[NEW MERCENARIES] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.

Event?

ziggybladeziggyblade
Vindictus Rep: 1,155
in General Discussion
I think they should be called a SALE not event because this has only to do with NX SALE'S.. >:)
Monoha2edgy4uTabbedDownIoadPixelPantsuhi5joshAnthonytonyboy

Comments

• MonohaMonoha
    Vindictus Rep: 1,485
    Yeah it really should be call sale not event.
  • Yuria100Yuria100
    Vindictus Rep: 2,480
    edited April 26, 2017
    There the weekend event, but yeah it mostly a sale /^^'. The 5% Enchant and 3% Enhancement increase in the only part that is an event and is pretty decent, if i have lots of gold i would go for it. Sadly I don't have lots of gold but this should help out new players by a lil bit.
  • DownIoadDownIoad
    Vindictus Rep: 2,185
    Yuria100 wrote: »
    There the weekend event, but yeah it mostly a sale /^^'. The 5% Enchant and 3% Enhancement increase in the only part that is an event and is pretty decent, if i have lots of gold i would go for it. Sadly I don't have lots of gold but this should help out new players by a lil bit.

Are you kidding me, do you work for Nexon lol? Let's go all in guys, they raised enchant success 5%!!!! That literally makes zero difference, if you think otherwise then you have fallen for Nexons scam.

I agree with OP, this is not an event.
    hi5josh
  • PixelPantsuPixelPantsu
    Vindictus Rep: 1,960
    Yep, I agree this is not an event.
    The other enhancement event (I think it was called the one shot event? Don't remember) we had that is far better was a chance to get gear to +8.
    Sure you'd need like a couple mil to try getting one shot to +8 but I feel its better than this "event".
  • SojSoj
    Vindictus Rep: 785
    I concur.

I don't know who's in charge of naming these things, but they need to stop doing a disservice to their community by pretending that these things are "events."
  • dazedgumballdazedgumball
    Vindictus Rep: 7,725
    I want them to bring back the destruction of environmental objects in order to get free dyes back.
  • SirRFISirRFI
    Vindictus Rep: 7,360
    edited April 27, 2017
    "Event" refers to the extra chances I suppose, although sales been often called an event either way. It's still better than this fake +8 shot thing with 4% chance by a long way. You can also combine it with Goibhniu's Enhancement Stone, and in an example change success chance from 33% to 39,3%. This varies on enhancement rank. More here: http://forums.vindictus.nexon.net/discussion/4050/
  • LoLoBootyLoLoBooty
    Vindictus Rep: 5,275
    edited April 26, 2017
    SirRFI wrote: »
    "Event" refers to the extra chances I suppose, although sales been often called an event either way. It's still better than this fake +8 shot thing with 4% chance by a long way. You can also combine it with Goibhniu's Enhancement Stone for a 33%→39,3% success chance.

Reminder to everyone that the 39.3% chance SirRFI refers to is only for +12 > +13 attempts with ghobby stones. Enhancements beyond that don't get a boost (+14/+15).

EDIT: The language of the website is "Enhancement chance increased by 3% for all Enhancements below +13". So does that mean attempting for +13 or attempting to enhance a +13 to +14? Confusing. Don't risk it.
  • Order5Order5
    Vindictus Rep: 5,900
    DownIoad wrote: »
    Yuria100 wrote: »

Are you kidding me, do you work for Nexon lol? Let's go all in guys, they raised enchant success 5%!!!! That literally makes zero difference, if you think otherwise then you have fallen for Nexons scam.

I agree with OP, this is not an event.

The 5% bonus to Enchantment is actually pretty huge when the success rate for r8-r7 is restricted to 25-40%. As Download said though, it ultimately makes little difference when you only have enough money to attempt a few times.
  • 2edgy4u2edgy4u
    Vindictus Rep: 2,915
    does +5% make 40% become 45% or 42%? im gonna assume the latter
  • PrototypemindPrototypemind
    Vindictus Rep: 8,530
    edited April 26, 2017
    @2edgy4u Looks like I had it wrong at first. The initial 3% is a raw 3% increase in enhancement chance regardless of the current level. The Goib stone is then an additional 10%, but of the current level, so 40% +3 for 43% from the event, then 43% + 10% of 43 or 4.3% from the Goib, so 47.3% as the final chance.

Enhancement chance increased by 3% for all Enhancements below +13
    • For example, an enhancement with 50% chance of success becomes a 53% chance during the event
    • Bonus is applied separately from the bonus granted by Goibhniu's Enhancement Stones and will stack

Goib:
    • Will increase enhancement success rate by 10% based on the current Enhancement Level of the equipment

Pretty poopy that we never get heads up on things like this. Someone who just mass enhanced is going to be feeling sick. I yolo'd some scrolls just for kicks and definitely would have waited had I known this was inbound.
  • TetsujinTetsujin
    Vindictus Rep: 1,660
    edited April 26, 2017
    +5% will make 40% become 45% & it stacks.
    • Enchant chance increased by 5% for all Enchant attempts
    • For example, an enchant with 50% chance of success becomes a 55% chance during the event
    • Enhancement chance increased by 3% for all Enhancements below +13
    • For example, an enhancement with 50% chance of success becomes a 53% chance during the event
    • Bonus is applied separately from the bonus granted by Goibhniu's Enhancement Stones and will stack

http://vindictus.nexon.net/news/22111/enchanted-enhancement-event
  • hi5joshhi5josh
    Vindictus Rep: 2,010
    Its a trap! Don't do it!
  • 2edgy4u2edgy4u
    Vindictus Rep: 2,915
    edited April 26, 2017
    @2edgy4u Looks like I had it wrong at first. The initial 3% is a raw 3% increase in enhancement chance regardless of the current level. The Goib stone is then an additional 10%, but of the current level, so 40% +3 for 43% from the event, then 43% + 10% of 43 or 4.3% from the Goib, so 47.3% as the final chance.

Enhancement chance increased by 3% for all Enhancements below +13

Goib:
    • Will increase enhancement success rate by 10% based on the current Enhancement Level of the equipment

Pretty poopy that we never get heads up on things like this. Someone who just mass enhanced is going to be feeling sick. I yolo'd some scrolls just for kicks and definitely would have waited had I known this was inbound.
    Tetsujin wrote: »
    +5% will make 40% become 45% & it stacks.
    • Enchant chance increased by 5% for all Enchant attempts
    • For example, an enchant with 50% chance of success becomes a 55% chance during the event
    • Enhancement chance increased by 3% for all Enhancements below +13

http://vindictus.nexon.net/news/22111/enchanted-enhancement-event

seems like a good deal, but i've become disillusioned with better-rng events. pity we dont have a large and reliable enough community to collect data and keep nexon honest. by my confidence there is a 35% likelihood this event and ghoibnu stones do nothing at all.
    Yuria100PixelPantsuDownIoad
  • MarronGlacesMarronGlaces
    Vindictus Rep: 1,055
    1% + 5% is still you lose.
    TetsujinDownIoad
  • SeigakuSeigaku
    Vindictus Rep: 1,045
    I have trust issues with these 'increase' chance thingys since forever.

I've failed miserably most of these only to come back to standard enhancement and actually get good results.