to require you to blaze through raids to get anywhere. You know, the really low drop rates, low chances of succeeding enchants even if they drop, etc? The more raids you do in less time, the more chances you have of getting anything other than trash mats. Some of my friends are working and only have time to play a few nights a week, for a few hours each time. Even by maximizing the time:seal ratio by focusing on abyssal arena/solo raids, it still took them about a month to get 350 seals for a OJ weapon. You basically need to do 150+ raids (at minimum) on average to get anything decent. Key word : average.

If every s2/s3 raid took 30+ minutes with the terrible drop rate as it is now....you can imagine how people would react to it. As it is, people refuse to do last garden (probably the easiest special battle), even with fishing event graces and trans.

The game got easier because the players wanted it easier. The average MMO player is used to WOW style tab targetting and doesnt make it past the early levels in Vindi. You see all those newbies in level 60-90 free gear, still walking around with rampage earrings? They would have quit ages ago if the gear wasnt handed to them for free. As it is, once they have to actually make their gear or buy it, most of them will quit because "it is too hard".

Before even thinking about making a raid for the top 1% of players, they should have done something about the really low game population which is a result of broken game mechanics like the enhancing/enchanting system first. Funfact : they are actually going to make enhancing harder by nerfing ap weapon restore, because they are very desperate to sell more runes. Check the future content sub forum if you want more details on what the dumb ass director wants to do.

Blablabla. You sound like one of those 'not endgame players' who is struggling so hard to get this raid done for the first time.
    If you can not succeed it, dont blame nexon for it.

About the population, u are right. More advertisement please.
    And why I don't find the enhancement/enchant stuff hard in this game? Just because I do not 'randomly' do stuff in this game and just 'spend my ingame money' on every random thing I want?
  • ElleaseEllease
    Vindictus Rep: 1,625
    Practice mode, as it is currently implemented, would not work for Neamhain. They would need to redesign the system (even if it is just for this battle) to get it to work. As others have said though, they're not interested in doing all of Neamhain, they just want practice on either specific phases or moves. We would need some kind of sandbox mode (more in-depth than practice mode) which they are likely not going to invest the resources into implementing.

As an aside since it was just brought up, the AP restore changes are actually extremely smart on Nexon's behalf. The negative is it prevents people from getting a +15 through AP restore (all 15s will essentially be tradeable after this as a result). However, it stops people who cannot control themselves from blowing up their only weapon, which will cut some of the enhancing ragequitting that goes on.
  • MarronGlacesMarronGlaces
    Vindictus Rep: 1,055
    edited April 26, 2017
    JynXi wrote: »
    Blablabla. You sound like one of those 'not endgame players' who is struggling so hard to get this raid done for the first time.
    If you can not succeed it, dont blame nexon for it.

About the population, u are right. More advertisement please.
    And why I don't find the enhancement/enchant stuff hard in this game? Just because I do not 'randomly' do stuff in this game and just 'spend my ingame money' on every random thing I want?

I heard it's not about getting new players, but it's retaining players. That's what they mentioned with the recent devnote (not the lolenhance one) they had about restructuring the lower levels. Something about most new players quitting at around 30-ish.
    I've said it before, and I think they should just compress 1-60 into single battles each chapter. 1-60 is pretty much just a glorified and extremely long training mode anyway.

And the original plan for Neamhain, AFAIK was that people weren't supposed to be clearing it until a few weeks/months. And yet all the regions have cleared within 3 days of release.